1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator Discussion

04 navigation system w/ mobile ease bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 08:52 AM
04expegal
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 navigation system w/ mobile ease bluetooth?

I am hoping someone here can help answer this question.

I have a 04 expediton with navigation radio, 6 cd changer & dvd. I want to install the mobile ease system, but the guys at the dealer ship are telling me that ford did not make a wiring harness for the 04 navitation radio.

Has anyone encountered this problem and been able to fix it? If so please tell me how so I can explain it to the guys in the service department.

does anyone know if the 05 or 06 navigation radio works with mobile ease and if so, will the radio fit into the 04. The dealership is about to replace my navigation radio for the 4th time, & will consider upgrading my system if either of them work.

if you have a solution please email me

mgarrett@mris.com
<!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->

Old 09-19-2005, 03:32 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
...Welcome to Ford Truck Enthusiasts!
Stick around someone will be by shortly to answer your question.
We are happy you have chosen the best source for Fords!

Enjoy FTE....and
JOIN CLUB FTE -SUPPORT THE FORUMS!
…..See you on the boards.

Old 09-25-2005, 09:52 PM
nckracer
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have an '05 with navigation and I had an '03 with navigation. I can tell you that the navigation units are exactly the same, but the mapping software is much better in the '05.

I apologize for not knowing what the "mobile ease system" is. Is it a bluetooth communication system?

Why has the dealership replaced your navigation system 4 times?

Old 09-26-2005, 08:37 AM
04expegal
New User
why am I on my 4th radio/ navigation system?

The original unit - the display went bad. it was either black or jumbled up.

2nd unit - same thing happened.

3rd unit - menu buttons quit working. They freeze up most of the time.

They have ordered me a 4th unit. we are still negotiating on what they will replace this unit with - since when I bought the truck I was told that any radio unit that had the phone button could have mobile ease installed. Now it seems that mobile ease will not work with a navigation system unit as ford does not make a wiring harness that is compatiable.

I was hoping that someone here had found a wiring "work-a-round" so that I could get mobile ease working.

I would also be interested in knowing if anyone else out there has had problems with their 2004 ford expedition navigation system radio units. Am I the only person with this issue or are they lemons? BTW when do lemon laws kick in?

by the way, which region are you in? my maps are really bad. we recently went through a 911 address conversion, so 1/2 of the street names are incorrect.

Old 09-26-2005, 11:11 AM
rdrakea
Junior User
I wanted the bluetooth accessory when I got my 03 X used about a year and a half ago. I could never get a clear answer or whether it would work with the navigation unit or not, so I never ordered. I did find out the satellite radio accessory wouldn't work, so I had my doubts the bluetooth accessory would either.

Really sucks to have such an expensive option that leaves a lot to be desired.

Old 09-26-2005, 06:57 PM
jurias
Junior User
would the 05 navigation system work on the 2003. or is the wiring really different

Old 09-26-2005, 11:18 PM
Mud Doc
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
jurias--my question also.

Old 09-27-2005, 09:42 AM
jurias
Junior User
also is the dvd on the 2005 newer version and would it work on the 2003

Old 10-02-2005, 12:42 AM
nckracer
Senior User
The '05 & '06 nav systems still uses the multi-disks mapping CD's. The nav head units are exactly the same between the '03, '04, '05, & '06 models.

I have the 2004 version (2nd revision) mapping disks for my '05 expy. The newer mapping software is much more detailed than my '03 software. The newer software will work fine on the '03 model.

When I leased my '05, it came with 2004 (1st revision) software. About 3 months after I took delivery, NAVTEC sent me the 2nd revision free of charge along with a letter stating that there may be a problem with the original software. They said that the software may cause the screen to freeze up, it didn't ever happen to mine. So now I have 2 full sets of 2004 software.

Old 10-02-2005, 09:15 AM
04expegal
New User
Angry Please make a legal u turn on the freeway - I don't think so!!!

Well, my saga continues.

After being told to make a legal U turn on the freeway & being "off road" 1/2 the time I figured it was time to update the navigation cd's. Since I was going into the dealership to have my navigation unit replaced for the 3rd time. I may as well have them get me the latest cd's. Since I am still unable to find a wiring adaptor to make BLUETOOTH hands free unit work on the 2004 navigation unit. I am comming to the conclusinon that I am stuck with a system that will not perform as marketed. And due to Fords wiring configuration an aftermarket system may not be compatable.

Anyways,

Dealership replaced the broken navigation radio for the 3rd time (I am on my 4th radio) - get this- Now, I am being told that I can not use the updated 2005 navigation CD's - as my 2004 navigation unit will not accept them

No heres the Icing on the Cake -

I requested a new unit - not referbished. I felt I deserved that much at least. Right?

I go to set my home & radio starts caluclating a route to Abilene, TX & the address book is full! (BTW - I am nowhere near TX) I would think that if the unit were refurbished - They would have deleted all of that information. Not to mention the fact that I have a lot of informaion that I shouldn't have on someone elses problem unit.

Old 10-02-2005, 10:17 AM
jurias
Junior User
have you tried a different dealership. that would help you because you would have a fresh start with that dealership. 04expegal what part of the country do you live.

Old 10-02-2005, 12:09 PM
04expegal
New User
I live about 1 1/2 hours outside of Wash. DC . I have made calls to some of the larger Ford Dealerships, but didn't get any answers to my questions. There was one larger dealership who's aftermarket guy said he could do it, but I was getting a sales pitch & con. He didn't answer my questions, nor did he ask me the right questions. I have done a fair amount of research on this system & other bluetooth aftermarket units, so even though I am not an electronics wiz I have a basic understanding of manufactures compatibility to make sure all 5 systems work. - the Navigation, The CD changer, the DVD, the Bluetooth & the Phone.

I didn't feel like they really wanted to step in & help since I did not purchase through them.

I was really hoping to find someone else in USA who had the same vehicle that had resolved the Bluetooth issue & could tell me how they did it.

The goal was to have a bluetooth system that worked through the stereo & it would mute on incomming calls.

Now I would settle for not getting lost!

Old 10-02-2005, 12:12 PM
jurias
Junior User
i would just go to the next nearest dealer to get the navigation system corrected. there is a phone # on the navigation system where you can call and find out how to fix or if it would be compatible

Old 10-02-2005, 02:17 PM
nckracer
Senior User
Originally Posted by 04expegal
Dealership replaced the broken navigation radio for the 3rd time (I am on my 4th radio) - get this- Now, I am being told that I can not use the updated 2005 navigation CD's - as my 2004 navigation unit will not accept them
04expegal,

Who told you that your '04 nav unit will not accept the '05 navigation CD's? They are wrong!! I know it will accept them!

Dan

Old 10-10-2005, 12:58 AM
RPar
Junior User
I have an 04 Eddie X and I am on my 3rd Raido as well. I just think it suck's I want throw it out the window as I go over the bridge. I would like if "WE ALL" send a big chain e-mail to Ford maybe when can get better help. please let me know.

P.S. I called the company who make the raido and they sent a new 05 Raido to a repair shop in my area to install it and I still have the same problem.. Next time when I ask for direction and it said "make a U turn" it going to be bubbling up in the east river...

Quick Reply: 04 navigation system w/ mobile ease bluetooth?