Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Got My Excursion-Revisit Subs in Rear Doors?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 07:01 PM
smokeater
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Just Got My Excursion-Revisit Subs in Rear Doors?????

Hello everyone,

I'm new to FTE. I purchased an '05 X xlt V10 used with 9,000 miles. I got a really good deal on it. (My wife is the assistant service manager for a ford dealership) I've had it for two weeks and love it. The only problem I have is the stock radio stinks. I have read all the threads from a couple years ago about putting subs in the rear doors. I wanted to revisit this to see if anyone came up with new ideas, or have done this and have any good tips. I have 2 Rockford Fosgate 10" subs and an amp from my last truck that I would love to mount in the rear doors. Also can anyone recommend good speakers to replace the stock speakers. Any info would be appreciated...

-Smokeater

Lansing, IL

Old 08-14-2005, 10:24 AM
agoodwin1
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I put Subs in the rear doors. They make a great place out of the way. The only thing is you have to seal the inner part of the door for good bass response. Fiberglass a box inside the doors with fiber board. Let it cure and dinomat it inside. Also I had my friend make me some custome door pannels and streched vinyl over them to match the the color. They were JL's 10" subs. To bad I don't have my 2000 Ex anymore. That's the vehicle I put them in. Since then I have owned two different Excursions. The new one is a 04 Eddie Bauer. I like this one the best out of the other two. But no subs in the rear doors yet. One other thing is placement of the amps. Do you remove the spare tire and mount them there? I think not you need a spare tire. Under the seat, inside the jack pannel in the back. This was a problem for me hope you can place the amps in a good place as I never really worked this matter out.(Under the seat is where mine went) C/ya Later Andrew