6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

No More Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 12:46 AM
SpartanDieselTech
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy No More Opinions

In light of some of the recent events and debates taking place here in the 6.0 forum, I have come to a personal decision about my involvement here.

I will no longer address any threads or posts concerning *opinion* in any way, shape or form. I will personally only respond to direct technical questions with a direct technical answer, and vice-versa. I honestly don't even plan on opening any more threads with subjects such as "6.0 vs 7.3", "Which oil is better?", "What tuner will get the most fuel mileage?" or "Will mods hurt my truck?"

I am done voicing my opinion here, and I am done listening to and/or considering the opinions of others. Apparently, we aren't mature enough as a community here to handle such matters. Being a forum for technical discussion, I'll limit my activity here to only such, and I encourage any other posters to do the same. Eliminating the "opinion" from the information here will surely keep the arguing down, even if it has the effect of limiting the trade of information, sadly. At least until we all grow up and realize how little our personal opinions really matter. As far as I am concerned, "IMO" is now a black flag. Recently it has been almost impossible to sort through what is opinion and what is fact... this in itself is the biggest threat to our new user population. From now on, if I can't back it up with documentation, I'm not posting it, and if something I read can't be backed up with documentation, I will assume it isn't true. I hope more users follow suit.

Last edited by PSD 60L Fx4; 08-31-2005 at 01:29 AM.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:14 AM
opposable
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is too bad, it really is. I have been lurking about here for several months before I got my own handle (was using a friend's), and I certainly knew whose opinions were worth reading and whose were worth skipping over. Your posts, along with most other users', were worth reading.

Old 08-31-2005, 08:31 AM
Kep4
Jäger
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I've learned alot from your posts and responses to other posts.

I'm glad you're still going to stay around. Anyone crazy enough to melt down their engine and smart enough to fix it themselves can't be all bad!

Old 08-31-2005, 09:08 AM
kw5413
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I understand the "sometimes it just ain't worth it syndrome".

BTW: I have always appreciated your opinions as well as the opinions of others as it is not a black and white world in which we live.

Thanks Matt, for all of your opinions as well as your technical support.

Old 08-31-2005, 09:25 AM
juniorf350
Senior User
that truely sucks matt i will just have to call you when i need a little help

just wondering if you tried the banjo bolt mod and accelator pump mod yet?

look foward to talking to you soon one way or another.

Old 08-31-2005, 09:58 AM
Daryl Hunter
Cargo Master
So I guess this means you won't tell me if this truck makes my butt look big?

Old 08-31-2005, 10:09 AM
efoster_01
Senior User
I dunno Daryl, from the sound Matt's statement he is still going to share fact based information. (just my attempt to integrate into the jovile part of the community that im already fond of.) And Matt as others have expressed I always enjoy your input on topics here, I agree with the statement on fact based comments, in my proffesion I deal with alot of information based on emotion. I am guilty of using IMO and such but I like to think my opinion is based on personall experience, and maybe that would be a more suitable phrase to use, and your post has opened my eyes to the fact that for now on, I can save folks alot of time and curiosity if I included detailed information to support my comments I base on my personall experience. wow im long winded.

Anyhow, keep keepin on and ill see you on the boards.
Bone

Old 08-31-2005, 10:41 AM
SpartanDieselTech
Former Vendor
I dont plan on leaving Although I do appreciate the comments.

But in all honestly, simply ignoring and not participating in the BS is the only way it will ever stop. The purpose of even posting this is to help encourage others to do the same- don't participate in it, just ignore it, and if you see a user constantly badgering the same BS over and over, there IS a block function

Originally Posted by juniorf350
just wondering if you tried the banjo bolt mod and accelator pump mod yet?
I ripped the banjo bolt mod off from the diesel stop, but me and a few others have been running KB boost-a-pumps before DJ even learned what an inline voltage amplifier is

BTW, did they ever let Choke come back? I haven't even looked over there in about 3 weeks now...

Last edited by PSD 60L Fx4; 08-31-2005 at 10:43 AM.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:50 AM
Bear Hunter
Posting Guru
Thats too bad IMO

..seriously though, I used to be quite active here until I got tired of the bashing...so I kinda know where your coming from.

Old 08-31-2005, 11:18 AM
Beachbumcook
Got Diesel?
Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
Matt... I agree with you 100% and I to have felt this way of late.

I have appreciated your technical insight and technical posts you have given... even if they were your opinion, they were based on "real world" experiences.

I agree that facts are more important than fiction (opinion)...

