6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Big new merged blowing head gasket thing thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 06:12 PM
kizzo
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big new merged blowing head gasket thing thread

I Have A 04 F250 6.0 24k With A Banks Big Hoss System Including The Six Gun Super Tuner With The Speed Loader With A Monster Exhaust And A Oversized Intercooler. Once In A While I Pull My 1ok Lb Rv. The Last Month I Have Had The Coolant Tank Replaced The Dealedship Sd I Had A Crack In The Tank. This Month I Have A Leak In My Coolant Tank And I Took It To My Dealership Where They Told Me I Had A Headgasket Leaking From To Much Boost. The Dealership Is Blaming The Banks System And Have Told Me That Ford Will Not Warranty Our Truck. I Called Banks And They Sd Ford Has To Prove The Banks System Is At Fault. I Told This To The Service Manager And He Laughed In My Face. He Told Me There Was No Such Law That They Had To Prove It Was The Banks Fault, Just The Fact That The Banks Was There Voided My Warranty. They Have Quoted Me $3,500 To Repace Head Gasket. I Feel That I Am Betwen A Rock And A Hard Place And Don't Know Where To Turn. Lost In Warranty Work!!!!

Old 11-25-2005, 07:09 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
...Welcome to Ford Truck Enthusiasts!
Stick around someone will be by shortly to answer your question.
We are happy you have chosen the best source for Fords!

Enjoy FTE....and
JOIN CLUB FTE -SUPPORT THE FORUMS!
…..See you on the boards.

Old 11-25-2005, 07:09 PM
bigredtruckmi
Lead Driver
Received 218 Likes on 50 Posts
Sorry to say this but I have seen the warranty specifics and it is very specific on chips, intakes, exhaust modifications. Even if they are on the truck it automatically voids the warranty. I hate loosing a 100K warranty. So I haven't done any mods.

Old 11-25-2005, 07:30 PM
Pittsburgh-05HD
Senior User
the above is absolutely not true, do a search on warranty and magnuson moss act. You are going to be in a fight though. FORD will have a strong case against you. Most likely you will have to get a lawyer involved. BY LAW unless specifically stated in the warranty aftermarket performance parts will NOT automatically void a warranty. This is not an arguable point. However if the added component caused the problem ford has a right to deny a warranty claim but NOT cancell you entire warranty. Meening if you have a water leak in your door they will still have to fix it, even though they can deny the motor work.

Last edited by Pittsburgh-05HD; 11-25-2005 at 07:51 PM.
Old 11-25-2005, 07:44 PM
Pittsburgh-05HD
Senior User
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/...#Magnuson-Moss

here is some info for you..i wish u luck!

Old 11-25-2005, 07:48 PM
Pittsburgh-05HD
Senior User
http://www.magnusonproducts.com/magnusonmoss.htm

here is one more for you with some phone numbers

Old 11-25-2005, 08:11 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
This is my honest opinion. And I am not trying to be a party pooper.
In such a case you don't have a leg to stand on. Magnuson Moss doesn't apply, as in this case Ford wouldn't even need to do any testing.
A tuner gives an engine more boost, creating higher pressures within the combustion chamber, and therefore putting greater strain on the gaskets.

Admittedly the problem may have occured if it was stock, BUT that is impossible to prove.

Old 11-25-2005, 08:42 PM
fordsmt2003
Freshman User
I work at a ford dealership, sorry dude your screwed. But the 04,05 6.0 p.o.s. has bad problems with head gaskets. What happens is you add boost it adds compresion this is what blows the head gasket and usually makes the antifreez bubble out of your resevour. we do about 8 a month here. And when you do a repair under warranty over $1200 a tech has to contact prior approval with a butt load of info on the vehicle and if ford claims suspects any false info they send out a inspector. Then we all screwed. My advise to you is take all the mods off, every thing back to factory. take the battery cables off for about a hour and go to another ford dealership, perferably the biggist dealer ship you can find around you, where they are to busy getting vehicles in and out. The after market engine mods does void all drive line warranty if the service manager like the one i got can void all warranty if he wants to. I dont know how they can but ive seen it done once. I hope they did not note your mods on ford's OASIS data base. If they did not this will probably work. And my last thing is get it fixed and SELL IT. The ford 6.0 has horrible problems, head gaskets, egr cooler, injectors, turbo, and the worst the dang Y-pipe. Sell it and get a 7.3

Old 11-25-2005, 09:02 PM
tn mac
Posting Guru
fordsmt
I cant believe you dont like the dependable 6.0,its a good engine if you guys would just learn how to fix them.

