Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Indiana Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Indiana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-23-2006, 01:16 AM
Freshman User

Locoster is starting off with a positive reputation.
Indiana trailer license or permit?

I plan on buying a tandem trailer car trailer in Indiana, picking up a car in Michigan, and towing it home. My question is, "What do I do about a license or permit, to use till I get home to Saskatchewan"?
Old 08-23-2006, 07:11 AM
Post Fiend

jroehl has a spectacular reputation.jroehl has a spectacular reputation.jroehl has a spectacular reputation.jroehl has a spectacular reputation.jroehl has a spectacular reputation.jroehl has a spectacular reputation.jroehl has a spectacular reputation.jroehl has a spectacular reputation.jroehl has a spectacular reputation.jroehl has a spectacular reputation.jroehl has a spectacular reputation.
Here's somewhere you could try (you may have to email or phone someone for a good answer):

www.in.gov/bmv

Jason

Probably the greatest harm done by vast wealth is the harm that we of moderate means do ourselves when we let the vices of envy and hatred enter deep into our own natures.
Theodore Roosevelt
Old 08-23-2006, 09:40 AM
Freshman User

Locoster is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks, I tried emailing the Indiana bmv, but have not got an answer back. Guess I could phone them. They are probably locked onto government time. That is why I turned to the Ford Enthusiasts List. There is usually somone here with the right answer, right quick. Best darn list a Ford owner can belong to.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:31 PM
Elder User

gasman6674 is starting off with a positive reputation.
If your buying it from a dealer, They should give you a temp permit. If not Check with the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vechicles for one. They are having some computor problems so keep trying
Good Luck
2004 Escape Ltd FWD, 1996 F350 7.3L CCLB DRW,
On order 2015 F350 6.2L CCLB SRW
2012 Ridgeline by Yellowstone Fifth Wheel
Old 02-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Senior User

77monster is starting off with a positive reputation.
here in indiana you can purchase a 31 day temp tag just like the dealerships have from the bmv but as said before if ur buying from a dealer then he will suply one free of charge
seeing your freinds drool over them in your drive PRICELESS
Old 02-02-2007, 08:32 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Indiana Chapter

Tags
bmv, bmvindianatrailer, dealer, diesel, indiana, license, licensing, long, permit, requirements, rules, size, trailer, trailering, trailers