General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

County Planning&Zoning woes (long)

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 11:50 PM
VikingBabe
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
County Planning&Zoning woes (long)

Zoning violation complaint made by an out of state arseshat jerk to our county "Community Development" Department (i.e. "Planning&Zoning") about us. Please bear with me, guys. I just bet some you had some run ins with yours too.

Four weeks ago, we got a letter from our county "Community Development" (i.e. "Planning & Zoning") saying we were in violation by having too much "junk" on our property (inoperable vehicles, tires, scrap metal, piles of wood, multiple dwellings/RVs/Trailers (used a dwellings) that did not conform with present P&Z regulations that were adopted in 1996 (with updates 2003 and 2005). Up til then my county (La Paz) did not have any Zoning regs of their own and went by whatever previous ones used before it split back in 1983 from Yuma County. All to be cleaned up and removed within four weeks.....In the middle of the Summer heat no less.

This on the same day my husband, Kirby, just got his truck back working in proper condition from his mechanic after 2 1/2 years of trying to get it to run right after an engine swap (a whole other saga) by another one.

Kirby went to the P&Z office the same day he got the paper to find out what was going on. There had been NO complaints in the past by our neighbors about anything. What mobile homes and trailers we have were perfectly legal under the older ordinances and "grandfathered" anyway....or so we thought.

This is how it started. A complaint was made by a someone who did NOT live in my county. Never been in my county or state. Was NOT a neighbor. Neither local or snowbird against us. This guy was just after his wife who ran away from him with the young kids in tow. He is a nutcase that abused her and the kids (my youngest goes to school with the kids) while back in NC. She has found a new life here and started divorce proceedings against him. But he has been harassing her ever since by calling all the different departments down on her. DPS, Sheriff office, Child protection, the School ....they all found his alligations false.

From past paperwork, this jerk had an idea where she now lived. Went to Google or MSN satellite Maps and found an B&W arieal view of the general desert area (about 8 years old from what I have seen of the view and knowing what has been built since) and thought our place was "IT". Kirby got this guy's name/address through the Freedom of information Act. The inspector thought this guy was a neighbor or "snowbird" until he saw the address (.....yeah, riiight....or "maybe").

Kirby called this guy after we got home to ask why was he doing all this? We didnt know him nor did he know us. The jerk asked if we were "such and such" (name of the other property owner his wife/kids was staying at) and If she was living there with us. "No, the guy lives in another area" my husband said. "Then why do you have a messy place and dont call me again" and the SOB hung up on my husband.

YOu cant see anything from those B&W overhead photos on either site that show our 5 acres. Just barely enough to see there are any dwellings or mobile homes and some sheds in the dark shadows caused by all the Palo Verde trees, mesquite trees, creosote bushes. The shop roof and all homes have dark tops. Our animal pens have shades and trees there too. (we have small livestock like Nigerian Dwarf goats, a few chickens, pea***** and geese.) Because our place looks more "lived on" compared to what few places shown in the "overhead". Widely scattered are single mobile homes or a small house. One or two sheds (if they have any.... and no animals. Locals or retired. Our closest neighbor is a hundred yards from us and the rest are nearly a quarter mile away or more with nothing inbetween but creosote brush, cactus and open space.

Kirby called back to the Burlington NC Sheriff's department back there to tell them what had happened and why. The officer agreed this was total harassment on the guy's part and if Kirby could fly out there, swear out a complaint for a warrant. But there in no way we can do that, so the deputy did say he would go talk to the guy. Apparently he did because our P&Z has not heard from the jerk since. Later, the inspector did some checking around on his own after we told him about this guy (he was aghast at the child abuse..being a father himself) Found our story about what this guy was doing was true (calling other departments to go after his wife).

The inspector....and for his sake he was trying to be helpful....told us this guy had called the office every week, or more, for two months. At first, the inspector ignored it but figured if his superior got wind of this, his job would be in jeapardy (inspectors are appointed) So went out and took several photos outside of our fenceline and from our neighbors next to the state highway. So, from what he saw...and surmised.....we were in violation although we are zoned "RA" (Rural Agricultural) and allowed quite abit of leeway. But.....

