N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Members Email Address -

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 02:57 PM
WillyB
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Members Email Address -

Please send me an email with your email address. My FTE email account is still messed up and I do not want to use the PM feature for private notes and questions.

Click here to send me your address - or, if that does not work, send it to Clint (at) old-fords (dot) com.

Please indicate it if you do not want it shared with other members. I intend to use it for announcements and maybe the newsletter.

Clint
Chapter leader

Old 09-03-2006, 06:10 PM
nevrenufhp
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just sent mine

Old 09-03-2006, 09:51 PM
Shortbed
Freshman User
I just sent it to you.

Old 09-03-2006, 10:01 PM
WillyB
Post Fiend
Thanks, Shortbed. You never said where you live - how about introducing yourself to the other members?

Old 09-03-2006, 11:04 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mine is on the way Clint.

Hey Shortbed, that's a real nice looking pickup!

Old 09-04-2006, 06:46 PM
Baseball Babe
Junior User
I sent you an email. Sorry, I haven't been around much. I am working two job and going to school.

Old 09-04-2006, 08:34 PM
3Mike6
Postmaster
passnb4u@earthlink.net

I don't care who has it

Old 09-04-2006, 08:47 PM
WillyB
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by 3Mike6
passnb4u@earthlink.net

I don't care who has it
What happened? That is the first email link I have seen survive on this site - they were filtering them out!

Old 09-05-2006, 01:14 AM
pilot10
More Turbo
Originally Posted by WillyB
What happened? That is the first email link I have seen survive on this site - they were filtering them out!
Hey WillyB,
See

Site Announcement Forum-

Signatures and Email Addresses 07-26-2006 05:34 AM

Signed up for the chapter a week or two ago and was under the impression I had to wait for approval from WillyB before jumping in. Must of got that part wrong- something my wife accuses me of often.

So at the risk of being declared persona non gratis I'll go ahead and jump on in.

Hi to all

I'm located in San Mateo (20 min south of SF). Born in SF and raised in San Mateo. Both my older brother and younger sister high tailed it out of the area years ago- both are in Oregon now. With the way prices, population and traffic are around here I've more than once considered moving on out to somewhere else but then I take a bike ride up to Russian Ridge where one can see the SF Bay, the Ocean (inc. the Farrallon Islands when there isn't so much fog) , Monterey Bay and all the higher peaks in the bay area all from the same spot. Spend a few minutes up there and life in this area is much more bearable.

I enjoy hiking, biking and skiing and of course driving the truck to any of those activities is just that much more fun.

The wife and I enjoy taking lots of little trips- a day to a week is the usual length. We haven't made it out of the country but once in the last 20 years and that was Canada in 04. This Thursday we're headed up to Reno to view the Hot Air Balloon races- It's an okay event- the wife likes it more than I do, and it's important to keep the wife happy. Are you listening WillyB? I can't believe you didn't know when you're wife's birthday was. I can understand forgetting it as it approaches, but to actually not know- that's pretty much suicide if you ask me. Well actually not suicide- the wife could claim it was a mercy killing and no jury in the land would convict her.

Did you know you can drive into Canada without a passport but you can't fly into Canada w/o a passport? Driving back was a different matter. First hand knowledge there.

I think this is a great site and spend so much time on it I figured I would try and connect to some local members.

Tim

Old 09-05-2006, 06:51 AM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Pilot10,
Hi back at you.
You can enter your name and location on the Frapper Map if you wish. It keeps track of member's locations throughout Northern Cal.
Enjoy Reno. Nice time of year there. I thought the Balloon Races were in Carson Valley??? If so, let me know when your in the area.
Tim

Old 09-05-2006, 08:25 AM
WillyB
Post Fiend
Pilot10, sorry about that. I did process your application but did not notify you. Mostly I send an email to each new member. I though you would get a notification from the software, guess that is another change we got with the new upgrade.

I don't approve or disapprove any member. We are all adults and do not have any formal rules, other than to be polite and courteous to fellow posters. The group can police themselves. There has never been a problem.

As Tim said, please locate yourself on the Frapper map. I do like the looks of your truck, you ever use it off-road? Do you camp in it?

Last edited by WillyB; 09-05-2006 at 08:28 AM.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:49 AM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Clint, you should already have mine...? (Or should I say "still"...)

Being a mod puts me on the "Official Psycho Hit List" so I suppose it would be best not to share it with too many...ahem..."other" psychos.... (That is to say, other than you guys and gals!)

Old 09-05-2006, 09:08 AM
WillyB
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by TigerDan
Being a mod puts me on the "Official Psycho Hit List" so I suppose it would be best not to share it . . . !)
OK, as long as you don't over-moderate me . . . .

Reminds me, when I was working we had a supervisor that was being a hard #ss, so a bunch of us sent his name and both company and home address to all the sleazy publications we could find. He didn't last for long, but I always wondered how he explained that mail to his boss, and to his wife.

Old 09-05-2006, 12:06 PM
pilot10
More Turbo
Originally Posted by olfordsnstone
Pilot10,
Hi back at you.
You can enter your name and location on the Frapper Map if you wish. It keeps track of member's locations throughout Northern Cal.
Enjoy Reno. Nice time of year there. I thought the Balloon Races were in Carson Valley??? If so, let me know when your in the area.
Tim
There are many places that have balloon races. Carson city has the camel races and there is ballooning around that area as well. Reno has hosted a medium large race for years. This will be the 25th annual Hot Air Balloon Race. We've been attending since the early 90s. Usually around 125 balloons. The really big event is in New Mexico as I understand it- something like 1,000 balloons. Haven't made it there so far- hhmmm- maybe I should look into that.

As far as being in your area- I just bought my season pass for Kirkwood- 12th year in a row and if the job search gets me the right position I'll be joining with some friends and doing a ski lease in Markleeville- they are going to do it anyway. It's around $200 a month, November-April. A little pricey for my budget but hey you gotta spend your money on something before the wife or the goverment get their hands on it . I usually make it up for about 30-45 ski days each season. I bought a little Toyota RV for the trips but it is not the right vehicle for the winters up there. Don't mind the cold so much as the unit is too small to invite my rowdy friends into it and expect it to stay in nice enough condition to take the wife on trips in the summer(it's definitely too cold for her to stay in winter).

I don't really take my truck off road as the camper shell is fiberglass and I think it would crack, plus I like the paint to be shiny and dent free.

I do like to camp. However the last three summers have been out of whack and I've made it camping like twice in that time. Of course that doesn't include all the times I've slept in the back of my truck in Kirkwood's parking lot.

Tim

Old 09-05-2006, 07:42 PM
Shortbed
Freshman User
Originally Posted by WillyB
Thanks, Shortbed. You never said where you live - how about introducing yourself to the other members?
Well I have been here for a while but don't post much, btw I live around Marysville, Ca. and I am a plumber by trade.
The 67 in my sig, is currently sitting in the driveway with the front clip off getting the frame sand blasted, then boxed and painted.

I am building a full roller 428 for it, all aluminum top end, it should be a nice ride if I ever have the time to work on it.

Quick Reply: Members Email Address -