2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory bed liners???

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 09:04 PM
Brian429
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory bed liners???

I've noticed that some new trucks on the lot have bedliners already in them and some don't. I don't see anything on the stickers that says anything about a bedliner. Is this something that the dealers are doing or is it coming from the factory with one? I'm gonna be ordering a new Screw this week and I want a bedliner, I was just gonna see if the dealer could throw one in with the purcahse.

Old 03-26-2006, 09:10 PM
is300wrx
Posting Guru
my truck didnt have one on it..I HAD to pay for mine..I regret getting one because I could have used that money towards getting the bed sprayed by Line-X...

Old 03-27-2006, 10:35 AM
firstfordtruck
New User
I made the dealer throw in a bedliner with the deal and when i picked it up found it was a cheap after market one with this plastic plugs to access the tie downs that would not stay on. i made them put in a Ford bedliner whichwas much thicker and nicer. The one thing i will say is i watched him take out the one and install the Ford. It took minutes and was very easy

Old 03-27-2006, 10:39 AM
bulletbaby
Freshman User
get a spray in bedliner!!!! the plastic drop inns rub the paint off which leds to rust. I have the ford drop inn on mine and it sucks. it rattles and it does'nt even fit right the sides keep poping out

Old 03-27-2006, 11:15 AM
firstfordtruck
New User
they can be adjusted if it keeps popping out,mine is quiet as can be

Old 03-27-2006, 11:25 AM
exiled
Posting Guru
Brian if you have the money go get Line-x and dont hassel with the drop in. Better yet talk to your salesman see if they do busness with line-x he could safe you money. you will thank yourself for doing it. i'm not going to argue which one is better they both have good points just line-x dont have any bad besides the price.

Old 03-27-2006, 01:00 PM
Bryndon
Senior User
A guy at Ford told me that they were offering a spray-in of their own manufacture... He also said that it wasn't taking off very well.

Read the factory sticker carefully, I'm sure the bedliner (if it's from the factory) will be listed there - probably as a $1,000 option!

Old 03-27-2006, 01:16 PM
Shawn1024
Senior User
Here's what I found. The parts manager at the dealership I purchased from, goes to the lot and randomly picks trucks on the lot to install bed liners into. It's not on the sticker because it doesn't come from the factory. When you sit down to negotiate the deal...they throw in the "oh yeah, the bed liner is $150 additional". When I was buying my 05 a couple months ago, they wanted to ding me $150 for plastic bed liner....I simply told my sales rep I did not want the liner and to pull it out. 10 minutes later, the junky plastic liner was removed. A week later I took the truck to Line X and paid $425 to have a bed liner sprayed in. The spray in liner surface is a little slick, however, it is not nearly as slick as say a plastic liner. With the plastic liner, you might as well place your load on a sheet of ice.

Shawn

Old 03-27-2006, 05:15 PM
Brian429
Senior User
Money is my biggest issue, in my '03 I had a plastic one with a heavy duty rubber mat, and that worked just fine for me, I never had a issue with anything sliding. Plus I have access to a free rubber mat for the '06. But hearing more guys complain about the factory bedliner from Ford, maybe I shouldn't be so eager to have one put in.

Old 03-27-2006, 05:48 PM
motleycruef150
Senior User
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 529px; HEIGHT: 310px" width=529 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD id="" colSpan=3>Durakon Drop-In Bedliners vs. Spray-On Bedliners</TD></TR><TR><TD id=""></TD><TD>
DURAKON DROP-IN BEDLINERS

</TD><TD>
SPRAY-ON BEDLINERS

</TD></TR><TR><TD id="">PROTECTION:</TD><TD>Composed of Thick, Tough High Density Polyethylene with Patented High Tensile Strength Rib Design</TD><TD>Damaged Bed because of Pre-Application Sanding, Thin Layer of Polyethylene</TD></TR><TR><TD id="">DURABILITY:</TD><TD>Shock Absorbing Ribs, Separate Structure from Truck's Sheet Metal Board Holders Increase Capacity and Help Secure Cargo</TD><TD>Little/No Cushion
Doesn't Protect from Heavy Cargo
</TD></TR><TR><TD id="">SKID RESISTANCE:</TD><TD>Offers Superior Skid Resistance</TD><TD>Temporary on Most</TD></TR><TR><TD id="">APPEARANCE:</TD><TD>UV Resistant</TD><TD>Tendency to Fade</TD></TR><TR><TD id="">COST:</TD><TD>Less Expensive, Best Value for the Money</TD><TD>Higher Average Cost</TD></TR><TR><TD>INSTALLATION/REMOVAL:</TD><TD>Easy to Install or Remove</TD><TD>Pre-Application Sanding to Install which Damages the Bed, Difficult to Remove</TD></TR><TR><TD>QUALITY:</TD><TD>Consistent Quality</TD><TD>Inconsistent Quality because it Depends on the Skill Level of the Applicator</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Drop ins vs Spray ons:
http://www.durakon.com/go.aspx?WID=Products&sm=p63.0

Old 03-27-2006, 08:11 PM
edgl
Elder User
I have had line-X, and Rhino lining in my trucks, and I can tell without a doubt, that drop-in liners work. I found better protection with a drop-in than a spray in. The plastic liner absorbs shock better. Spray in liners allow the bed to get dented easier, ask me how I know. One other thing, I checked the bed of a Ranger I had with 183,000 miles on it when I got rid of it. I took the plastic bed liner out of it just to see how bad it looked. It was not bad, just a few scratches, but zero rust.
Ed G

Old 03-27-2006, 08:34 PM
03redstx
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've had plastic liners until my last truck. I had a Rhino Lining sprayed into it. I don't regret it at all. I hammered the **** out of the bed. Sure it dented, but nothing ever moved from the place i put it. I threw boulders, my snowmobile, gas cans, you name it. Trading it in this week on an '06 F150. Leasing it, so i made them throw in the liner or they wouldn't get it back in the same condition as its leaving in. Thats one of the few accesorries they pro-rate on a lease.

Old 03-27-2006, 09:39 PM
fordor
Senior User
I have a drop in bed liner from the dealership in my 05 screw. It came with the truck. I HATE it. Everything slides around and it fills up with water every time it rains. Hopefully that will end when I put the leveling kit on this week. I thought about just buying a rubber mat and putting it in the bottom with the liner still in it. What do you guys think?

Old 03-27-2006, 09:46 PM
WhëëlMå1
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I always use the Ford drop in, because I haul a lot of weight, and the impact protection from spray ons just isnt there. When I get a couple dollars, I am going to invest in a pad for the floor to help the loads stay put.

Old 03-27-2006, 10:22 PM
go_racing84
Elder User
Seems to me, a spray in liner with a rubber mat is about the best of both worlds. You get the scratch/rust protection of the spray in, plus the shock protection and slide um, slide-proofness (hmm...) of the rubber mat.

Quick Reply: Factory bed liners???