Ok. My husband explained what were in the photos and told him he was an blacksmith artist who had various "scrap metal" for his work. The piles of Coal was USED in his work and most all the vehicles did work. Belonged to us or our son who works as a county park ranger. That we have living here for over 25 years. What mobile homes are seen are lived in by the family. The RVs, Kirby traded for...for our kids and a couple of old trucks (67 Chevy and 56 Dodge) were given to our son before "grandpa" died (He had just gotten the gaskets and a head to replace the cracked one) the Dodge still runs but Kirby's father did not want to drive it anymore after parking it. He and his wife used to drive all over the place in it. Drove her to the local hospital where she was airlifted to Yuma Regional and died there after a month of intensive fighting this infection with strong antibiotics.

It had been sitting in that same spot since 1981. When the mobile car crusher came to pick up the vehicles we had to let go, he carefully picked it up and to place next to the 67 Chevy for our son.

The "garage" (originally listed under the presplit regs) is his artist blacksmith shop. At first Kirby was told we could not have a "walk in" business....but we dont. It's all "home" business and internet only. The piles of wood were railroad ties (whole and pieces) that were dumped there a few months back but had not restacked them yet.

So, the inspector told us to stack the ties (too expensive to throw away and too useful!) With all our heat (dry and monsoon) right now, I have been digging through those piles in the late afternoons restacking the ties/pieces myself by hand. Sort of like going back to lifting weights in the gym.

Being an artist puts you in a different catagory in most people's minds. Being over 65 with a few health problems too (Senior Citizens have power too). So he said: "Scrap metal, piles of coal" = "Business Assets" he said. Made a few other helpful suggestions too. But for the last four weeks, Kirby has done little in the shop and is under alot of worry and stress. Friends have helped with advice and, with their help one weekend, did manage to get some stuff cleared. But it is still only four of us trying our best...on our own.

We found out from a friend, Kirby's homebuilt WW2 "Six wheeled car" (made in the early 60s from two Mercurys with a Flathead V8. (The chain driven rear setup was his own invention) Patterned it after a White Scout Car and was getting the parts to restore it. This and the 1942 Chevy GI Truck Deuce are "Novelty"/Collectables". "No problem" the inspector said. Otherwise, put a nonviewing 6-8 barrier that you want hide anything else from the road and highway. If we could hold up until the next community cleanup, (knows our son who helped with the cleanup last time) he would have a 40 ft container set nearby so the old tires and any stuff we could not take to the county dump right now. (The county dump is privately run and charges $115 per ton for any scrap junk to be deposted. Including $3 per tire and $10 for any sofas et.c......a racket.)

BUT there was no "Grandfather Clause" when Kirby asked him about this. When given copies of the photos, he included a few pages showing what "RA" Zoning did allow and told my husband the county "Zoning Regulations" book did not apply otherwise.

Old 07-13-2006, 11:50 PM
VikingBabe
Posting Guru
There is most certainly IS. I found it in their own Zoning Regs book that I TOLD Kirby to buy the following day, so I could look through it. "Legal Non-Comforming" is what it is called. Meaning anything that was legal and conformed to all previous zoning ordinances before the formal adoption of the county's first regs in 1996 (and any admendments since) but may not conform to present zoning regulations.... are still legal. Meaning any extra buildings, mobile homes, perminently placed "RVs" used as residence by family or sheds that were legal back then...still are. (presently, RA-5 only allows one family per unit. You cannot have more than one unit for a residence unless having Special use permit.) Under Yuma County zoning and up until 1996 for La Paz, it was still legal. "Grandfathered". A case of a department officer not knowing his, or her, own Zoning regulations thoroughly.

We were lucky, though. First Kirby goes in to talk to enforcing officer/inspector to explain what is seen and find out THIS is the Good Guy of the pair. We have been keeping in contact and trying to do as much as possible. Considering the heat, the worry and the stress compounding Kirby's present state of mind and health. (chest cold and Type 2 diabetic)

The inspector will be coming out tomorrow (deadline date) to see what has been done.

