tune?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 02:30 PM
f150 Man
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tune?

what program should i use if i get a supercharger, i goin with the roush or the whipple? tune program? any ideas

Old 05-08-2006, 03:08 PM
Lone_Star
Junior User
Mr. F150 man,

I don't know how you are going to get a Roush or Whipple SC kit for under $3000 new. I work for Trilogy Motorsports and we offer a kit for the F150. We have produced 383 rwhp and 434 rwtrq. We offer a 4yr/48000 mile warranty on the kit contents and we will beat any comparable kit by $100. Whipple has a 99 mph speed limiter so you will have to get it retuned, and I believe the Roush kit is pretty pricey. Our kit is $5,199. Good luck and just thought I would throw our name into the ring for your consideration.

Scott

Old 05-08-2006, 07:52 PM
f150 Man
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Lone_Star
Mr. F150 man,

I don't know how you are going to get a Roush or Whipple SC kit for under $3000 new. I work for Trilogy Motorsports and we offer a kit for the F150. We have produced 383 rwhp and 434 rwtrq. We offer a 4yr/48000 mile warranty on the kit contents and we will beat any comparable kit by $100. Whipple has a 99 mph speed limiter so you will have to get it retuned, and I believe the Roush kit is pretty pricey. Our kit is $5,199. Good luck and just thought I would throw our name into the ring for your consideration.

Scott
what is the name of ur kit, do u have a website or anything i can read. thanks

Old 05-09-2006, 08:00 AM
ROUSH_Chris
FTE Sponsor
Lone_Star keeps Hyping his warranty and price on the trilogy kit. I work for Roush Performance and The Roush kit is better engineered, offers a better warranty and better price for a complete kit. Our warranty is 3yr/36000miles and covers the entire Drivetrain. Trilogy only covers the components it installs anybody can do that. If you have a good kit warranty everything. The Roushcharger is intercolled and Increases HP by 145 and Torque by 143. The price is $5,899 and if you dont want the intercooler $5,199 for 115 Hp and 110 FT. LB of torque increase.

Old 05-09-2006, 08:33 AM
Lone_Star
Junior User
Mr. F150,
Yes sir, we sure do. You can click our link on this page, under vendors or there is usually a banner on the left side for our kit. You can also give us a call if you have any concerns or questions.

Scott

Old 05-09-2006, 08:38 AM
Lone_Star
Junior User
Roush_Chris,
I am not going to take your bate as you are seriously misguided, even though I am sure you are going to continue and flame on. I will though correct some of your errors. The Roush kit is not necessarily the best engineered kit. Each manufacturer does work for Ford and has engineers that work or worked for Ford. Every single one of our engineers working on this kit have masters degrees in engineering.

We don't believe Roush has a better warranty. 4yr/48000 miles versus 3yr/36000 miles. And before you say well you just warranty the kit contents, yes we do, many Ford dealers will still warranty the drivetrain with our kits on them because they know how well designed and engineered our kit is for reliability. We dont feel that the drivetrain is at risk with our kit and has been proven with our kits with over 40,000 miles and no problems.

Lastly, how do you figure you have the best price. Roush is the most expensive kit out there, with the NON-intercooled Roush kit being $5,199. The Trilogy Intercooled rodder kit is $5,199 for a complete supercharger kit putting 383 rwhp and 434 rwtrq to the ground. I don't see where the Roush kit is better priced, and have not seen one dyno to show better numbers then a whipple or our kit.

Please don't make blanket statements that are not true. Our goal here is to inform the customer not flame our competition. Do some research next time and lets try and keep this informative for potential customers. Thanks!

Old 05-09-2006, 09:09 AM
ROUSH_Chris
FTE Sponsor
Lone_Star,

I don't mean to knock your product and yes we are both here to inform potential customers. It just seems every time you post you knock another product to upsell yours. Im just trying to get Roush's name out there and better recognized as a good product just as you are.

