Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Dentsides Ford Truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-04-2001, 08:58 PM
Posting Guru

fatforty is starting off with a positive reputation.
new process 435 rebuild?

Old 04-26-2002, 02:27 AM
New User

bigmerl52 is starting off with a positive reputation.
new process 435 rebuild?

It's been a long time since Ive posted but it's good to be back!!

So the delema goes like this. I have a bunch of roller bearings and a clip in the bottom of my transmission. Found them as I was reinstalling my transfer case I just got back from the shop. just as I was about to hand the T-case I noticed The output shaft that merries the tcase to the tranny was verry sloppy and the rear seal had come out of the tranny case towards the rear. Up top I tried to troubleshoot and found the shifter lever was bound. I popped the top off the tranny and noticed the nylon insert on one of the forks was missing. So with a fondness for 90 weight hand soaks, I went a searching where I felt the beginings of a nasty job. A pile of roller bearings 1/2" by 1/4" a clip, a nylon bushing and another roller bearing race with all of its bearings. The question goes some thing like "hmmm, wonder where these went???" Any tips on where to find a exploded view of the np 435 or a rebuild manual?? say some thing step by step. All these gears and bearing's are causing me a fit.

Thanks for the help!
STU
Old 04-27-2002, 11:50 PM
New User

greeda is starting off with a positive reputation.
new process 435 rebuild?

i just about got into a rebuild of my np435 but had to put it back together quick because my car's tranmission's about to go out. anyway, in some searching i did, i came across some usefull information:

if you want good hardcopy of an exploded view, you might want to check your local tranmission shop. they made a photocopy for me from a binder they keep that has exploded views of all sorts of tranmissions. i also got parts through them for somewhat decent prices. another source is "http://www.angelfire.com/wi/mikeswwwsite/images/tranny11.jpg" (this site's odd html scheme couldn't deal with the link to the image), a scan of an exploded view from a ford dealer repair book. and if you're looking for more information about the np435, the guy that i linked to above details the [a href=http://www.angelfire.com/wi/mikeswwwsite/tranny.html]process[/a] he used to put the np435 into his jeep.

hope this information helps.
Old 04-28-2002, 01:05 PM
New User

bigmerl52 is starting off with a positive reputation.
new process 435 rebuild?

Hey thanks alot ! I called a local tranny shop here and they directed me to the library. I found the resource and made a photo copy and had it done by dark! Thanks again though.

stu
Old 04-28-2002, 01:05 PM