All this because some our of state mental case arseshat.

P.S.

There are two P&Z inspectors for this county. Fortunately, we got the good guy. The other has been banned from this district because of her highhanded ways and conduct. She uses what she "knows" to bully her way around people while "investigating". A few have put her "to rights" by knowing more than she did and pointing it out.

Ignorance of what is written diminishes your rights and your case. Gives them a sense of power over you. So, Knowledge is power. Knowing how to use it wisely gives you power over their ignorance. Puts them in their place.

Thanks for listening, all of you.

Old 07-14-2006, 12:42 AM
Howdy
Posting Guru
No, Thank you! Great story. I don't know what I find more outragious, some stalker in NC getting the wrong number or how the dump there charges you for $crap $teel.
Hope things end with a happy ending. (Bet OR has more pull with AZ than NC does.)

What a hobby - Google earth looking for zone violations in your spare time. What's next?

Old 07-14-2006, 01:26 AM
ericsmith32
Elder User
I hope everything turns out good for you... sounds like it will. Gives me hope in my case. We just got a complaint that we had to much junk and the gate needed fixed. The gate needed to be fixed that wasn't a problem. They only gave me a week and half to fix it though. I work, go to school and planning a wedding so i've gotten got half of it done. The junk they told me anything that belonged in a shed should be, we don't have one and we're not buying one. My place is fairfully clean mowers, extra boards garden tools etc, nothing excessive. If they tell me I still have junk i'm getting a lawyer and fighting because unless they could see it from the street I didn't give them permission to go back there. We're moving to the country in december but it sounds like thats not safe anymore either. I don't know if it was a routine inspection but the whole block is ticked.. at me I think. I didn't call them either. Anyways I didn't want to jack your thread.. but good luck.

Old 07-14-2006, 01:35 AM
donjamer
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts
I can see if one of your abutting neighbors filed a complaint, but some jerk in another state. That is ridculous...

The homeowner should not need to comply if someone who doesn't live there is complaining.

Here in MA it is the same thing..anyone can complain and they will act on it..

The way to stop it is to have them sign a written complaint. This idea of annonymous complaints should not be tolerated.

We have a right to face our accusers.

I would love to see this jerks yard. I am sure he is not compliant.

Maybe some FTE people in NC can look him up and file a complaint. Give him a taste of his own bull.

Old 07-14-2006, 03:54 AM
VikingBabe
Posting Guru
No, you didnt "jack" my thread. I figured some of you have had problems similar to this. I dont think all rural areas are being hit like this. Just our county has a "Comprehensive Plan" that it is required to have and want to follow to broaden it's base. It reads well enough and sounds good. But, I wonder.

We are very rural with very little industry other than service/government, agricultural and recreational. Causing a "leakage" to Mohave, Maricopa and Yuma counties for employment. Or to California. But then, those residents have been coming here to live and get away from "There" (that's fine as long as they leave their "Kalifornia" ways behind.) Some come here with a decided "uppity attitude" along with their huge homes being built (bet some will get a heart attack from reading their first APS power bill after using all that A/C to cool them down in Summer) Not that they dont look bad...some are nice. Just not well thought out for our desert temps here.

Most of the county is still held by BLM with the rest by the State, Military, Reservation and the like. Not a lot is held in private lands and there are only two incorporated communities (Parker in 1948 and our county seat....Quartzsite in 1989 and still going through problems) The rest are small unincorporated ....and likely to remain so considering the hijinks Quartzsite went through as any example to go by.

Up until a few years ago, land development has been rather sparse. Outside of Bouse, most live in very rural on 5 acres or larger. Wildcat housing development has been discouraged after seeing what's happened in other counties (like Maricopa) La Paz wants to keep some control over density growth. So, splitting large acreage into not much lower than "Five Acre Ranchettes" has been encouraged right now (according to the plan). But some people are buying land to make smaller 1 to 3 acre lots. These are being kept only in certain areas though. But in the last few years, as more people are coming in. With development increasing in the last three and home building in general, this what's affecting some of the long time locals.