Old 05-09-2006, 09:30 AM
Lone_Star
Junior User
Chris,
Good to hear. Still buddies? I must say though that I don't see anywhere were I have knocked another product to upsell a Trilogy kit. If you want to show me some so I can look and explain I would like to do that. That is never my intention as I truly am trying to cut out all the BS some companies try and sell.

Its just tough trying to tell people about a new company doing some really great stuff when there is no name recognition like Roush and Whipple enjoy. Roush has an outstanding name in the Racing world and is a household name. Before I worked here I had never heard of a Trilogy Supercharger kit, yet now that I do, I want to share this great product with everyone.

Chris good luck! Now you can keep us well informed of the Roush line. Just so you know, whos who, whipplecharged is Dustin Whipple, rafa26 is a representative for Whipple, and Im from Trilogy. mab is from procharger.

Old 05-09-2006, 04:07 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by f150 Man
what program should i use if i get a supercharger, i goin with the roush or the whipple? tune program? any ideas
There are a number of programs you can use - the only one that I am aware that is completely customisable is SCT software.
Supercharger "kits" will include a tune program. Some will use existing tuners/chips (like I believe Trilogy uses the SCT), others will have thier own chip (Kenne Bell for example).

Old 05-09-2006, 04:11 PM
Lone_Star
Junior User
BigF350,
Thanks for bringing this thread back on track. F150 man, we use either SCT xcal2 or we program your existing pcm. Whipple has a ford racing programmer and they will also reprogram your pcm. I believe maybe Roush_Chris can verify that roush reprograms only? Thats all I know, sorry for getting off topic.

Old 05-10-2006, 01:33 AM
f150 Man
Freshman User
Originally Posted by ROUSH_Chris
Lone_Star keeps Hyping his warranty and price on the trilogy kit. I work for Roush Performance and The Roush kit is better engineered, offers a better warranty and better price for a complete kit. Our warranty is 3yr/36000miles and covers the entire Drivetrain. Trilogy only covers the components it installs anybody can do that. If you have a good kit warranty everything. The Roushcharger is intercolled and Increases HP by 145 and Torque by 143. The price is $5,899 and if you dont want the intercooler $5,199 for 115 Hp and 110 FT. LB of torque increase.
how do i go about changeing my high speed to 99, cause i hear that the high speed i can go is 99 with ur kit, is this true?

Old 05-10-2006, 01:38 AM
f150 Man
Freshman User
Originally Posted by BigF350
There are a number of programs you can use - the only one that I am aware that is completely customisable is SCT software.
Supercharger "kits" will include a tune program. Some will use existing tuners/chips (like I believe Trilogy uses the SCT), others will have thier own chip (Kenne Bell for example).
thank u, i think ur the only one that has answered my ques.

Old 05-10-2006, 08:19 AM
Lone_Star
Junior User
F150man,
We do Not have a 99 mph speed limiter on our kit. We run our 4x4 truck up to 135 mph. Do you have a 4x2 or 4x4? If you have a 4x2 I would suggest a driveshaft loop (Cheap security) or a balanced driveshaft, or a new balanced driveshaft.

I posted this earlier so I don't know if you saw it or not but here it is again.

F150 man, we use the SCT xcal2 or we program your existing pcm. Whipple has a ford racing programmer and they will also reprogram your pcm. I believe maybe Roush_Chris can verify that roush reprograms only? Thats all I know, sorry for getting off topic.

Old 05-10-2006, 08:31 AM
ROUSH_Chris
FTE Sponsor
F-150,

Roush reprograms the pcm for you, if you purchase our kit there is a prelabeled FedEx box in which you will mail the processor to us and we will flash it for you. No programmer or chip is needed.

Old 05-10-2006, 09:10 AM
f150 Man
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Lone_Star
F150man,
We do Not have a 99 mph speed limiter on our kit. We run our 4x4 truck up to 135 mph. Do you have a 4x2 or 4x4? If you have a 4x2 I would suggest a driveshaft loop (Cheap security) or a balanced driveshaft, or a new balanced driveshaft.

I posted this earlier so I don't know if you saw it or not but here it is again.
i have 4x2, what do u mean by loop or balanced?

Quick Reply: tune?