Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

can we get something started in the Texas chapter?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 04:42 AM
texans
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Exclamation can we get something started in the Texas chapter?

first off Ivan and all you boys in the NW chapter stay out of this . We need to get this chapter rooling. I always check in here first thing when I come to FTE, and there is only 1 maybe 2 new post. I am always seeing something out of the NW chapter. I would like to see this chapter get kicking like that. Let get it started.

Old 10-30-2005, 08:29 AM
holland501
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd be interested if there was anything happening within about 50mi of Houston As long as it wasn't in Houston. I hate going downtown. Something like a swap meet, flea market, some sort of outdoor thing.

Old 10-30-2005, 10:48 AM
brokebronco
Posting Guru
JD Banks and I got together at the Hooters on 1960 and 45 yesterday. There was also a hotrod show there. Some really nice cars showed up. Anyone have some Ideas as to what we can do?

Chris

Old 10-30-2005, 06:15 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Just a suggestion---but we started with a gtg every month---and though we are nothing like the Kansas Chapter---we do have a pretty good network in the making.

STan

Old 10-30-2005, 08:37 PM
jdbanks
Elder User
Chris, his wife and myself enjoyed some wings and a nice time at Hooters on Saturday. If we want to get stuff happening then more people need to make it out to get togethers.

In line with that. Coming up in Houston we have the Autorama in the end of November. Might be a good event to plan a get together around. We could all go out to eat before or after. Maybe carpool or caravan together to the Autorama.

Autorama
George R. Brown Convention Center
November 24, 25, 26, 27, 2005
http://www.autorama.com/casi/houston.htm

Or if anyone else has an idea, please feel free to chime in.

Old 10-30-2005, 11:41 PM
texans
Postmaster
man I wish I could go to that, but unfortanitly I will still be in Iraq till sometime in DEC. Anyone have anything planed after the first of the year? Buy the way this is going oposite of what I was talking about. I was just saying as far as post. You know people just posting on here with just good conversation type stuff so we could get to know each other. at least somewhat. Anyways I do like the idea of some G2G though. Let me know if there are any after the 1st of the year. Thank you.

Old 10-31-2005, 06:54 AM
jdbanks
Elder User
Well it's easier to post just chit-chat type stuff when you've met people and know them in person. That's the idea behind the get-togethers.

Or how bout some philosophy...."Be the change in the world you'd like to see." Meaning, if you want to see more conversation type stuff, don't tell people to do it or that you want to see it, make it happen. Start a thread or reply to someone else's. We got the "Horns" thread going on. A lot of people counting their chickens before they're hatched, go tell them that and watch the conversation start flowing (LOL).

Old 10-31-2005, 07:00 AM
texans
Postmaster
good idea JD. I have been trying to get some stuff like that started with "how bout them horn". I will try to start some more topics, but your right its hard to do that stuff without knowing the people in person. So do we have any G2G planed for after first of the year?

Old 10-31-2005, 07:00 AM
texans
Postmaster
oh how is the plan going so far for the FTE car show for TX.

Old 11-05-2005, 12:26 PM
texan2004
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Scotty, were you thinking of coming down to Houston sometime after the first of the year? If yes, I'll set something up even if it's a belated "Welcome Home and Thank You Scotty" get-together. I suspect we could get a few folks , none of whom I actually know personally, to stop by.

Old 11-05-2005, 06:34 PM
brokebronco
Posting Guru
If it is near Houston, I can usually get away long enough to attend a meet and greet. Count me in.

Chris

Old 11-06-2005, 02:32 AM
rfxj3
Senior User
Originally Posted by jdbanks
We got the "Horns" thread going on. A lot of people counting their chickens before they're hatched, go tell them that and watch the conversation start flowing (LOL).
Horns 62

Baylor 0

Hard to argue that!

Old 11-06-2005, 03:06 AM
texans
Postmaster
Originally Posted by texan2004
Scotty, were you thinking of coming down to Houston sometime after the first of the year? If yes, I'll set something up even if it's a belated "Welcome Home and Thank You Scotty" get-together. I suspect we could get a few folks , none of whom I actually know personally, to stop by.
I dont think I will be around Houston, but I will be around Austin sometime within the first 2 months im back. If you want to arange a GTG where you are at. Let me know what date and I will try to make it. I would like to get to know some of the guys on here. Thank you for your support.
Originally Posted by rfxj3
Horns 62
Baylor 0
That is what im talking about. Hook Em Horns

Old 11-06-2005, 07:52 AM
texan2004
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Scotty,

I'm on the Southeast of Houston, just outside of Beltway 8 and just north of Friendswood, TX and just west of I-45. Couple of hours from Austin so it would be tough for me to set something up there but I would go if someone else can pull it together in Austin. If you want to make a day run to Houston, my offer is still open.

Old 11-06-2005, 07:59 AM
texans
Postmaster
I would like to try to make a trip down there one day. Do you want to try to set up a date for a GTG. That would be good.