Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

First Post on FTE

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 06:39 AM
USCGC
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First Post on FTE

I'm new to the Tennessee as of June this year. I always wnated to know what it was like to live up north, so we relocated. (Just Kidding) But really, we relocated from Columbia, SC to Christiana, Tn in June as part of a job relocation. We really love Tennessee and we're fortunate to be here.

I've owned ford truck for a while, just sold my 2004 6.0L super crew cab - Broke my heart but it had to be done. I'm currenty refurbing a 1976 F-100 lifted 4WD, 390 30 over/cam etc... The truck originally had a t-18 tranny and some funky high range only TC. I'm replacing the TC with a NP205 and the Tranny with a NP435. The rearend is needing replacement because I rolled the splines, the axels are currently 28 spline and I need to go to the stronger 31 spline configuration. The spider gears need to be replaced as well of course.

I'm also in the begining stages of the body work, it's fairly straight but man I hate body work. I've got a DA and a Linear sander, LPHV sprayer - But man I hate Body work, perhaps because I don't know what I'm doing , but I'll get through it.

Anyway, I've requested membership in your chapter and I look forward to reading y'alls posts.

Take Care,
Mark

Old 01-09-2006, 08:23 PM
Mustangsean
Senior User
Welcome to Tennessee, FTE, and the Tennessee Chapter!

Sean

Old 01-09-2006, 11:13 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
YOU'RE IN! Welcome aboard....

BTW: My first thought when I saw your user handle was "U. S. Coast Guard Chief", is that anywhere close to on target?

Old 01-10-2006, 06:40 AM
lariat97
Post Fiend
Welcome to the chapter.

Old 01-10-2006, 08:05 AM
USCGC
New User
Originally Posted by Greywolf
YOU'RE IN! Welcome aboard....

BTW: My first thought when I saw your user handle was "U. S. Coast Guard Chief", is that anywhere close to on target?
Well now this is going to really tork some of you VOL fans off, ya see, I'm a Pretty Big University of South Carolina fan - (usually gets me some sympathy ) My handle from a Sports forum in SC is Carolina One (C-1) So there it is "C1USC".

Now that you know this.... Am I still in? LOL!

Thanks Y'all!

Anyone have any axles that they'd be interested in selling?

I can use either 28 or 31 spline since I'm rebuildind the rearend anyway, going with a mini-spool (I think) - I don't drive the truck on the HWY very far very often.

Old 01-10-2006, 03:53 PM
maples01
Logistics Pro
Received 92 Likes on 87 Posts
Welcome in to the chapter, there is still some old Fords in the junkyard in Lavergne, Middle TN.

I support the Vols, wish they'd get another coach, the one they have snuck in by back stabbing his mentor and sux at his job.

Old 01-10-2006, 06:41 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Only axle I'm going to have on hand soon will be an F body four lug that I'm stripping out of a Zephyr to use on a future mustang or something.

Old 01-10-2006, 07:35 PM
USCGC
New User
Originally Posted by maples01
Welcome in to the chapter, there is still some old Fords in the junkyard in Lavergne, Middle TN.

I support the Vols, wish they'd get another coach, the one they have snuck in by back stabbing his mentor and sux at his job.
OUCH!!!

Yeah, Fulmer has all the talent in the world - Great recruiting and a cast of loyal fans that any University would kill to have. It baffles me as to what happened in the 2005 season. I have a sneaking feeling that if things don't change next year for the extreme better, the feces will collide with the oscillating wind machine for Phil.

Thanks for the tip on the Junk yard in Lavernge, exactly why I joined your Chapter!!!

I'll check it out

Old 01-10-2006, 07:39 PM
USCGC
New User
Originally Posted by Greywolf
Only axle I'm going to have on hand soon will be an F body four lug that I'm stripping out of a Zephyr to use on a future mustang or something.
I have a bellhousing for a 351 which came with my NP435 that I have no use for if anyone is interested. Also, the guy who sold me the tranny has a pretty strong 351 (w?) for sell if interested.

Old 01-10-2006, 08:14 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
List 'em in the swap thread - sooner or later someone will need 'em. I'll check with my neighbor, but his 351W swap is complete, I don't know if he's planning on having a lot of spares around since he is more into 302's.

Could be. 351's in F body stangs are few so far around here.

Old 01-10-2006, 11:12 PM
Mustangsean
Senior User
I assume you're talking 9" rear axles. If so, I believe I've got a couple of complete axles. PM me and let's talk.

Sean

Old 01-11-2006, 12:34 AM
maples01
Logistics Pro
I badly want 4.56 gears for mine, I could possibly find 4.10's in a junkyard to do a straight swap, but lower is better with me, I'm not stock.
If you're running open, forget spiders, get a trac-lok to replace the carrier. The spool's on Bronco Graveyard for the 9" are 35 spline only, not cool on a daily streeter tho.

Old 01-11-2006, 09:38 AM
USCGC
New User
Originally Posted by Mustangsean
I assume you're talking 9" rear axles. If so, I believe I've got a couple of complete axles. PM me and let's talk.

Sean
You've got mail.

Thanks

Thanks maples, I keep my eye/ears open for you regarding gears.

Yeah, I've been down the spider gear path two times here with this truck. I'm finished with the spider gears. The first time; like a fool, I purchaced a new set and rebuilt the rearend. The second time I purchaced a "hoghead" and swaped the carrier keeping my original ring and pinion. The last torn up rearend was because I rolled the the splines on the axles and inside the gears.

Going with a spool this time because the truck only sees about 500 mi of road use per year. Mostly off road use.

Last edited by USCGC; 01-11-2006 at 09:55 AM.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:49 PM
Fifty4F100
Laughing Gas
Maples, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Fulmer doesn't deserve his job. But I blame UT for that - who else would fire a coach that got you from the basement in the SEC to winning bowl games because he had a heart attack! I'll pull for UofM down here!

Welcome USCGC (token truck content)!

Old 01-11-2006, 05:36 PM
maples01
Logistics Pro
I lived in Knoxville, sitting on my grandmothers porch, we could watch the fireworks they'd shoot when they scored. When I moved back, I worked for a guy who's daughter married Mike Stoyle, he played for the Vols for Johnny before getting drafted to play pro, where he got a superbowl ring.
Fulmer's move was an inside job, he'll stay till the big donators say no more until you replace him, they'll not get to a good bowl game till then.