S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

help with a part

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 01:04 AM
bugsdad
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help with a part

Hey guys,new to the site,I own a 1973 F350 SC.Its not my daily driver but I put a lot of camping and hauling miles on her.Trying to leak free the truck,pulled the power steering pump and like a dumb @$$,I tried to get the pully off with a 3 arm gear puller.Needless to say it didnt take long before I messed it up and now Im in need of the pully.If someone could guide me in the right direction as far as a wrecking yard,puller part number,or if someone has one lying around,I would appreciate the help.Thanks

Old 09-27-2006, 09:31 AM
Kep4
Jäger
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Where do you live in CA? You can check the FTE site sponsor list near the top left side of the page. National Parts Depot or Blue Oval Truck Parts may have what you need. The Classifieds section near the top in the grey banner has a parts wanted section where you could post your needs.

Old 09-27-2006, 02:22 PM
bugsdad
New User
I'm in Hunting Beach.Yes I tried the big resto parts places and they didn't carry the pully.I posted this in another section,and I'm going to follow up on a couple of replys.Thanks

Old 09-27-2006, 03:28 PM
wassabe
Senior User
bugsdad, I've had good luck finding parts at a wrecking yard in Anaheim called All-Ford Auto Wrecking. Their moto is " If we ain't got it ,Ford didn't make it". Phone number: (714) 993-2110. Good Luck.

Old 09-27-2006, 04:42 PM
bugsdad
New User
I just called,they have been out of business for 10 years.

Old 09-27-2006, 11:22 PM
wassabe
Senior User
Originally Posted by bugsdad

That's strange, I've been there a few times in the past couple years. In fact, I traded a beat-up tailgate for a couple of sun visors less than a year ago. When I get to work tomorrow I'll check the number again.

Old 09-28-2006, 10:14 AM
wassabe
Senior User
Originally Posted by bugsdad
I just called All-Ford and they are alive and well. They are located on Orangethorpe and Jefferson in Anaheim.

Old 09-28-2006, 12:09 PM
bugsdad
New User
Originally Posted by wassabe
I just called All-Ford and they are alive and well. They are located on Orangethorpe and Jefferson in Anaheim.
Sorry wassabe,your absoluty correct.When I called yesterday,the guy must have been playing a joke when he said they were out of business.Kind of like answering the home phone "pizza hut,can I help you?"Maybe thats just something we did.Anyway,I called and he said bring the pulley by.I'll let you know how it goes.Thanks