2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Seat conversion

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 10:24 PM
Jims05Screw
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power Seat conversion

Has any one added power seats to there truck after the fact. I like the six way power seats but didnt purchase that option.....DUMMY. If you have please fill me in

Old 09-30-2005, 10:35 PM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have done it. Not a big thing. I put Lariat power seat pedistals under my STX manual seats. Then I recoverd them in leather.
What can I say, I like to tinker.

You can do a search on those mods for most of the questions you might have.
If you need any specific info, just ask.

The posts cover almost everything though.
Chris

Old 09-30-2005, 10:50 PM
Jims05Screw
New User
Where did you get the pedistal from. Did it come with all the plastic, Switches Blah, Blah, Blah.

Old 10-01-2005, 12:14 AM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Well, the gory details are in the posts, search helps...

But just for the new guys,
They don't sell the seat parts separately. They really don't want you doing this.

I bought a set of front SuperCrew seats for 255.00 shipped.
I yanked the power pedestal off, put it under mine, and put my manual pedestal under the Screw seats.
Since I have a Regular cab (seats tip very far forward) I had to mildly modify the part of the seat frame that stops the Screw seats from tipping that far forward.
Not hard to do.
I then put the passenger lumbar into my passenger seat, easy to do; the seats come apart very easily.

I didn't bother to put in the heated seat pads, though it would be easy to do, because they are just plain not needed where I live.
I sold those for about 60 bucks. Or about a tenth what they listed for.
I then put sold the Screw seats with my manual controls for 90 bucks, a bargain as they were the two tone cloth.

That left me 105.00 to put in power on both sides.
I still have the memory module left over, but as it connects to the PCM, I just plain don't want to bother putting memory in the seats.
Wouldn't use it anyway, as the only two people that drive the truck use almost the same settings.

All the seats are basically the same, Screw, Scab, regular cab. Bench, 40-20-40, and captains chairs with console, XLT floating and Lariat/FX4 flow through.

The Screw and Regular cab have seat mounted seat belts, which stops you from easily swapping the seats straight back and forth.
The seats are held in by 4 bolts. Come out in seconds. On none power seats there is only a simple harness.

The XL and STX do NOT come with the wiring harness under the carpet. The others should (?).
I had to run a primary wire from the battery for the seat power. I prefer that to splicing and dicing in the fuse panel. It's very easy to run power into the cab; there are holes in the door channels in perfect locations.

The power seats are mostly nice because you can rake the seat up in the front. The back of the seat is manual on all the trucks. Still, an easy swap, and you can find the seats on e-bay, or a wrecking yard. Since you just want the stuff under the seats, you can use seats that are torn or stained.

On putting covers on the seats, I put leather take offs from e-bay (105.00 including shipping) brand new black leather on my seats. That's another post though.

Chris

Not a flattering shot, but plainly shows the power(memory) seat setup. The Superduty console is just in there for now, one of these days I'm gonna put the 20% back in, now that it matches.

Old 10-01-2005, 01:43 AM
Jims05Screw
New User
You are the best. I didnt think it would be to hard but figured I would ask. Im a new member and havnt played with the search of posts to much I thank you for your information. I think the hardest part will be finding the seats. Again I thank you.

Old 10-01-2005, 11:18 PM
Jims05Screw
New User
Did you do any research into what years will work. I assume only 2004-2006. That makes finding seats a little harder to find. Sounds like you got a good deal on yours

Old 10-02-2005, 12:24 PM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
4-6 yep, and only f150.
One secret to finding seats for this truck is haunt e-bay and watch for seats being sold under wrong names.
This works for other things as well.
Example, a steering column for a f150 just went for 22 bucks, with cruise wheel, and both shifter and wiper stalk. He sold it as a coluom or some such mispelling, and never realized he could have yanked the cruse wheel off and sold it for 50 bucks.
I bought some other stuff from that guy, GREAT deal, again the stuff was not quite right in the wording.

Four times I have found guys parting out low mileage F-150's and didn't want to ship the seats. If I had lived in short driving range of Michigan, South Carolina, etc. they would have been fantastic deals. Watch for stuff near you with high shipping and see if you can pick it up.

I bought my seats from a guy that called them Ford truck seats...
He ran them twice with no bids. I had asked him a question about them, so after they didn't sell he asked me what I would give for them shipped. I offered 255, and he took it.
He's a regular vendor, sells a lot of stuff, but only sometimes gets f150 stuff.

You can also check wrecking yards, as you just want the pedistals. That means a truck that has dirty seats from the windsheild being out is a good find. You just need the pedistal. Also you can inquire in our classifieds. There is a guy selling seats in another forum right now, they have no covers. He bought some seats and pulled the factory tan leather off them. Perfect for power or black leather conversions.
Lots of ways to do it.
It would be nice if Ford would just sell the parts reasonably priced, but they don't. I think it's 429.89 from the cheapest online seller for a single pedistal.
Chris

http://www.parts.com/partlocator/ind...=3&catalogid=2

Old 10-18-2005, 03:31 AM
Jims05Screw
New User
If anyone can help find grey power 40/20/40 seats out of a 04 or 05 F150 Screw I would be very greatful. I am having a bear of a time finding these things. ChrisAdams, you got Extremely lucky with that steal of a lifetime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!