2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Expedition Navigation system

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 10:34 AM
CarbonClear
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by seeyalater
Has anyone seen this before? They show a 2007 Nav Screen, but the website doesnt have much details.

http://www.tvandnav2go.com/ford-navigation-system.html
I checked with this company because the website info they have for the 2007 Expedition is a bit confusing. So I sent them and email and per my conversation with them. This is what I found out, on any model below a 2006 you can use a wire harness that they sell to activate the dvd function on the nav. Since Ford decided to get creative, any navigation on our 2007 and beyond requires the navigation unit to be removed and sent it up to them. Once they have the unit they then solder connections as they would provide with the wire harness. They told me they have a 24hour turnaround time to do this. The price was a ballpark in the mid $400.

Well I did some thinking and this wouldn't be a viable option for me to pursue. First this suv is my primary and I drive it using the nav. The second I'm not really keen on the idea of having someone solder connections on the nav unit more so of a warranty issue. I guess I need to keep looking

Hope this info helps one of you!

Old 08-06-2007, 12:15 PM
jujuman
New User
It'll void the warranty

I asked my guy here in town. He is very familiar with Nav2tv. He called. it will not work without opening the deck. It will void the warranty, and if there is a problem with the onboard computer it may affect the truck itself. He reccomended changing to an aftermarket or wait untill the backup camera/mirror comes out in the '08

It will work on the f-150s different setup I guess. It must be something with the deck because they had to go to the mirror for the backup camera. pretty expensive development tract if you could just intergrate it into the screen of the nav if it was a software issue. I don't think it will ever be available.

Jujuman

Old 08-06-2007, 02:38 PM
CarbonClear
Senior User
Originally Posted by jujuman
I asked my guy here in town. He is very familiar with Nav2tv. He called. it will not work without opening the deck. It will void the warranty, and if there is a problem with the onboard computer it may affect the truck itself. He reccomended changing to an aftermarket or wait untill the backup camera/mirror comes out in the '08

It will work on the f-150s different setup I guess. It must be something with the deck because they had to go to the mirror for the backup camera. pretty expensive development tract if you could just intergrate it into the screen of the nav if it was a software issue. I don't think it will ever be available.

Jujuman
yea I kinda figured it was the case when I talked to the guy. I know that when I was looking for the truck at my dealer. They gave me an option of either getting the nav from the factory or getting one from the dealer. This was a great idea at first to get the dvd to work with the factory nav, but if I'm going to replace it with an aftermarket it won't be worth the expense to me. I usually trade out of these suvs every four years for something new.

Old 08-07-2007, 10:16 AM
jujuman
New User
Nav2tv option

Here is the response fro NAV2TV

"that radio has to be sent in to mod. The mod for that car is $450. This
will give you 2 video inputs 1 for dvd and 1 for backup camera. Yes you
can tap the rear VES so whatever plays in the back plays in the front.
The backup camera is automatic when you put the car in reverse."

Well that will most suredly void the warranty,
I'll wait untill the backup mirror set up comes out. DVD to the Radio is not that important. This also does not address the Hack to allow full access while driving.

Jujuman

Old 08-07-2007, 12:37 PM
jujuman
New User
Rearview camera

Well the ford website has the 2008 limited el with a backup camera option 455
I called the parts guy at Ford $750 for the mirror alone. he suggested waiting a while for the "accessory kit" to come out as it has in the past for the electic compass. A little off topic but flows with the general design. No video throught the head unit.

On a side note it looks as SYNC is not going to be available on a nav based radio per the web demo

Jujuman

Old 06-03-2008, 11:42 AM
Jakew
New User
Need AVIC diagram

Can you email to me AVIC info at jerrywolfer@***.net for my 2007 Exp EL ? Thanks.