Someone Is Knocking!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 11:47 PM
tps93ranger
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Someone Is Knocking!

I have a 93 Ranger with 136,000 miles on it.I had a new clutch put in last summer and everything works good my question is I have a slight knock from somewhere and I am not sure if it is engine or tranny. I have a 5 speed man. The knock I here I could here before new clutch and it only knocks when cold. Anyone else out there had this prob. or am I the lone ranger?

Old 01-22-2006, 10:08 AM
Rockledge
Post Fiend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
You have to try and pinpoint more precisely the location of the knock. Let's hope it's not the bearings. Is the knock coming from the bottom of the engine, or top? Does it happen right from the get go at start-up?

Old 01-22-2006, 10:32 PM
tps93ranger
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone Is Knocking

Hey Rockledge im not sure where the knock is but like I said it is only prevelant during the first few minutes after I fire it up after it has sat for a long time. I seem to notice it more when I push in the clutch and I am going either in forward or reverse. I have tried very hard to keep everything in good shape such as always using Mobil 1 oil and synthetics in everything. I hope it is not the bearings that would not be good. I have had a couple of 350 engines in the past and I had bad bearings twice but they seemed to knock all the time. Let me know what you think if I should have my mechanic check it out. thanks.