Aerostar Ford Aerostar

give a little, take a little.

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 08:33 AM
x.l.r.8
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
give a little, take a little.

For those of you that knew please read past this bit, 2 years ago i got an AWD 91 EXT, although pleased with it the transmission seal went and after replacing it it went again, this led me to a rebuild of the oil pump and another seal, during this time I had a suspicion that it wasn't truly locking into 4WD so after doing a few searches on this forum I found the module was not working, (it wasn't there) so off to the breakers I went and for $40 got one, plugged it in and a mini disco was going off with the light, to cut a long story short i bypassed the module and I have AWD when I flick a switch, perfect for me. So 2 months ago another one (95) turned up for $200, a new screed a bit of twidling and a muffler saw it through safty. So far it's done 3300 without missing a beat.
I would never have got another Aerostar if I wern't sure that I could get the help to keep them running, so another AWD turned up (92) for $250 that had a new transmission and a good running engine (it was also a standard length one) knowing that the OD on the 91 was playing up I brought it with the purpose of using the transmission for the old van and the little bits for my new aquisition. this is where the title come in, I got the van at a bargin price, so everything else is surplus (unless it's going in either of the other vans) trim and other odds and sods are up for grabs for free, all I want is postage (I think I can find a box to put this stuff in) I'm in Ontario, Canada between Collingwood and Toronto if anyone in those areas needs stuff, drop me a mail at (my username(at)talk21(dot)com) or PM me and it's yours, i know someone was after the rear plastic heater control pannel and I have one of those, any other trim parts of eletrical parts are for free. there's loads of good stuff inc lights, glass, mirrors, windows, lock set, window actuaters, infact if it's unscrew/boltable if available. The previous owner kept the van running (even had new plugs and leads last year, and thats some commitment on these vans), however thats about all he did do, the seats are not available, I wouldn't give those away to someone I hated, there soem internal trim (grey) and a good tailgate/hood (met green). so email me and I'll post whatever your after for the cost of postage or locals are welcome to pick up parts. I hope this gets someone out of a bind without having to pay a considerable amount of money for a new part to go with there 15 year old van. Make sure you mention FTE in the mail of I may charge you for the parts (Please note none of the items are for sale they are free as I am clearing up what I have left over, YOU CANNOT PAY ME FOR THESE ITEMS)

Last edited by x.l.r.8; 08-04-2005 at 08:42 AM.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:37 AM
Racerguy
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Please remember that ads of any sort aren't allowed in the forums so keep this behind the scenes in your emails or private messages.
If we allow ads then pretty soon all the forums would be like a big flea market and the tech info would be hard to find.
This thread will self-destruct in 10...9....

Old 08-04-2005, 08:47 AM
x.l.r.8
Senior User
Sorry, I did think of using the classifieds but I'm not trying to sell or make any kind of gain what so ever, just help those who helped me keep the van running when i couldn't justify the costs of more spare parts not knowing if that was going to cure the problem. If this post becomes an issue pleasefeel free to delete it and I'll put an add in the classifieds, of start a who wants what kind of thread rather than any sponsors feeling like I am trying take away buisness, if I couldn't afford $290 for a AWD module it wouldn't matter who was selling it, however if it were for free and it still didn't work then nothing ventured nothing gained. however as I said if it becomes an issue delete away.

Last edited by x.l.r.8; 08-04-2005 at 08:48 AM. Reason: cause i spell like a retard
Old 08-04-2005, 12:47 PM
96_4wdr
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
thanks xlr8
since Ferd has negative influence and desire to produce the unique parts for these Beasts of Burder, we have to rely on the junke yard/used parts centers and good will of owners of parts Carcasses to keep ours on the road.

don't look for Ferd to produce the unique Aero parts much longer. '97 was a long time ago.
And the numbers on the road are rapidly decreasing, so large aftermarket manuf.s' won't have the bottom line incentive.
the auto trannys, especially the 100% electronic 4r44 4r55's are one of the most expensive to buy rebuilt.

Maybe they will become the new '57 Chev?
Know what an orginal Nomad tailgate goes for? or an original spotless 57 windshield with GM manuf logo in glass?

Old 08-04-2005, 03:44 PM
Muffinman
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thats why I got two myself.

My sister bought a Ford Freestar and after looking at it I still need my Aero. Will Ford ever see the sell's they are missing. We all know the only thing close out there is a GM Cough, Cough!!

Old 09-05-2005, 05:59 PM
xuzme720
Elder User
too bad none of it's tan....I could use a new trim panel for the pass side rear. oh well, guess with the trans acting like it is atm, trim panels are the least of my worries. thanks from everyone here though. not many selfless acts anymore. we can always use more like you x.l.r.8.