Computer Chips & Tuners  

Troyer Performance

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 10:15 AM
Troyer Performance
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Troyer Performance

Just some quick additional info for those of you who may not know exactly what we do...........

Here at Troyer Performance, we have specialized in the performance modification of the Ford F-series platform vehicles for 15+ years - longer than anyone else in the industry. We offer not only the simple bolt-on types of parts, but we also offer supercharger kits, such as the Roush supercharger for the 2004 & up 5.4 3V F-150's - we are a direct master distributor for all of Roush's products, so we can provide a modern day version of a Lightning-style 2004 & newer F_150, just for example.

We also offer supercharger kits for the 197-2003 F-150's as well with either the 4.6 or the 5.4 2V V8's, specializing in positive displacement superchargers for that instant, big-block torque feel.

We are probably best known for our custom tuning, but we also provide complete turn-key services, as we have many owners drop of or ship their vehicles to us, and have us modify them to whatever level of performance they desire - from engine to transmission, suspension, etc., if it involves performance, we pretty much handle it all.

For any questions, details, etc/, please feel free to cal us at our number listed below & our staff will be happy to assist you achieve your performance needs, whether it's the more typical daily driver & occasional tow vehicle, to the all-out drag racer, off-road machine, etc.

Old 07-28-2006, 07:02 PM
mrwake
Senior User
Troyer,
Ive been looking at your turners for quite some time now and it will be a when I have money modification. I have a 94 f250 5.8 351 w with a few small mods. But I was looking at your website today and saw that you had both single program and five program for my truck, am I correct? What type of gains would be typical with my truck. I guess you will be hearing from me when my money is together (16yo with lots of bills).
Thanks,
Rob

Old 08-03-2006, 09:50 AM
Troyer Performance
Former Vendor
Hi Rob,

With your truck being a pre-1996 model, meaning it's an OBD-I, you would need to use our "traditional" style performance chips, as opposed to a hand-held tuner that the 1996 & newer OBD-II vehicles can use.

And yes, we have them available in either single program (which I really don't recommend, not enough flexibility) as well as the 4-program chip. the 4-program chip actually allows access to 5 tunes, but one of them is your factory stock tune, and then it can hole up to 4 additional *custom tunes, just to be clear on that.

So yes, you are basically correct.

Just give us a call any time & we'll be happy to help!

Old 09-02-2006, 11:36 AM
FTL40
Senior User
anychance you could maybe give an idea of what your chips can do for a 2006 5.4 superduty with the 87 tune?

Frank

Old 09-04-2006, 12:07 PM
MarkMoore
Posting Guru
Troyer,
I have a SC 1715 that I used in my F150 and now I'm using it in my 01 Excursion (v10 4x4). When I first tuned the F150 for towing, you suggested that I up the 1-2 shift poit by 2 tics above the SC setting - does that hold true for the Ex as well? Also, are there any other "Troyer" tweaks that I should know for the Ex and SC 1715 tuner?

Thanks

Old 09-12-2006, 10:58 AM
Troyer Performance
Former Vendor
Hi FTL40,

Quite a bit, actually - those SuperDuty gas engine trucks have always gained more than even the light-duty trucks, due to their inability to go open loop from the factory - Ford does that in their attempt to give better fuel mileage when towing a heavy load up a grade, but most drivers towing a heavy load up a grade want the additional power more than another half a mile per gallon at heavy throttle. So we fix that along with all our other normal tuning changes, and enable them to go open loop at heavier throttle position as they should do, and as all other gas engine Ford vehicles generally do.

Typically you will see anywhere from 25-35+Hp at the rear wheels from our custom tuning for those trucks, just to give you a rough guideline for example, along with much better throttle response from the ETC (electronic throttle control) system, which really gives a "dead" gas pedal feel.

Our tuning will wake that vehicle up very nicely, along with giving it better driveability, much better shift characteristics in the automatic models, etc.

Please feel free to give us a call at our number listed below for more detail on this, we'll be happy to help!

Old 09-12-2006, 12:23 PM
BumperB
Senior User
I have an '06 F250 w/ the 5.4L. Just got off the phone with Crystal at Troyer. I ordered an Airraid intake, magnaflow si/so exhaust, and an xcal II with 3 custom tunes. I will let you guys know how it turns out. Of course this is going to be about a 2 month process. Be patient, I know I am trying to be!

Old 09-13-2006, 09:58 AM
Troyer Performance
Former Vendor
HI Bumper,

Actually, it will be much quicker than that from our end - the intake & exhaust can, if you lie, go out right away and be installed - the custom tunes will follow, about 3 weeks or so from the time we get your CPW's (custom program worksheets) back to us to the time we have those tunes done and are ready to send them out is the average right now, just to give you a rough idea. We do have a heavy workload due to the popularity of our custom tunes, but it's not going to be 2 months.

Thanks very much for your business, we greatly appreciate it, and you;ll love what it does for your truck!

Old 09-13-2006, 11:04 AM
BumperB
Senior User
TP,
You're right. My understanding is that some things have already been shipped. But I was considering the time it will take me for datalogging and getting that information back to you. I will try to keep everyone posted of the progress along the way. Crystal told me 4-5 weeks for the tunes after I get back to her. The sooner the better. My experience so far with Troyer has been great. Thanks again!

Old 09-21-2006, 10:37 PM
Peter94
Postmaster
I have a question, Are you able to tune my chip i bought from motorhaven? its a diablo delta 3 stage. I've had it custom tuned allready but i need to re-tune it. I'm going to get my truck dyno'd and have wideband 02 readout on it so i can get the chip really dialed in. Its a long story....But i need to know where to send the chip to, you or motorhaven.

Old 11-03-2006, 11:12 AM
taylorjs
Freshman User
BumperB,

Have you installed the tuner yet? Was just curious on your progress and thoughts?

Thanks,
Jeff

Old 11-03-2006, 01:14 PM
BumperB
Senior User
Yes I installed it a few weeks ago. Look in the Super Duty forum and you should get some more information. Do a search for my posts. Bottom line is it definitely helped. Offered the best bang for my buck over the exhaust and intake. I am scheduled to go to Troyers to dyno my truck on 11/11. I will post the results of what I actually gained when I get back. Stay tuned.

Old 11-13-2006, 08:00 PM
hodgekuter
Senior User
Do you have a programmer that will help my "hunting" TorqueShift, '05 F250 4X4 diesel. It hunts alot when in or out of cruise and when coming out of a moderate "coast" condition, similar to a downgrade from an overpasss on interstate.

Thanks
Bill in KY

Old 11-17-2006, 11:15 AM
currituckF150
Senior User
Troyer, are you located in Roanoke, VA?

Old 12-03-2006, 06:42 PM
sewerat
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i am thinking i need to get intouch with troyer and find out what i need for my new ex v10

Quick Reply: Troyer Performance