1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Code help!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 03:25 PM
Harley12
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Code help!!

Had a friend drive by and stop while I was checking my transmission level. Trans doesn't shift right when it gets all warmed up. It drives OK when its cool. While the engine was still cool it showed high on the hot side of the stick. I'm thinking the tranny shop who worked on it last year over filled it.
Anyways the friend that stopped by had a Super Tuner tool for his Ford truck that fit my year truck and he hooked it up just for a quick diagnostic check and showed a code P0603 and looked it up in his manual and said it was a Ctrl mod KAM error. The star listed next to the P0603 showed it as a Computer and auxillary output catagory.
Any ideas????????
97F250 7.3L auto trans

Old 10-27-2006, 05:31 PM
1997F-350
Postmaster
that code is the keep alive memory. appears if you stalled truck or disconnected batteries. i think that is the code that appears also if you got a chip or is that the 605? to much psd info in my head to remember sorry.

Old 10-27-2006, 06:01 PM
Cuda_jim
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Take it back to the tranny rebuilder but drain some out or they might accuse you of adding the oil.

An overfilled tranny will act up when hot. Maybe that's the only problem. Drain some out or just change the fluid & filter.

Old 10-27-2006, 10:45 PM
Harley12
New User
Thanks again for the replies.Yes I did disconnect my batteries just last Friday to check the condition of my batteries and to clean all the posts and connectors, cause its been sitting with a trickle charger on it. (Been driving my new car) I'm hoping too much oil is the only problem and I've not added any myself. Its been over a year since the rebuild and what a nightmare that was with them. It took almost a month for them to get it back to me and had to redo it three times. Once it was for a cracked case which I think they did and they didn't charge me for it. I will not take it back to them thats for sure. But now I will take it to someone to check then change the oil and filter and hope fully they can run a sensor check on the tranny.