Sponsored by: DP Tuner

6 postion chip selector location ????

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 06:33 AM
Clint40
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6 postion chip selector location ????

Guys I got a steal on a TS chip with 6 postion selector. I installed this unit last night ( very easy ) and my question is where to put the 6 postion selector. As you know it's a dial type and has more than enough tether to place near anywhere. Im not sure if most zip tie it somewhere kind of hidden or do they drill a hole somewhere and do a solid mount. What do you think???

Old 02-26-2006, 07:42 AM
Orezona
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There was some talk about location in this thread.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...8&page=1&pp=12

I also know there is somebody on here that put it in the door side of the seat next to the seat controls. Just can't remember who. He has some nice pictures of the install in his gallery.

Old 02-26-2006, 08:26 AM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i put it to the right of the column, but if i could do it again, i would choose the middle of the dash to the left of the column. theres more room over there.

Old 02-26-2006, 09:07 AM
guzzle92
Posting Guru
I installed my selector on the side of the drivers seat because I didn't want to drill holes in the dash. The only tricky part about this method is you have to know how to solder because the cable must be extended to reach under the seat and allow enough slack to allow the seat to move forward.

Old 02-26-2006, 09:12 AM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by guzzle92
I installed my selector on the side of the drivers seat because I didn't want to drill holes in the dash. The only tricky part about this method is you have to know how to solder because the cable must be extended to reach under the seat and allow enough slack to allow the seat to move forward.
NOW THAT IS COOL!

Old 02-26-2006, 11:50 AM
4X4 IN REFUGIO
Elder User
That Is A Cool Place Where Guzzle Placed His On The Seat.

And Like Strokin It Said ..... There Is Definetily More Room Behind The Moldings On The Left Side Of The Steering Wheel ( Above The Removable Fuse Panel ) .

Take A Look At Mine . It's In My Gallery. I Would Have Mounted Mine A Little More To The Left Because Part Of My Steering Wheel Blocks My Veiw Of It While Driving. ( No Big Deal As Your Not Constantly Changing It And It's Not Something That You Need To Monitor. )

The Only Thing About Going Into The Dash Is That If You Ever Decide To Take It Out..... Your Left With The Hole That You Drilled.

But You Can Always Put Something Else In The Hole Or Replace That Little Piece Of Molding.

I Also Installed Little Numbers Around The **** So You Know What Setting It Is On.

Old 02-26-2006, 12:01 PM
DavidT.
Elder User
I put mine to the right of the steering column, next to my t/c lockup button. You can see here in this picture. I think that's a great location. Easy to reach, easy to drill and mount, can still cruise with left hand on wheel and play with **** with right hand lol.

Old 02-26-2006, 01:00 PM
jtharvey
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DavidT.
I put mine to the right of the steering column, next to my t/c lockup button. You can see here in this picture. I think that's a great location. Easy to reach, easy to drill and mount, can still cruise with left hand on wheel and play with **** with right hand lol.

Mine's mounted in pretty much the same place, maybe a little more to the right, where David's TC lock switch is. I like where it's mounted. Easy to reach, and you're used to taking your right hand off the wheel anyway to adjust heating coltrols, radio, etc...

Old 02-26-2006, 01:17 PM
maevans
Posting Guru

Thanks Davidt for the pics,
Now when i order from jody next week, I'll know were i will place the switch.

Old 02-26-2006, 02:55 PM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Another idea for a mounting position, Jody showed me this one.

Pull the dash kick panel off and just under and to the right of the fuse box, notice the metal brace running across the bottom of the dash. There is a hole big enough to mount the dial facing down (towards the brake pedal). After you have mounted and replaced the kick panel, the dial is completely hidden and accessable by reaching just under the dash.

I thought that was a neat trick. Absolutely no holes in the dash, no drilling, and it's a hidden **** just in case you have someone else driving your truck.

My wife knows I have a chip, but she doesn't know where the switch is!!!

Old 02-26-2006, 02:59 PM
Clint40
Senior User
I went left side guys. I also have a toggle there for some off road lights I have and thought that it would be best there. Thanks for all the help. By the way the chip is completely awesome. I know its not Jodys but for the 200.00 I have invested its a complete rush.....

Old 02-26-2006, 03:58 PM
dunnit52
Junior User
Originally Posted by Pocket
Another idea for a mounting position, Jody showed me this one.

Pull the dash kick panel off and just under and to the right of the fuse box, notice the metal brace running across the bottom of the dash. There is a hole big enough to mount the dial facing down (towards the brake pedal). After you have mounted and replaced the kick panel, the dial is completely hidden and accessable by reaching just under the dash.

I thought that was a neat trick. Absolutely no holes in the dash, no drilling, and it's a hidden **** just in case you have someone else driving your truck.

My wife knows I have a chip, but she doesn't know where the switch is!!!
You wouldn't have a pic of this would you? Just curious as to how accessible it is underway? Sounds cool....

Old 02-26-2006, 10:19 PM
SilverBullet131313
Senior User
There is a pic on ITP diesels website showing it installed under the fuse panel on that metal brace. Very nice, easy, hidden place to put it imho. Unless you are constantly clicking through the settings that is.

On a side note......how does the dial switch come apart to mount it? Looked at it the other day...but want to make sure how it comes apart before i start to take it apart so i dont break it.

Thanks

Old 02-27-2006, 04:50 AM
Clint40
Senior User
set screw in the **** holds it to a flat area on the selector. remove by allen wrench and your good.

Old 02-27-2006, 10:56 AM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by dunnit52
You wouldn't have a pic of this would you? Just curious as to how accessible it is underway? Sounds cool....
Sorry, don't have a pic at the moment. I can reach it easily even while driving and not take my eyes off the road.

Quick Reply: 6 postion chip selector location ????