What used could be bought for $200 a acre (or less) for large parcels is now well over $1000. $65, 000 for what used to be a fraction a few years ago. I hate to think what ours would cost now if we bought it.... compared to what we original paid for it. It was completely undeveloped and without power/water back in 1978. We paid about $7000 total then for 9 1/2 acres with a partner to be split after the final payment. My mother gave us the $200 earnest money and our partner borrowed to pay the downpayment of $1500. We paid off the rest owed ($5000) before the five years were up (I think it was in late 1981) But, like I said...that was for 9 1/2 acres back then. The split was in half and at 4.7 acres, ours is considered RA 5 (Rural Agriculture 5 acre). Kirby was told by a local real Estate agent, ours was worth $65, 000 being so close to the state highway. All the buildings, sheds, and like werent worth much. What was valuable was our power, the well and septic tank along with the acreage. But we are not selling. This was our future and our kids too.

Land was very cheap here and remained so for decades. Oh, we thought about buying more and were upset when the partner decided to sell his half without telling us. At least we managed to find a couple to sell the land to and have been good neighbors for years. But now, they are having to sell it to cover some medical costs and asking $50, 000. All it has is a well and power since they never got the chance to do more. Someone will eventually buy it. They are going to have to put up with hearing hammering from a blacksmith shop at all hours of the night though. But then, the idea of living next to a historical swordsmith/artist might just tickle their fancy.

There has been a silver lining to all this so far. The day after getting the notice (and talking to the inspector), Kirby was still depressed. Didnt get much sleep. So he called a friend, he knew, that had a frontloader and truck that might help. Turned out he was in Prescott with family but who told him about other oldtime locals who were getting riled up over visits by the other inspector over similar zoning problems. This inspector knew less than ours and was a bully to boot. So we found we were not alone and that got Kirby's spirits up. At least to realize he was not the only one singled out....just the unique circumstance made it so in our case. The others were being affected for other reasons (i.e. "new neighbors" ...) Others were cited for seemingly little reasons (in one case, some alleys were closed off and an owner found himself cut off. Another lost some land for the same reason)

A couple proved, in the Arizona State Superior Court... there was such a thing as a "Grandfather Clause" and there was nothing the county could do. Unless you didnt know.

Any way, this one friend, he told Kirby, had a yard full of antique/classic cars in various stages of condition. From just parts to fully restored. Although he had managed to put up a berm around one part of the property (40 acres split by the Salome Road). The other side still had some damage items and cars just put where ever it could after a big flood hit a few years back.

He had a big shed with 32 "turn key" cars that was hit by flood waters and pushed 27 of them into a wash. (whether restored by him or in just good enough condition that all you had to do was "turn the key" and it ran just fine) Ruined many of them but they did managed to clean a few back to running condition and stored in another shop. Some were still needed more thorough cleaning but just had to wait until he felt better (had open heart surgery 5 months ago.) Some that had been cleaned were a couple of 1931 Cadillac sedans with V16 engines (one was used in an original "Charlie's Angels" episode with Cheryl Ladd) 1936 Cream&Brown LaSalle, a couple of 30s Ford Roadsters, 1957 BelAire (Turquiose&White), Auburn and more from the 30s and 40s. His family spent 12 years getting these together and his inventory laid out to advertise outside of the "Word of Mouth" that has kept him going so far. FEMA assessed the evaluation at 2 1/2 million dollar loss.

Anyway, this other inspector came onto that property with the cars that they had pulled out but not gotten to, awhile back, with a deputy without the owner's permission. Tried to to stick a bunch of violations on him for all the "junk cars", some buses and mining equipment (one of his helpers pointed out one piece of "rusted" Mining equipment and told her ....you buy that new: $35,000 and it still worked. "Oh, I didnt know that" was her reply he said.....Sheesh!) His helper later got a "Junk Yard" permit to keep her "happy" and stay off.

