Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

What do you think about this?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 07:25 PM
duramaximizer
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 09-21-2006, 10:16 PM
socalfurnow
Senior User

good idea to have a test unit up and running prior to 2010. That gives plenty of time for testing. Given the Gen's track record at making thier own diesel engines it will hopefully be time well spent Good marketing. Telling folks about a product they'll not see for some time but trying to change their image today from the classic Big Gasser manufacturer.

New diesel options from GM have been mentioned in other forums here. Hope to see something new from Ford once our boy from Boeing gets settled in. Fords got some 'easy' options they can import from international divisions. Need to get their finger out.

On a side note - Daimler going to do anything with a smaller diesel in it's newest side show formerly known as Chrysler Dodge? Or was it Dodge Chrysler? Seems so long ago .....

Old 09-24-2006, 11:08 PM
duramaximizer
Posting Guru
That was my thoughts exactly. LOL But I do know when I was down in Costa Rica here a few years ago, GM had trailblazers down there with factory Turbo Diesels in them.

Old 09-25-2006, 02:24 AM
polarbear
Post Fiend
Anyone else worried where the cost of these diesels are going as the manufacturers work to meet the new standards?

Old 09-25-2006, 01:51 PM
socalfurnow
Senior User
no worries mate

Polar -

We shouldn't be worried at all! The cost will be passed on to the consumer Or they'll make cost saving changes aka cut quality. But hey, I'm ford blue so whatever's good for the Company, yes?

We should perhaps temper our desire to have more of these options that they have across the pond or even the Generals Latin option. Soon the one tons will be powered by a three cylinder turbo and we'll all be using the euro, no more macks and peterbilt, just flat faced 'lorries', no more starbucks just sweet tea, crummy sandwiches or really thin pancakes that don't fill ya up Smaller hatchbacks are becoming more popular...

Which is why I will be down your way as soon as we get the permits on the 2 new homes. I want a truck that not only will help put it up but can help pull it down too It's my God Given American Right

At this point I believe it is only fair to acknowledge this small diversion in thread topic

Last edited by socalfurnow; 09-25-2006 at 01:52 PM. Reason: omission, not emissions
Old 09-25-2006, 01:54 PM
socalfurnow
Senior User
look

in reference to the hatchback and euro influence, check out the blue writing aabove and links associated now with this word. There's that much more interest in them.

Last edited by socalfurnow; 09-25-2006 at 01:59 PM. Reason: didn't do it