People will have differences on "which oil", but it is not until someone posts the specs for two or threee kinds can one try and interpret them. I ask about by-pass oil filters and before and after oil analysis and get blasted in looking for "evidance that they work". Others give opinions on chips and tuners, then we find out this is what they sell. OIl is the same way, some "love" Amsoil, but then you find out they are distributor... makes you wonder if it is opinion or fact that they are posting???

However, in an "open community and forum", we all have to be smart enough to look at all sides and make our own value judgements and not what we see or hear as gospel - at least all the time. I am amazed at the questions that get asked that can be answered by reading one's own owners manaul!!!!

I get sick and tired of people complaining about these trucks and Ford's denial when they now certain mods may have an effect... then they EXPECT Ford to pay for it.

Obviously, some come to this site to "bitch and vent" and nothing more. Others try to act important since they aren't in real life... but here they are annominous. Others like me, yourself, and many others have a real love for our trucks (6.0L motor trucks) and have fun surfing this site and offering help where we can.

I, for one, have always tried to back up from which website information came from, pictures, TSB's and the like so others could judge the quality of my post... because again, many do not know if they can trust me or not... but you can!!

Of the Ford and diesel sites I visit, this one creates the most "hatred, bashing, complaining and general feeling of bad feelings" than other sites... maybe becuase it is so popular???

Matt, thanks for the past advice and I look forward to reading more of it in the future.

Thanks,

Jeff

Old 08-31-2005, 11:21 AM
juniorf350
Senior User
Originally Posted by PSD 60L Fx4
I ripped the banjo bolt mod off from the diesel stop, but me and a few others have been running KB boost-a-pumps before DJ even learned what an inline voltage amplifier is

BTW, did they ever let Choke come back? I haven't even looked over there in about 3 weeks now...
no they wont let him back in i guess. thats to bad i got a lot of information from him as from you. do you notice a difference with this mod? i was thinking of just doing the banjo bolts. one other thing the 05s have one more banjo bolt on the fuel filter houseing im wondering if i should do that bolt too. i wonder if that would help too.

Old 08-31-2005, 11:36 AM
ryaneverk2
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Worst part of it is, they deleted ALL of Choke's old posts, as if he never existed... He had a TON of posts with a LOT of useful information to go back and read through.

At least he has his other site now, and he's real active there.

PS - Daryl, since this is just going to be fact-based now, let's skip the opinions and BS and just lay it on the line: you have a huge butt.

Old 08-31-2005, 01:02 PM
EnviroCon
Postmaster
I would be bummed.

Matt- I'm with you on ignoring the people that are clearly either trying to start flame wars or simply lack the maturity and social skills to at least present their opinion's in a somewhat reasoned way. I believe that you would be doing a great disservice to the board if you were to stop voicing your "opinion" and only chime in when you have "facts." Since a "fact" in any technical discussion generally means anything that can be proven through the use of widely accepted scientific methodology. Fact's may be hard to come by and I for one value your opinion. Having the technical expertise and experience you have, put's you in a situation that your going to run into a lot of people who believe they have all the answer's, yet refuse to state how they came to that conclusion, or where they got that info, and you know they're wrong. Ignoring these people is your best bet. Trust me I know how you feel. I currently have an M.S. in Political Science in the areas of International Relations and International Political Economy, and I am working on my Ph.D, and I here people constantly giving their opinion on international political issues, and I'm sure that they're only source for these conclusions are, at best, Uncle Bob, who is illiterate and never been out of his two horse town. It's impossible to persuade these people otherwise. And believe it or not, those of us that are technically inept when it comes to engines are able to weed-out the chaff from the wheat. We have a good idea who's opinion we should pay attention to and who's is little more than inexperienced crap. Anecdotal or circumstantial evidence from the right source is just as valuable as fact. And I would like to continue to be able to learn from both what you know as fact and what your opinion is.

Old 08-31-2005, 01:07 PM
kw5413
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
EnviroCon? You know my Uncle BoB?

Sorry, just a little swing at humor in trying times.

Old 08-31-2005, 01:25 PM
Keeseter CO
Senior User
Originally Posted by Daryl Hunter
So I guess this means you won't tell me if this truck makes my butt look big?
Only on Wednesdays. ;-)

Matt - sad to hear that, but completely understand. I viewed your given opinion as based largely on fact and experience and a lot of what you said in my 4-month research period prior to buying this truck influenced my confidence in what I wanted. Thanks!

Quick Reply: No More Opinions