General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Pet Peave: "DON'T DRIVE SLOPPY!" (It should be a bumper sticker)

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 08:12 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Pet Peave: "DON'T DRIVE SLOPPY!" (It should be a bumper sticker)

Every SINGLE day where I am at - I see people cutting over the double yellow divider lines on two lane roads. EVERY DAY!

This morning I counted three on my drive to work...

One of them was a dually that was more than half of the chassis over the line most of the time. WHAT ARE THEY THINKING? On overtaking the guy, I had to use my horn to get the idiot back in his own lane!!! (YES. He was driving slow - and still way over....)

What does this do? What does it mean?

If driving out of your own lane is so much a habit that it is taken for granted, who do you have to blame when you sideswipe an oncoming vehicle? Take one guess, and if you get it wrong: Throw your keys away, PLEASE!

What a disaster... Has all that money spent on dividing the roads, driving tests, and engineers rating roads for acceptable speeds been wasted on damn fools? How long is your sight distance? What will you do when another jackdaw comes around a turn half into YOUR lane, when you are already HALF INTO THEIRS??? I am dead serious about this...

Cotton Cole, and Roy Norman are dead in Tipton County Tennessee (link)mainly because of just one thing. They "SIDESWIPED" one another...

How much is enough?

I drive fast - but not so fast I drift into oncoming lanes...

Maybe I should have headed this thread with the phrase: "DON'T DRIVE SUICIDALLY..."

For Christ's sake - stay in your own lane!

EVERY morning I get in my truck with the complete realisation that at any curve I may have some idiot coming right at me in my own lane HEAD-ON. It just should not be - it isn't right!

It doesn't make a bit of difference if it is a country road or not. You STILL are breaking the law if you ignore the rules of the road.

~Wolf

Last edited by Greywolf; 11-13-2006 at 08:26 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:30 PM
bf250
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its that whole pay attention thing, i guess people feel there are more important things to do when driving then pay attention to driving.

where i live its those pesky cell fone drivers, those people are like a bunch if annoying mosquitoes buzzing around.

Old 11-13-2006, 08:35 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
There should be an entire new category of violations purely for "NIHILISTIC DRIVING"...

Old 11-13-2006, 08:55 PM
smokestone52
Elder User
This is what pisses me off, to the max!

Driving to work at 5:30 am. Traffic is on the verge of commuter mayhem.
Every time there is some idiot that has to do the sling shot change lane Removed by Admin: inappropriate comment for a family site l

Kiss my butt. Don't these pin heads know that what they do slows traffic down even more! Fricking morons on six inch centers in citiys!

Last edited by IB Tim; 11-14-2006 at 06:52 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:02 PM
Dusty_F150
Junior User
this is one reason i have that great big steel grill guard on my 80 460 Ford, that and the big lift and tires dont hurt!

a good way to help peolpe relise your there is to turn on your head lights or buy a cheep set of driving lights and mount them to the bottom of your bumper. not much but it can help. set of air horns dont hurt either

Old 11-13-2006, 11:13 PM
polarbear
Post Fiend
Like this?

Pic was taken Saturday, BTW. Expected to be wheelin' in the mud...

Old 11-13-2006, 11:13 PM
Old Rust Bucket
Elder User
Or step on the clutch and rev the hell out of the motor. Not advisable for the 300-6 though.

Old 11-13-2006, 11:22 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
(?)

So whatinell am I supposed to do on bluff roads in a Ranger II?

Learn to pray at the speed of light?

*WUFF!*

Jackasses annoy me... I wish they didn't drive, but they will anyway.

(OH WOW! He says - "A Reverse Hi-Jack....")

So, how many points do I get? You NWC Yankee suckers... A Retrieval of a thread ought to be worth something, anyways....

Last edited by Greywolf; 11-13-2006 at 11:25 PM.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:32 AM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Get smaller - go faster

Last edited by BigF350; 11-14-2006 at 05:36 AM.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:15 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Received 200 Likes on 85 Posts
I'm going to play the other side here. At night if I can't see lights coming I drive in the middle of the road. Of course on coners i go back to my lane. Around here we have lots of suicidal brown furry animals that love to run out into the road. If i straddle the lines with all six of my forward facing lights glowing I can easily see anything on either side of the road waiting to ruin my day. Most of the time I do this in the very early morning hours. The real kicker is when I was doing this on a back road, known for deer, and some woman tried to pass me. Now this was around 5 am and I never drive slow. So I got in my lane and let her go. Then I showed her why that was a bad idea. Factory headlights, foglights and PIAA driving lights and it looked like daylight inside her car. Oh well, the dumb ones gotta learn somehow.

Old 11-14-2006, 04:46 PM
Joelski
Elder User
'Wolf! You fool! How are you supposed to hold your celly, coffee and a butt, shift gears, yell at the kids AND stay in your marked lane?

Old 11-14-2006, 06:50 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by BigF350

Get smaller - go faster
That's my car

Old 11-14-2006, 07:55 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by Joelski
'Wolf! You fool! How are you supposed to hold your celly, coffee and a butt, shift gears, yell at the kids AND stay in your marked lane?

Cell phones and children are not allowed in my truck, period! The coffee is iced when present, and rides in a sports bottle. Smokes are staged with a lighter next to them, and only allowed on long open stretches...

And BigF350 - be glad I don't live in Australia. I could be very tempted to steal an original mini without any remorse whatsoever! The cheek! To own a machine like that, and live so far away that I can't drive it...

The more reason to build the living hell out of both the Suzuki and my Ranger collection (I'm about to bag another one with a 2.9 in it. How does four hundred US$ sound?).

Old 11-14-2006, 07:57 PM
ATC Crazy
Hotshot
Received 2,740 Likes on 1,330 Posts
Originally Posted by polarbear
Like this?

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...Photo-0093.jpg

Pic was taken Saturday, BTW. Expected to be wheelin' in the mud...

You got a fog light out

Old 11-15-2006, 04:12 AM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Greywolf
The more reason to build the living hell out of both the Suzuki and my Ranger collection (I'm about to bag another one with a 2.9 in it. How does four hundred US$ sound?).
Indeedi - you either like small cars/trucks or you don't... I am glad most people don't

Quick Reply: Pet Peave: "DON'T DRIVE SLOPPY!" (It should be a bumper sticker)