We went to see this fellow and it turned out Kirby knew him as a 12 year. For years, we would go by his place in Salome, see the old antiques/classics from the road at his shop along State highway 60. The same when taking the Salome Road to I-10. Never realizing Kirby knew the owner from the early 60s when he hung around Kirby's forge while living in Ehrenberg. Just lost track. I asked him how he started collecting. He told me whe he turned 16, his mother told him "he might want to collect some of those old cars around the area. Might be worth something someday". That started his love affair with old classics/antiques to save and restore some. To have a "Salvage Yard of Dreams" for those wanting a body or parts for a "ragrod/hotrod" or to restore one themselves.

Our 24 year old son loves old WW2 airplanes (his favorite is the P 38 Lightening) and this crosses over into the cars too. So, the owner let him sit in the seat of a 1931 Maroon Cadillac Sedan V16 and turn the key. My son said it just "purred" in idle. The two hit it off quickly as the owner was so glad to find a young man his age liking the old stuff like this. His own sons were not that interested. Turned out, our son went to the same high school as his youngest.

The owner's name is Frank Parkerson and his place is called "Antique Parts Company". He is a Ford lover and there are all kinds of Ford classic vehicles there....but others too. If you send me a PM, I can give more info on how to get ahold of him.

Anyway, we met others who had more ammunition against the county trying to push more than they should. I am sure other states and counties are more "let live" depending on their supervisors attitudes. Also their Zoning regulations. But this also depends on where you live. Maricopa County and the Greater Phoenix area is growing by leaps and a mess. Alot of people moved out here to get away from all that and dont want it to happen here. La Paz County has a reputation of still having "Yahoo Justice" about this....that's fine with me. It means more are willing to stand up.

Together.

Oh, and I can find his place the same way he found ours. Newer map and in color too. Just cant see much, though.....too many trees.

Last edited by VikingBabe; 07-14-2006 at 04:09 AM.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:22 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Who do we know in North Carolina?

With a camera, preferably...

Anyone that would go to that length to do something that isn't even right has got to have something going on that they don't want to be made public.

Old 07-15-2006, 07:38 PM
VikingBabe
Posting Guru
Update.

1. The inspector was unable to come out Friday (July 14). His truck was acting up and had to go somewhere else that day. Didnt think there was time to do that and come out too.

However, since we have been keeping him informed of our progress on a regular basis. The carcrusher came in to say he pulled 9 cars from our place. The former head of P&Z told him we were good upstanding citizens. (AND the inspector did some checking on his own, to find this arseshat had been calling other departments on his wife/kids.) He has written a nice letter for the records to state we have been keeping him informed and complying so far. We should be getting a copy Monday or Tuesday at the latest.
Then He told Kirby not to worry and to get back into the shop.

He goes to RennFaires with his family and visited our website to see what we do. His 9 year old son "just LOVES all the decorated swords and stuff" the inspector said. We told him about Society for Creative Anachronism and their events he could go to ( like the huge "Estrella War" in February) A history reenactment group with more activity and more historical periods represented than a RennFaire. He liked that. (Whew)

2. He will be coming out this coming week, for sure, to see what has been done.

3. By the way, that "July 14" deadline date on the "violation/tracking notice" is an "intention to contact the office to comply by" he told us. Not necessarily a "you had better get it done by then.... or else" (get a citation of non compliance.) Gee, now he tells us. Kirby and I have been running ragged trying to get as much done before that deadline because of the assumption of "Four Weeks...or else".

The way it is printed, says: "Date by which The Violation Must Be Corrected To Avoid The Issuance Of A Citation: 7-14-06" And was written out "6-14-06" and we got it the next day. By any other reading, it meant we had four weeks...period. Well, good thing Kirby decided to check with the P&Z so soon and talked to the inspector.

There is still stuff we are unable to get rid of at the moment. I guess we could wait until the next community cleanup (December/January) for the inspector to follow through with his promise. But Kirby is seriously considering renting one of those 40 foot dumpsters from Blythe to be brought out here before then and taken away. For what it would cost to do this, it is cheaper than hauling the limited few loads on our flatbed trailer and paying the tonnage fees at the county dump.

