Is this the right chip?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 12:40 PM
NMRider
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this the right chip?

Hello all,

Is the 6 pos chip that everyone refers to the DP tuner fron Jody the TS chip listed on the DPPI website? If not can some tell me what it is please?

thanks,
James

Old 06-12-2006, 12:48 PM
PSNut
Postmaster
Originally Posted by NMRider
Hello all,

Is the 6 pos chip that everyone refers to the DP tuner fron Jody the TS chip listed on the DPPI website? If not can some tell me what it is please?

thanks,
James
Nope . The only thing in common is the "6 position switch". Jody's tunes are his own patented tunes and the TS tunes are written by someone else.
Nut

Old 06-12-2006, 01:08 PM
NMRider
Freshman User
Nut,

Is that Jody at DPPI? If so, Do I just call DPPI and ask for Jody?

Thanks

Old 06-12-2006, 01:12 PM
PSNut
Postmaster
Nut,

Is that Jody at DPPI? If so, Do I just call DPPI and ask for Jody?

Thanks
Click HERE for THE man on 7.3 tuning.

Old 06-12-2006, 03:40 PM
jtharvey
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jody has his own company, DP-Tuner. Contact him directly with the link that Nut posted above. You will not be disappointed by the performance of his tunes.

Flip chips, 6 position chips, 4 position chips, etc are all generic names for the chip. They could come from anyone if just called by that name, and there are a bunch of people out there who sell chips. But, the programs on the chip, the "burn" of the chip is different for all of them. That burn is what makes each one unique.

Old 06-12-2006, 03:59 PM
aklim
Lead Driver

Received 242 Likes on 187 Posts
You will be spending a lot more money after talking to Jody tho. You will find one reason after another to "improve" the truck till you are broke, sell your kids, etc, etc. I haven't because I have no kids to sell. His tunes are addictive. A week after I got my PCM reflashed by him I was thinking of a 6 pos chip. That plan was interrupted because my trans took a dive. Before then it was the BTS VB and 4 in exhaust. Who knows what it next? Bigger turbo or intercooler? Bigger engine?

Old 06-12-2006, 04:19 PM
NMRider
Freshman User
Thanks Nut and JT,

Placed my order!

JT, wired up your exh brake/tc lock while camping this weekend just need to install it. Have a question about the PCM/EBPV connections, on the diagram you show them connected but in your pics you are connected straight to the EBPV connector and tapped into the TC (purple w/yellow) connector. Is this all I need to do as well?

Old 06-12-2006, 04:43 PM
PSNut
Postmaster
Thanks Nut and JT,

Placed my order!
NM...please get a picture of the look on your face after you mash the
GO pedal with one of Jody's tunes. Would love to see it!
Nut

Old 06-12-2006, 04:47 PM
aklim
Lead Driver

Originally Posted by PSNut
NM...please get a picture of the look on your face after you mash the
GO pedal with one of Jody's tunes. Would love to see it!
Nut
I smile quietly lest the wife think I did this all for power. Officially, I am doing it because the truck needs it. Slush shifting is bad for the trans therefore the BTS VB goes in. Well, best take care of the shifting altogether so DP-Tuner chip is needed too. Hmmmm, The trans broke. OK, BTS trans goes in. All in the name of maintenance and not to make a toy of the truck.

Old 06-12-2006, 06:21 PM
jtharvey
Lead Driver
Thanks Nut and JT,

Placed my order!

JT, wired up your exh brake/tc lock while camping this weekend just need to install it. Have a question about the PCM/EBPV connections, on the diagram you show them connected but in your pics you are connected straight to the EBPV connector and tapped into the TC (purple w/yellow) connector. Is this all I need to do as well?
You're gonna love that chip!! Glad to help.

I have complete manual control over my EBPV. It is not connected to the PCM at all. I just show it in my diagram, in case someone wants to leave the factory function of it hooked up, hence the need for the diodes. Also, there are no diodes in my EBPV wires, as I have it wired up, as there isn't a need for them with it not being connected to the PCM.

As for the TC lock, it's not just tapped into the puple w/yellow wire. You actually have to cut that wire and run it from the PCM through the relay, then back to the other half of the wire you cut which will go to the TC.

Old 06-13-2006, 06:29 PM
NMRider
Freshman User
Yeah, I already have the fever just need the wallet to go with it!!! I have been lurking around this site for a while now but never needed to post anything, you guys are great at answering questions. All I have to say is thanks to Al Gore for the internet!!!!

Old 06-13-2006, 09:26 PM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
Yeah, he's one of my favorite Tennesseans. A real man to be proud of. If he had his way, all of our trucks would be in a crusher due to their affects on the already alarming global warming crisis. Perhaps it's due to his excessive oxygen consumption and alarming CO2 emissions during his rants.

Old 06-14-2006, 04:31 AM
NMRider
Freshman User
I just can't believe all the things he did for us, what in the world did we do before he came along, and I won't even get into my Tipper rant!

But on a serious note, I appreciate everyones responses here and the friendly atmosphere. Even when newbs ask the same old questions the responses are usually pretty civil compared to other forums I've been on.

Old 06-14-2006, 09:20 AM
jtharvey
Lead Driver
.... the responses are usually pretty civil compared to other forums I've been on.
That has been what's kept me coming back to FTE.

Old 06-14-2006, 09:27 AM
aklim
Lead Driver

I just can't believe all the things he did for us, what in the world did we do before he came along, and I won't even get into my Tipper rant!

But on a serious note, I appreciate everyones responses here and the friendly atmosphere. Even when newbs ask the same old questions the responses are usually pretty civil compared to other forums I've been on.
Ok. So maybe he didn't invent the internet but you gotta admit, she is the best looking VP's wife we have had in a long time.

Quick Reply: Is this the right chip?