General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2001, 07:52 AM
redeye
Freshman User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Racing

Well people what the Hell has happened to Ford this year??????? I dont think they have even come in the top 5 this year in winston cup.Roush Racing.Hasnt even finished in the top 10!!!!! I watch a truck race yesterday and was sickto my stomac when the closes Ford was 13th.What gives Ford????Will I have to go to work all season long with a bag overmy head.I do know that every time NASCAR changes the Rules Ford takes a beaten because of it.I know they think their helping.Nascar stick to Safty and let them Race.. Just my opinon!!! Redeye

Old 03-18-2001, 12:39 PM
proud66owner
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Racing

the man dale jarret got a second place finish in the race after daytona.

Proud66owner
justin
i would rather push a ford than drive a chevy.

Old 03-18-2001, 03:46 PM
jowilker
Fleet Owner

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
Racing

Bob, I guess you got your pain eased today with DJ winning and taking over the #1 spot in points. There were five Fords in the top ten finishing order. I do agree that Roush is struggling though.

John
jowilker
[link:www.ford-trucks.net/users/jowilker|Club FTE since 01 01] My FTE Page

[link:www.ford-trucks.net/users/jowilker/NCFTE.html|NC Truck Owners] NC Ford Truck owners group

66F100s Rule
In the cool still quite of night you can hear chevies rusting away.

Old 03-18-2001, 04:41 PM
proud66owner
Senior User
Racing

alright, go #88, Dale Jarret rocks.

proud66owner
Justin
i would rather push a ford than drive a chevy.

Old 03-19-2001, 07:38 AM
DeenHylton
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Racing

There is a number of problems as I see it...
1. Ford has pulled out of most forms of racing other than the "round-de-rounders". In other words all though I love Fords dearly...they're not putting enough money where their mouth is! How many Fords do you seeing running in NHRA Prostock since they dropped Bob Glidden? Now some of you will come back at me and say "Ford is sponsoring John Force"(Funny Car) but have you looked "under the hood"...that's no Ford engine sitting between the frame rails! That's O.K. John, we love you anyway.
2. Ford keeps changing/redesigning its engine platform (302, 351W, 351M, 4.6 "modular") and it takes years of development for the after market to come up with matching speed parts that are as refined as the 350 C*** parts...that basic engine design has been around since 1955.
3. The vast majority of racers run GM products (Pontiac, Chevrolet, Olds, etc.)...when you have 1,000's of racers dreaming up new inovations every weekend how can you keep up when you only have 100's doing the same thing on the Ford side.
4. Look at Chrysler, they are bringing back the Hemi...I can't seem to find the 429 Boss in my Ford SVO book...or the 427 SOC for that matter.
5. Parts for Ford's are typically more expensive than parts for C****s.
6. When you go to a swap meet (other than a FORD swap meet)you will find 10 GM/Chrysler parts for every single Ford part (go back to item #3,5).

I may sound anti-Ford, but I'm not...I've built/owned 5 race cars, 4 have been Fords, and I wouldn't even considering owning a truck other than a Ford...the other "trucks" just don't measure up!

Deen Hylton
Ford F250 460 C-6, K&N, Headers, Dual Exh.,Comp. Cams,Shift Kit
Pioneer CD w/Bose Speakers.
Other Passion: Blown 77 Corvette (Sorry Guys/Gals)
How I can afford to Drive the above: 93 GEO Metro

Old 03-19-2001, 09:21 AM
redeye
Freshman User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Racing

I almost crapped myself when Dale won.I think Ill bad mouth Ford befor the next race too.Now if my hero Jeff Burton will only pick up the pace Ill be happy again.and if the weather would only hold for awhile Ill get my new JBA headers on..now its time for the Trucks to get off the pot...Redeye

Old 03-19-2001, 06:01 PM
jakegypsum
Posting Guru
Racing

Dale ROCKS!

Jakegypsum // Ford fleet, soup to nuts.

Old 03-19-2001, 09:48 PM
Ultramagdan
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Racing

Always a bridesmaid and neve a bride. The day Mark Martin wins the Winston Cup championship I think I'll get drunk for a week. Unfortunately by the time he does it it will only take a beer a day for me to be that way. DJ earned his win although Steve Park had the better car in long runs. Also Steve really tried to intimidate DJ and it looked really cool on TV.

98 F250LD 4X4

Old 03-20-2001, 06:22 AM
jowilker
Fleet Owner

Racing

Mark Martin, has a lot of fans that also pull for someone else. I guess you have to be more agressive to win it all. There seems to be some key element missing at Roush, even though he has an excellent truck program.

Park was hoping that DJ would think he was a trailer and pull him along, NOT

John
jowilker

[link:www.ford-trucks.net/users/jowilker/NCFTE.html|NC Truck Owners] NC Ford Truck owners group

66F100s Rule

Old 03-20-2001, 09:13 PM
Ultramagdan
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Racing

Yes, your right about pulling for others besides Mark. I'll bet Rousch is pulling his hair out (not that he has much to begin with) trying to figure out what is off in their program.. However, regarding Steve Park, I don't think that during the caution or the red flag that Steve was trying to be a trailer. He made his presence known more than once and I'll lay money that there was yellow paint under the bumper of the UPS car. Nothing against either driver. It made for a good race.

98 F250LD 4X4

Old 03-21-2001, 08:04 AM
jowilker
Fleet Owner

Racing

Dan, DJ just pulled that trailer hitch pin and left Park behind. DJ admitted that he didn'd have the best car last sunday, just the one that crossed the finish line first. He had a couple of those taken away from him last year. You have to be consistently good, to win the championship. :-)

John
jowilker

66F100s Rule

Old 03-21-2001, 07:43 PM
hotrodford_88
Posting Guru
Racing