In the end, even if he finds we are far enough along to be written off as in full compliance ("Grandfathered and all") His superior still has to "ok" it. We met HIM this past Thursday at a community meeting. Seems a good sort but only been here for five months. So, until then.......

Sheesh.

Last edited by VikingBabe; 07-15-2006 at 07:47 PM.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:46 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I went through something like this in Tipton Tennessee. Seems there was somebody that went whole hog with junk cars, trucks, RV's, trailers, and who knows what all out near where I'm at. When they came after him, he immediately pointed the finger at everyone else A-LA "Then what about them? And what about them? Etc, etc..."

That fella has about four acres of them running all down through the woods on his place, I just had a couple left by people taking advantage of my property. But it worked in my favor - I really was being taken advantage of, and I made about $350 at a metal scrap yard into the bargain even splitting it with a buddy whose truck and trailer we used. WHICH YOU OUGHT TO LOOK INTO...

The going rate at the time was $5 per hundred pounds, NO household trash in them, NO tires (pull them off when the "JAWS" pick up the car from the trailer) and NO gas tanks (Cut the straps or unbolt them, then cut the hoses). The price often goes up to $7 per hundred, and loose metal like old engine blocks, axles, etc can be loaded into them for more weight. It comes to $150 per vehicle or more, which more than makes up for the gas to haul them.

I also found that the "You WILL by THIS DATE" was nothing more than a scare tactic - once I called they worked with me. In fact, they gave me more than two months of extensions because it was just me here, and the weather turned sloppy. They also were willing to turn a blind eye to both project vehicles (including parts vehicles) and anything classic or collectable. It turned out the man in charge collects MG's and other sports cars!

Another note was that the vehicles had to "Run", but not necessarily drive or be registered. That was another loophole - and the more I talked to them, the more loopholes they told me about...

Nice folks. And I don't have to look at my estranged wifes or my stepsons derelict clunkers anymore. They didn't know a worthwhile car or truck from a Yugo in the first place...

I wish I had piped up sooner - people who "haul away your junk cars for free" are making a pile of money that you could easily line your own pockets with. If you gave them nine cars I tell you what - in Tennessee you could have made almost $1,400 doing it yourself with nothing more than a car trailer which you could have borrowed from a friend if need be (I did!). If you have more cars or scrap metal that needs to go: STOP GIVING AWAY MONEY!!!

Put it in your own pockets where it belongs! There is a reason why every Manny Moe and Jack with a car trailer has an ad in the paper to do that, it's easy money. Most of them don't represent scrapyards either, they sell to them - cash on the barrelhead. Auto Salvage yards are another story, tow a wreck to them only if you want to trade it for something else that THEY have. NOT for cash, they'll give you less than the scrap price just to hedge their own bets.

In Tipton County right now, there are people making their entire living TAX FREE by hauling away cars as scrap, especially now that a big fuss has been made to get rid of cars that are on private property...

Last edited by Greywolf; 07-15-2006 at 10:18 PM.
Old 07-16-2006, 03:03 AM
VikingBabe
Posting Guru
Yeah, I know about all that.

There is a proposed Scrap yard/crusher business in the works to be built just a few miles from us. This would have been the place to take the vehicles to sell. But it is on the dockett for the Board of Supervisors/Community Development to approve of.

There used to be a big scrap yard in Parker with an annex in Bouse but the owner retired (in his 90s) When the steel prices started going up in 2004, he sold off a large chunk of it to retire with. Kirby did managed to get several car springs (singles and racks) for his pile before the scrappers was haulled the axles to Mexico. That place is closed now except his son's repair shop in Parker.

There is a tow truck service with a yard but it's not a "junk car" yard. Although he did haul cars for free at one time, doesnt anymore. He gave us the number of the carcrusher, out of Cochella Valley CA, who would come out to take ours. But then we thought we had only a short time to get rid of them. So selling them as scrap did not enter the picture.

A few could have been taken somewhere with a car dolley, I guess. But others did not have anything under them and we do not have a loader to pile them on a trailer. The one friend who could initially have done this in was away on a visit. And it was after the fact, when we found out about Salome antique/classic car collector. Now he did have a front loader big enough with a trailer and would have taken them.

