Divorced people at weddings...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 06:44 AM
tcbofade
Hotshot
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Divorced people at weddings...

Need to vent.

As most of you know, I attended a friends wedding this weekend. It was beautiful...he's a good guy, she's a good girl. I wish them the best and don't want to disparage them at all.

That being said... I was less than comfortable at thier wedding. The preacher does the whole bit about what a ring is SUPPOSED to mean, yadda, yadda, yadda. My finger was absolutely burning. I got through the wedding without yelling, "Run, Forest, Run!" even tho I REALLY wanted to...

The reception was also nice, and it was good to see bride, groom and various friends getting loose and having a good time. I wasn't. Entirely too many people trying to drag me into whatever the idea of the moment was. I truly did not want to be a wet blanket, but really was just there to wish bride and groom the best and get the fork out.

Should I have skipped it all together? Am I an idiot? My niece is yelling at me for not dancing with every single woman there...sorry. I wasn't in the mood to flirt.

How about some input foks?

Old 10-09-2006, 07:41 AM
vloney
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You were there because friends wanted your company. They understanded your previous "problem" and didnt care. The important thing was that you were wanted. If you ever find the perfect mate, there can be no question, there can be no doubt. It works for some people, some it doesn't. If I wasnt married, I'd either be in jail or dead. One day, you will find another, and you will know its right.

Old 10-09-2006, 10:48 AM
mrfixit64857
Posting Guru
Two things I hate: Weddings and Funerals. That being said, I have been IN one and fairly certain I will be in the other, and I was glad to see MY FRIENDS and relatives there for the former, hope to see(?) them there for the latter, lol. My wife and I have ridden a long rocky road together and while we are STILL together, there were times where we almost weren't; My life "on the road" actually saved us, since I was gone all week long. But, this wasn't my first marriage, either.

In my first marriage, I lost so very much of myself with it. My identity, my pride... So during that "single phase" in-between, I was loathing weddings, avoiding dating, etc... but my friends, married and unmarried, helped me to realize that I needed to make the past a closed door and re-discover who TOM was. The resulting journey made me more confident in myself and my abilities, and owed my newfound self-respect to my friends who stood by me. So, as they got engaged, got married, had kids, I went to weddings and parties and such. Believe it or not, THOSE weddings are a big part of what made me believe that love CAN happen again. and more than that, I wanted so much for my friends who had been there for ME to know that I would be there for THEM. You did the right thing; maybe at the next one you can actually ENJOY yourself, lol!

Old 10-10-2006, 08:41 AM
tcbofade
Hotshot
I appreciate the kind words, but really, I'm OK. Just was amazed at how lots of folks felt the need to drag me into whatever noise was going on at the moment.
No, I wasn't having a great time, but I wasn't miserable either. How about a little space folks?

The next one? I may be crazy, but I ain't flippin' dumb.

I'm sorry if I sound like a heel, but I'm rather enjoying being single. I've had WAY too much to drink over the last four days, but I've also shared the company of three different young ladies over the weekend. Try that when you're married. I was the good and faithful hound dog for ten years or so, now I'm enjoying being single. (Boy, does the ex get pissed when someone else answers my phone...)

I dunno. I'm glad that I was there, and I certainly love both of the newlyweds, and they were wonderful to me...it's all the rest of the crowd that I guess wanted to see me chasing every skirt in the place.

Maybe next time!

Old 10-10-2006, 07:20 PM
Century Coronado
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by tcbofade

....I'm sorry if I sound like a heel, but I'm rather enjoying being single. I've had WAY too much to drink over the last four days, but I've also shared the company of three different young ladies over the weekend.....

Maybe next time!
Any Port in a storm ..... that's nautical talk...