Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Ranger & B-Series
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series modelsSPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-05-2005, 11:08 PM
Freshman User

Stump Man is starting off with a positive reputation.
2000 ranger wont start

i unplugged fuse number 12 while the truck was running and the truck stalled. then it wouldnt start and the fuel pump wouldnt turn on. i think it may have something to do with the anti theft system but im not sure. my truck is a 2000 ranger, 3.0 V6, 5 speed, 2 wheel drive. i didnt get a owners manual with the truck when i got it and the fuses arent labeled so any help with what fuse is what would also be appreciated. thanks alot
Old 11-06-2005, 12:36 AM
Post Fiend

RangerPilot has a very good reputation on FTE.RangerPilot has a very good reputation on FTE.RangerPilot has a very good reputation on FTE.RangerPilot has a very good reputation on FTE.
I'm having a hard time trying to find what fuse that is on Autozone.com, with zero luck. Try disconnecting your negative battery cable for 20 mins and letting the computer reset itself, that should reset the anti-theft system as well.
If there's a switch hidden somewhere to deactivate it, flip it.

Last edited by Ken00; 11-06-2005 at 06:49 PM.
Old 11-06-2005, 06:56 PM
Post Fiend

Ken00 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Ken00 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Have you tested the fuse, it may have blown.

Check out this link for an owners manual...
Owners Manual
2002 XLT Std Cab Long Bed 3.0
1989 Custom Std Cab Short Bed 2.9
Old 11-07-2005, 10:33 PM
Freshman User

russ1416807 is starting off with a positive reputation.
if for some reason the fuel pump isnt pumping and ur sure all fuses are good it may need reset. im not sure but u may have tripped a safty switch to the fuel pump when u pulled the fuse. why that would happen im not sure but there is a reset switch under the dash very far right side of pass.,usually down by floor. just give it a push.that switch will not shut pump off even if thats not it.its just a reset switch that activates when in an accident(frontal crash only i believe)

2000 expy eddie b. edition
1986 mustang
Old 11-09-2005, 10:32 PM
New User

fords4life116 is starting off with a positive reputation.
hey guys i posted that thread on this name before i signed up with my own account. what happened was when my buddy pulled the fuse out of number 19 he ended up putting it back into slot 12 some how. i just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all your help. i hope i can help you guys some how.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:34 PM
Elder User

natebaker is starting off with a positive reputation.
DOH!

It's ok. Is everything good now?
Old 11-10-2005, 04:26 PM
Elder User

powerstroke6ltr is starting off with a positive reputation.
its just a reset switch that activates when in an accident(frontal crash only i believe)

No...it also trips when hit in the rear...believe me, i'd know. Had someone rear end me on labor day and their car went under the back of my truck and it tripped...then again, it didn't trip when i got rear ended by an explorer....

As for the original post, this may sound dumb...did you put it in the original socket??? I've done that one....
Old 11-10-2005, 06:12 PM
Post Fiend

RangerPilot has a very good reputation on FTE.RangerPilot has a very good reputation on FTE.RangerPilot has a very good reputation on FTE.RangerPilot has a very good reputation on FTE.
Glad you got it fixed, we all make stupid little mistakes! lol.

Yeah the fuel pump inertia switch, is that what they call it? Turns the fuel pump off if there is a certain strength or greater impact on the vehicle. Thankfully it's easy to reset if it just randomly trips.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:56 PM
New User

fords4life116 is starting off with a positive reputation.
ya everything works now. thanks again
Old 11-10-2005, 09:09 PM
Freshman User

russ1416807 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstroke6ltr
its just a reset switch that activates when in an accident(frontal crash only i believe)

No...it also trips when hit in the rear...believe me, i'd know. Had someone rear end me on labor day and their car went under the back of my truck and it tripped...then again, it didn't trip when i got rear ended by an explorer....

As for the original post, this may sound dumb...did you put it in the original socket??? I've done that one....

man u need brighter brake lights or somthin' brother

2000 expy eddie b. edition
1986 mustang
Old 11-10-2005, 09:12 PM
Post Fiend

plug some spotlights in back there and put some red tape over the bulbs lol.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:12 PM
Elder User

you're tellling me.....none were my fault, but it's just the process of dealing with ins. that kills the most.....What I think is most peculiar is, the lady whose car went under my truck fell asleep at the wheel...and it was still light out....
Old 11-10-2005, 09:36 PM
Senior User

35l911 is starting off with a positive reputation.
i was in a front off-center passanger side low speed crash and it safty switch tripped
Old 11-10-2005, 09:49 PM
Post Fiend

Yeah gotta love those insurance guys, rip ya for every penny you have.
I hit a double brick mailbox doing about 20, didn't trip the switch. Then again, it didn't even slow the truck down either.
I always park close to my dad just to make him be like "oh my God could you be any closer" and hit his bumper one day at like less than a mph, I didn't even really feel it, but the switch tripped. Though I'm thinking my gf may have tripped it on accident when we bumped it.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:53 PM
Elder User

I hit a double brick mailbox doing about 20, didn't trip the switch. Then again, it didn't even slow the truck down either.^ Sounds just like what I did....was backing in the expedition and was tired...didn't realize I was too far over and ran right over the brick mailbox out front and ended up in the ditch along the driveway....kinda comical to hear the backup sensor go crazy though....
Old 11-10-2005, 09:53 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Ranger & B-Series

Tags
2000, ranger, start, wont