Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > Alberta Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Alberta Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-24-2005, 12:45 AM
Senior User

Ken aka Savage is starting off with a positive reputation.
Cool No Quit or Surrender is still my motto

Howdy Friends, just a short note to let you in on the latest news in my war against Cancer... I have been healing up well following the surgery & the weekly AFP blood test numbers have been dropping slowly over the last 6 weeks the test results I got last week from the previous weeks test showed the AFP Tumor marker # was down to #161, but I just got off the phone with the folks at the Cancer Clinnic, last weeks AFP blood test has jumped back up again, the latest AFP Tumor marker test is #246. So I will be starting another series of Chemo Treatments probably starting next Monday. We had been hoping the battle was over, but such isn't the case. Anyway I would really appreciate your thoughts & prayers as this battle continues. No Quit or Surrender is still my motto, but I feel like I just got kicked in the teeth, which only serves to make me mad. Regardless of the negative medical reports I will soldier on, this is a fight to the finnish.
--Ken
True Gun Control is hitting what you aim at!
Old 08-24-2005, 12:59 AM
Post Fiend

mustange70 has a good reputation on FTE.mustange70 has a good reputation on FTE.
alittle thought on this: This kinda reminds me of that one single solitary misquoite thats buzzing around your head at night when your trying to get to sleep, then about 10 minutes later you've had and you smash that little bugger like bigfoot mashing poor little chevy's at the local monster truck event .

But nones the less, sounds like you have the best attitude toward this , so best of luck and you will beat this thing.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:57 PM
Senior User

Red face

Howdy All! Just made it home yesterday from our southern swing... we headed on south to Red Deer to visit some old friends. My friends wife is in the latter stages of her 8 year battle with Cancer & according to the Doctors she isn't expected to live for much more than another month or so. We celibrated her 52 birthday together on Sunday.
I started my new Chemo protocol @ 07:45hrs today, I am still determined to win this war. Half Hearted Attempts have not a Battle Won, so I will soldier on, No Quit or Surrender!
--Ken
ps; My F350 crew cab 4x4 7.3 PSD & camper running 110-120 Kmh (65-70 mph) most of the way with a few blasts up to 140Kmh (90 mph) to pass slow Motorhomes & Minivans turned in a respectable 18.1 Mpg for the trip.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:00 PM
Senior User

Red face

I made it through the first day of the latest Chemtherapy session today, I felt very tired & wasted, had some problems with nausea. Only 3 more days to this Chemo session, I expect the noticeable side effects such as hair loss with-in a week or two, guess thats not that big of a deal. When & got home from the hospital & layed down for a short nap (was dead to the world for 3 hours) when I got up my wife made me some soup, I am thinking of going back to bed again soon.
--Ken
Old 08-30-2005, 11:34 PM
Post Fiend

mustange70 has a good reputation on FTE.mustange70 has a good reputation on FTE.
Man if i ever run into a problem like this i hope to have half the spirit you do, best of luck to both of you ken .
Old 09-12-2005, 10:54 PM
Senior User

Digger6 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Good luck. My thoughts are with you.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:36 AM
Senior User

Unhappy

Howdy, my next Chemo runs next week September 19-23/05, which kinda sux, because my Moose Hunting draw opens September 24, but I will likely be too sick to get out hunting for at least a few days after that... .
Whatever doesn't kill me, only serves to make me stronger! No Quit or Surrender in this battle with Cancer!
--Ken
Old 09-26-2005, 10:28 PM
Senior User

jenral is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hope your getting better Ken......if it helps I got my moose here allready.....lol. and the hair thing is overated..chicks like bald heads. At least that's what they tell me while they're laughing thier asses off at me...
Old 09-26-2005, 10:28 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > Alberta Chapter

Tags
ford, motto, quit, truck