So, yeah, we lost money on that deal.

I also found that the "You WILL by THIS DATE" was nothing more than a scare tactic - once I called they worked with me. In fact, they gave me more than two months of extensions because it was just me here, and the weather turned sloppy. They also were willing to turn a blind eye to both project vehicles (including parts vehicles) and anything classic or collectable. It turned out the man in charge collects MG's and other sports cars!
Oh yes, getting to know your Zoning inspector, and to be on good terms overall, is a very good thing.

As I read through the Zoning Regs, though, I did find a few loopholes...most importantly, the "Legal NonComforming" clause ("Grandfathered"). During Kirby's conversations, he learned a few more or at least got some suggestions to work with.

There is such a thing as being "car poor" and we were ....with too many for variety of reasons. Either ourselves or those used to owned by his father. So what was left are still used (whether by me, Kirby or our son) or to be restored.

So, as long as a vehicle can still be registered, it is not a "Junk car/truck" or whathaveyou. So, what has been left to lapse...for now...will get tags. The one motorless bus used as a shed....just take the wheels off and repaint it to look better. As in your case, he recognized the "novelties/collectables" as being fine.

Our son and daughter's seperate "rooms" are either grandfathered or is hidden now (as suggested). Our own main trailer has become too small for everyone to live together "under one roof" for quite some time. Kirby's dad's trailer, and area we let him use, would be considered a second "single dwelling" on the same property. Allowed until 1996 since this is a family circumstance and not rental. Now it's "use under appeal" to the board (which you may not get). Or get our place rezoned which means all our livestock allowed under "RA" would have had to go.

I am sure there will be extensions. The rest will be taken care of as time goes on. Just pushed a heck of alot faster than we previously planned. But at least, Kirby feels less stressed enough to get back into the shop again without much worrying.

It's just the circumstances started by arseshat that are so infuriating.

Old 07-16-2006, 05:17 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
...and so we return to the original problem.

It is entirely possible that someone in the North Carolina chapter might be able to (without anything illegal, or verging on stalking) find out a thing or two about the scatarse that originally caused all of this, such that he could become occupied with his own troubles in return for the non-favor done to other people that he did not even know.

Evidently the man has way too much time on his hands. Perhaps a suitable project can be found - such as cleaning up his own property! It might also turn out to be someone "chemically enhanced" in which case a bit of attention from local authorities could be in order.

No such deed should go unpunished.

Old 07-16-2006, 08:32 PM
jake00
FTE is my crack
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
your son works for the same county that you're haveing problems with?

Old 07-17-2006, 12:18 AM
VikingBabe
Posting Guru
My son works for the County Parks and Recreational Department. He works mainly at the main one on the Colorado River. The department is also involved with annual Community Cleanup out here. That is where my son met the inspector during the last one here. The dumpsters are hauled out to a central place by the Public Works with it over seen by both Parks and Community Development. A way for people to get rid of stuff they would normally have problems doing so otherwise without any fees.

Our county is large but the amount of county workers are not many. It's hard to get a county job as there are so few opennings. In our son's case, the parks department head has lived in Bouse for years and knew him while growing up and going to school.

We dont have a problem with the county, per se.

Old 07-17-2006, 02:32 AM
VikingBabe
Posting Guru
Had to leave before the "Edit" time was up. So to Jake:

A "battle" with the county? Not as bad as some, we have since found out. Just thanking my lucky stars we got this inspector and instead of the other one who has been making as many enemies as she has.

Our real beef is with arseshat, of course. If anyone finds any excrement throw him into....good. Be glad to send the particulars through PM.

By the way, my son says all the trucks used by the Park are Fords. They get them after the Public Works gets done driving the heck out of them. Then the Parks fixes them up and drives them some more.

Old 07-17-2006, 01:27 PM
jake00
FTE is my crack
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What I'm saying is, I'm suprised your son cant make the "violations" dissapear.

Quick Reply: County Planning&Zoning woes (long)