Sponsored by:

Help with heated seats

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 09:32 PM
daddgonemadd
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with heated seats

Driver side heated seat quit working. Light on button flashes. It is an 04. Any input?

Old 10-28-2006, 06:22 PM
afreemanmd
Elder User
same problem with my 2000 X.

Its not the fuse, because the passenger still works and that same circuit controls a bunch of other stuff too, all of which works. The heated seat button lights up, but no heat. Its not too bad in texas, but there are still times i wish it would work.

Is it just a faulty heating element?

thanks

Old 10-29-2006, 09:12 PM
bigdog55
Senior User

The problem I have is that they both get hotter than heck..They are either on or off and there seems to be no middle...That is one of the items that the suburban has that the Ford doesn't..Another is chromatic mirrors on the sideviews.Don't get me wrong,I LOVE my new PSD Excursion... It's just that there were several tradeoffs in mainly interior things...

Old 10-30-2006, 06:06 PM
JohnnyAirtime
Tuned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bigdog55
The problem I have is that they both get hotter than heck..They are either on or off and there seems to be no middle...That is one of the items that the suburban has that the Ford doesn't..Another is chromatic mirrors on the sideviews.Don't get me wrong,I LOVE my new PSD Excursion... It's just that there were several tradeoffs in mainly interior things...
Like my GF says; (she drives a Tahoe)
"A Ford is a boys truck..."

I too like the amenities of a Chevy/GMC better in the interior, however I'll never give up my straight axle for a simple thing like "off/medium/high" on my power seat heaters!

And yes sir 'eee Bob... those heaters work!!

Old 11-03-2006, 12:24 PM
Pickupmanx2
Logistics Pro
Received 239 Likes on 184 Posts
My drivers side stopped also? Although when I drive it I am glad, it seems like that friggin button was always getting hit and boy HOWDY! when that sucker heats up, it HEATS UP!! I bought the 100k ESP coverage, so it is going in for that and a few other things in a week, blower motor only works on high, but yes, we love the truck, 85k she is just gettin broke in! My only gripe, was that the 02 Expeds had wireless DVD, and they gave us the headphones, and then took them back and gave us the wirelines other than that, great trucks, now she won't drive my 99 unless she has too!!

Old 11-14-2006, 12:00 AM
drzman
Junior User
my drivers side quit also , its a 2000 limited . drivers side ,light stays on but no heat.
Sorry to bring this back up but im tired of my wife asking me to fix it . Does anybody have a wiring diagram i could get?
thanks,
John

Old 11-14-2006, 12:16 AM
afreemanmd
Elder User
drzman,

I have the exact same symptoms, also on a 2000 limited, so if you happen to find a fix please PM me or sumthen, because its really beginning to irratate me that the thing doesn't work. Maybe a busted heating element?

thanks

isaac

Old 11-14-2006, 12:58 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by drzman
my drivers side quit also , its a 2000 limited . drivers side ,light stays on but no heat.
Originally Posted by afreemanmd
drzman,

I have the exact same symptoms, also on a 2000 limited, so if you happen to find a fix please PM me or sumthen,
Yup, me too. 2000 Limited here too.

Share the fix please, if anyone finds it.

Stewart

Old 11-14-2006, 09:07 AM
weekendwander
Junior User
Same thing on my 2001. This beast doesn't fit in my garage so I need that seat to get hot. I think I am going to take it to a local auto upholstery shop to fix.

If someone finds an easy way to diagonis and fix let me know also.

Thanks

Old 11-14-2006, 05:15 PM
afreemanmd
Elder User
Originally Posted by Franklin2
You are correct. There are two fuses for the heated seats and they feed both sides. They are fuse #27, 15 amp, and fuse #57, 30 amp.

There is a module under the seat that controls the heating elements. The heating elements for the bottom and the back are hooked in series. So you could unplug them and check them for continuity between the yellow/lightblue and the violet/lightblue. You also could possibly swap modules from the passenger side to the driver's side, and also compare some other readings between sides to try to figure out what's faulty.
found that in the electrical forum. The truck being referred to is a 2002 f-350 lariat. Hope that helps. but I haven't had a chance to try it or anything, I just got back from school and saw it

isaac

Old 11-15-2006, 09:31 PM
drzman
Junior User
I got a wiring diagram for it. the weather has been bad and i cant get it in my garage either so its going to wait for a few days . according to the diagram, both modules are the same , so knowing that the pass side works im going to put the module off of the drivers side on there and see if it works if it does then more than likely i have a heater element out. I was told not to put the passengers side module on the drivers side because if the element is bad or there is somthing else wrong it could cost me 2 modules.
On the other hand i was also informed that some solder joints come loose in the modules and there easy to fix, we`ll see about that.

any way i`ll keep ya posted .

Old 11-24-2006, 04:28 PM
bnuvp
Senior User
Any luck with your heated seats? It's about to get cold here in WNY, I'm still waiting for a clear explanation on these damn seats. Fortunately the passenger side still works so I don't have to listen to my wife complain.

Old 11-24-2006, 07:38 PM
bigdog55
Senior User

It seems as if since my last post that my seat has quit working also and the DWs hasn't.. It used to heat up almost hot enuff to be downright uncomfortable when wearing bluejeans and now it hardly feels like anything...Durn,I don't have my extended warranty yet either and winter showed up today...

Old 01-21-2007, 02:22 PM
JAY95gt
Mountain Pass
Question

Originally Posted by drzman
I got a wiring diagram for it. the weather has been bad and i cant get it in my garage either so its going to wait for a few days . according to the diagram, both modules are the same , so knowing that the pass side works im going to put the module off of the drivers side on there and see if it works if it does then more than likely i have a heater element out. I was told not to put the passengers side module on the drivers side because if the element is bad or there is somthing else wrong it could cost me 2 modules.
On the other hand i was also informed that some solder joints come loose in the modules and there easy to fix, we`ll see about that.

any way i`ll keep ya posted .
Did you find the wiring diagram online? I've been looking for one for my '00 Excursion and can't find anything. If so, any chance I could get a copy? Much appreciated.

My heaters don't work either but have lights. Both fuses appear fine so I figure it's wiring or the elements. Lots of wires in the swicth so a diagram is gold! Thanks.

Old 01-21-2007, 07:42 PM
drzman
Junior User
I didnot find a diagram online. my brother is a mechanic at a local shop and printed one for me. I am not at home where it is but when i do get there i will copy it and post it for you to look at. I did find that my heating element in the bottom of the seat was bad.

Quick Reply: Help with heated seats