General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

NFL Sunday Ticket commercial, driving me crazy

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 09:31 AM
Tomcat7742
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NFL Sunday Ticket commercial, driving me crazy

Anyone else seen this DirecTV commercial they have for their NFL Sunday Ticket service? It has Peyton Manning, Barry Sanders a few other NFL stars, and an extremely annoying guy wearing a Bears jersey singing a song.

I love football and I love my DirecTV service but I can not stand this commercial. If it comes on I either change the channel or pause it and fast forward after a minute or two.

Now if they could replace all of these guys with the woman from the Overstock.com commercials

- Chris

Old 07-23-2005, 09:47 AM
00BlueOvalRanger
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tomcat:

I haven't seen the commercial, but, IF the young lady from the Overstock.com commercial does ANYTHING . . .
I'm watching!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-23-2005, 09:55 AM
tjay460
Senior User
My 2yr. old loves that commercial she dances to the music. I want to shoot my TV when it comes on. Kind of shows the mental age the ad targets.

40 yr old guys that love broadway musicals.

Old 07-23-2005, 04:30 PM
Aztrainer
Posting Guru
I had a nightmare about that stupid song. We often sleep with the TV on and I had a dream that I was being chased by oompa loompas, but they were all Chicago Bears.

I am dead serious about this and I absolutely HATE!!!!!! That song.

It is like "It's a small world after all." You hear it and it is stuck in your brain all day long.

Old 07-23-2005, 05:39 PM
whowey
Senior User
Is that the one with Dick Butkus in the Bears Jersey? Or the one with the George Wendt look-alike?

Barry Sanders is also in one of them.

Old 07-23-2005, 06:22 PM
Aztrainer
Posting Guru
Yes to all. It depends on how they edit them. There are two versions LONGGGGGGGGGGGG and short.

Old 07-23-2005, 06:26 PM
fordguy101
Senior User
Originally Posted by Aztrainer
I had a nightmare about that stupid song. We often sleep with the TV on and I had a dream that I was being chased by oompa loompas, but they were all Chicago Bears.

It is like "It's a small world after all." You hear it and it is stuck in your brain all day long.
Your killing me with laughter lol. I just like that commerical because it has Peyton Manning in it. fordguy101

Old 07-23-2005, 08:26 PM
markgilmore1322
Senior User
Originally Posted by Aztrainer

Dude, I almost snarfed water all over my laptop

Some of my 1 year old's toys which play music do this to me. . . I'll be sitting at work, and next you know annoying sounds are popping into my head.

Old 07-24-2005, 04:45 AM
70blue
Postmaster
I got a simple solution to crap tv. Between work, my current projects and Fte I have no time whatsoever for tv. I actually do not miss it a bit I think I actually turned the tv on once this year. There was a man on the phone with another man asking him for a date, as soon as I saw that click the tv went off.

Old 07-24-2005, 04:10 PM
Aztrainer
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by markgilmore1322
Dude, I almost snarfed water all over my laptop

Some of my 1 year old's toys which play music do this to me. . . I'll be sitting at work, and next you know annoying sounds are popping into my head.
Oh, just wait about the toys they are getting more and more annoying the older they get. I have spent the last couple of December 26ths with a screwdriver and a wireclipper.

Son or Daughter: Dad, my toy is not playing anymore.
Me: Um, it must be burned out.
Son or daugther : Could you try to fix it.
Me: Sure (Stay in the garage for 30 mins and return to say I cannot find the trouble.)

Old 07-26-2005, 08:02 AM
berkad
Posting Guru
Makes me want to cancel my NFL ticket. Thank goodness I have TIVO.

Old 07-26-2005, 09:28 AM
FghtinIrshNvrDie
Postmaster
I haven't seen the commercial. sounds like something I shouldn't feel bad about missing. Yeah, it's hard to find out who they're targeting the commercial for sometimes. I am part of harrispolls.com, and they ask a lot of questions about commercials. So, basicly, I enter my age/sex/interests, and they determine what commercials work, and what commercials don't. Don't worry fellas, I try to retain every ounce of 'normalness' that we would not mind seeing on the television. sorry for being tongue tied. I hope you can all understand my post.

Ryan

Old 07-26-2005, 09:56 AM
slmann
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hate that commercial too. I have to turn that channel when it comes on. The bad thing is reading this got it stuck in my head so now I have to go find a wall to bang my head against.

Old 07-26-2005, 09:59 AM
ddrumman2004
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have to wonder who writes or thinks up those stupid commercials for direct tv. That NFL Sunday ticket commercial is the worst, followed by their stupid one's for moving....the folks living in the slanted apartment only to move to another slanted apartment. When the NFL comes on....I mute the sound.

AOL commercials are pretty bad too......especially the one where the guy is supposed to be spam and walks into the closed door. Let's not forget the one where the two guys are going through a buffet line and that one guy dumps all that food on the other guy's plate, demonstrating spam and virius. Geez!

Old 07-26-2005, 11:07 AM
Tuvanhillbilly
Tuned
C'mon-- doesn't anyone know what the song is a parody of? Remember the original "Willie Wonka" movie? When Charlie got his golden ticket? The song was "I got a Golden Ticket"-- same tune!

Quick Reply: NFL Sunday Ticket commercial, driving me crazy