General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Arrest made in JonBenet Ramsey case

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 06:14 PM
78stepside429
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrest made in JonBenet Ramsey case

I just read that the authorities have made an arrest in the Ramsey case dating back close to 10 years. They caught the man in Thailand on an unrelated sex charge. I couldnt fathom losing a child and to lose your daughter in such a way makes it all the more tragic. My heart still goes out to the family and its unfortunate that her mother Pat couldnt have lived longer to have closure before her own death in June.
I hope that this will draw this case to an end and finally let the family move on with their lives. I hope that justice will be served and if it truly is the perpetrator, he will recieve nothing but the maximum sentence.

Mike

Old 08-16-2006, 06:24 PM
FirstTry
Posting Guru
you don't find that case a little odd? don't get me wrong, what happened was horrible, and may whoever did it be given a very suitably harsh punishment, but i have heard the theory about her parents being the culprits so many times and so much of the evidence also supports it that i have begun to wonder.

Old 08-16-2006, 07:34 PM
78stepside429
Senior User
Well FirstTry, I dont know the whole case nor do I claim to. But what I have seen is the media point the finger at the family. It wouldnt be the first time or the last. Look at the 96 Olympics when the media crucified Richard Jewell or Iraq where they make everything out to be awful and morally wrong. I would like to see some factual evidence to clear the family if they truly had nothing to do with it. I am sure we will hear a lot about it in the next few days.

Old 08-16-2006, 07:36 PM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Haven't heard this yet, should be interesting to follow.

Took them long enough...

Old 08-16-2006, 08:51 PM
bf250
Post Fiend
i am just wondering what the 2nd grade teacher and the sex charge he was eing held on is all about? i hope it has nothing to do with anything underage or there will be many more doors opening and affecting people on this one.

its good that they still are investigating and found a suspect, its a shame that the mother passed away before the case was ever solved.

Old 08-16-2006, 11:35 PM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
I wonder what they related to him from an unrelated case? Sure is amazing though.

Old 08-17-2006, 02:38 AM
oldgoat49
Elder User
Read on Yahoo that he admitted killing her and that it was a accident. However I guess his ex said that she was with him in another state at the time and that he didn't do it. Since they have DNA they should be able to determine if he did it or not though. Have wondered though what happened in Thailand though. I understood it to be a anything goes place.

Old 08-17-2006, 07:40 AM
jake00
FTE is my crack
he admitted killing her and that it was a accident
he only meant toi leave her near death?

Old 08-17-2006, 08:26 AM
ag-ford-4x4
Fleet Mechanic
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BS...that guy is lying. Looks like a free ticket home to the US though.

Old 08-17-2006, 09:36 AM
Patatoe1
Elder User
So, I go onto CNN.com and there is a video of this guy. Is he under arrest? There was a media circus around him and he was answering questions very nonchalantly answering what he wanted and then no comment to this or that.

He admitted to "accidentally killing" the poor girl.

Why is he being allowed to get air time for this?

Usually I don't get worked up about things, and I defiantly haven't yet on this site. Something about this is really starting to **** me off now though.

Old 08-17-2006, 10:26 AM
Flexfuel-Dave
Elder User
Originally Posted by RangerPilot
Haven't heard this yet, should be interesting to follow.

Took them long enough...
Agree 100%!

I never got the entire story including any of the real details.

This is what still bothers me- I'm still really confused how this whole thing could have happened w/o the parents having a clue.

Being a parent myself, I sleep very lightly. I’ve learned to know when my family members are moving around the house during the night.

High profile people such as the Ramsey’s don't live in normal houses. Usually their places are almost like a fortress. They have various types of systems that indicate when an intruder could be trying to enter or leave the house.

Old 08-17-2006, 10:55 AM
hawk
Posting Guru
get a rope!!!

Old 08-17-2006, 11:04 AM
CowboyBilly9Mile
Post Fiend
I'll tell ya what, I still have my eyes case on her parents at this point. More info needed and it will come with time.

*For you guys that were too young to have noticed this and/or remember, it's worth noting that during the investigation many years ago the police learned that the parents had "high expectations" for their daughter. They felt that their daughter wasn't "meeting expectations". Naturally, this caused the cops to focus their attention and suspicions on the parents, although they could never prove that their was blood on their paws.

Last edited by CowboyBilly9Mile; 08-17-2006 at 11:09 AM.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:39 AM
aerocolorado
Postmaster
Listening to the local news reports around here yesterday, it was reported that Patsy Ramsey had been advised prior to her death, that authorities were investigating this guy and had built a pretty good case on him. It's just a shame she did get to hear the actual confession of her daughter's killer.

Old 08-17-2006, 05:13 PM
Flash
Posting Guru
Before you guys hang this moron, take a good look at the media circus around him and his FULL co-operation. Seems more like a psycho looking for the media attention rather than a child killer. I think there will be a whole lot more come out about this before its over.

Quick Reply: Arrest made in JonBenet Ramsey case