Old 11-25-2005, 09:06 PM
Pittsburgh-05HD
Senior User
8 a month, now thats impressive! My best friend in the world is a diesel tech at the LARGEST Ford dealership in Pittsburgh. He said he may have done 8 total since the 6.0 came out. Let's see.... 8 a month, x 12 months per year = 96 head gaskets a year. I hate to say it but BS!

And the MM act does apply to this, this is why it was set up, to protect consumers. i dont know why everyone is always doom and gloom on here about this stuff.

Old 11-25-2005, 09:40 PM
SpartanDieselTech
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fordsmt2003
I work at a ford dealership, sorry dude your screwed. But the 04,05 6.0 p.o.s. has bad problems with head gaskets. What happens is you add boost it adds compresion this is what blows the head gasket and usually makes the antifreez bubble out of your resevour. we do about 8 a month here. And when you do a repair under warranty over $1200 a tech has to contact prior approval with a butt load of info on the vehicle and if ford claims suspects any false info they send out a inspector. Then we all screwed. My advise to you is take all the mods off, every thing back to factory. take the battery cables off for about a hour and go to another ford dealership, perferably the biggist dealer ship you can find around you, where they are to busy getting vehicles in and out. The after market engine mods does void all drive line warranty if the service manager like the one i got can void all warranty if he wants to. I dont know how they can but ive seen it done once. I hope they did not note your mods on ford's OASIS data base. If they did not this will probably work. And my last thing is get it fixed and SELL IT. The ford 6.0 has horrible problems, head gaskets, egr cooler, injectors, turbo, and the worst the dang Y-pipe. Sell it and get a 7.3
That mentality leads to more problems than the hardware issues themselves do.

Old 11-25-2005, 11:03 PM
fordsmt2003
Freshman User
Originally Posted by tn mac
fordsmt
I cant believe you dont like the dependable 6.0,its a good engine if you guys would just learn how to fix them.
I hear you. Man I hate working on these things. Every time we get something figured out and another recall or something else starts happening and us doing 8 a month was a exagerated figure but i done two in nov. and another guy has done 1 and got another tore down right now. it is a whole lot easier pulling the cab.

Old 11-29-2005, 05:59 PM
Catfish_Man
Senior User
fordsmt2003,

Thanks for being candid. Some of us owners that have the 6.0 rely on your "knucklebustin" to keep us on the road.

I detected the same frustration with all the TSB's, recalls and all from another tech that also works principally on the 6.0. He said all the Ford "letters" keep him in the "classroom" as much as just trying to fix all the customer situations that come to him on the 6.0.

I know he is a good and reliable tech, and does his best for his dealer and their customer as well.

One thing you have is job security. (Courtesy of, and insured by Ford and your dealer.)

They both will tell you to "keep your mouth shut and just do your job!)

Thanks for your candid opinion!

Hang in there!

Old 11-29-2005, 06:35 PM
VegasSuperDuty
Senior User
Originally Posted by kizzo
I Have A 04 F250 6.0 24k With A Banks Big Hoss System Including The Six Gun Super Tuner With The Speed Loader With A Monster Exhaust And A Oversized Intercooler. Once In A While I Pull My 1ok Lb Rv. The Last Month I Have Had The Coolant Tank Replaced The Dealedship Sd I Had A Crack In The Tank. This Month I Have A Leak In My Coolant Tank And I Took It To My Dealership Where They Told Me I Had A Headgasket Leaking From To Much Boost. The Dealership Is Blaming The Banks System And Have Told Me That Ford Will Not Warranty Our Truck. I Called Banks And They Sd Ford Has To Prove The Banks System Is At Fault. I Told This To The Service Manager And He Laughed In My Face. He Told Me There Was No Such Law That They Had To Prove It Was The Banks Fault, Just The Fact That The Banks Was There Voided My Warranty. They Have Quoted Me $3,500 To Repace Head Gasket. I Feel That I Am Betwen A Rock And A Hard Place And Don't Know Where To Turn. Lost In Warranty Work!!!!
99% of the time it is your EGR cooler pressurizing the coolant system. The gaskets are usually not the problem.

Old 11-29-2005, 06:47 PM
kizzo
New User
I Took Off All Of My Banks Products And I Am Taking It To A Diffrent Dealer Wednesday. Let You All Know What I Find Out!!!

Quick Reply: Big new merged blowing head gasket thing thread