Nova Scotia Join Chapter, Leader:

Bossind

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 01:50 PM
MatthewC
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bossind

Do you know what the name of that junkyard in Woodstock is, and exactly whee it is? Im up there every week on business and thought I would stop in there.

-Matt

Old 07-11-2005, 09:18 PM
bossind
Elder User
I don't know bud but I hear its good, sounds like a road trip to me! I know someone that knows where it is, I'll email them for directions.

Old 07-12-2005, 03:33 PM
MatthewC
Elder User
Never mind, I found it. Its on Route 105 across the river from Woodstock about 5 minutes outside of town right on the road. Ive also heard they have just about everything and at decent prices too.

-Matt

Old 07-13-2005, 06:54 PM
MatthewC
Elder User
Im on a mission:

It was a slow day today so I caught a drive with a friend in the company while he made his rounds up in Perth and Bath in his transport. I got in, and lo and behold, he had beautiful grey leather seats with armrests that looked like they would fit quite snugly in the Bronco. What a coincidence! I saw about 10 or 11 wrecked transports at Sharps. Guess where im going monday.......

-Matt

Old 07-13-2005, 07:20 PM
bossind
Elder User
I have leather in my bronco and its the way to go! When I called the dealer when I was looking to buy my bronco he said it had leather and I thought oh thats not something I want, but he said leather was the best thing, glad he talked me into it, don"t think I could own a truck now with out it. So easy to clean! Holds up amazingly well, much better than cloth would. Is Sharps the junkyard in woodstock?

Old 07-13-2005, 07:45 PM
MatthewC
Elder User
Yeah, and its the only jusnkyard ive seen so far with semi's in the lot. So far the only bucket seats I have seen so far with arm rests were minivans, and they didnt look wide enough for me to be comfortable. The seats I was in today were just perfect. Ill bring my camera with me next week and take some pics if any of those junkers have seats in them. And if all goes well, some pics of me ripping them out, pics of me paying for them, pics of me loading them in the van, and pics of me giggling back to Fredericton.

-Matt

Old 07-13-2005, 08:06 PM
bossind
Elder User
With the bronco seat brackets I think you"ll be able to just about make any seat work, so if you find a set I think you will have little trouble making them work.

Old 07-16-2005, 10:02 PM
MatthewC
Elder User
Well I did some more scouting work at Sharps on friday. All of the transport trucks were empty. I was told they are a hot commodity. Oh well, I looked around some more, and found a possible gem. There was a early/mid 90's model Mercury Cougar ith nice grey leather buckets with power. The drivers side seat had a tear on the bottom left side, but I could use that on the passenger side of the Bronco, and that would be hidden by the console. The passesnger side seat in the Cougar was in really good condition. They were pretty comfortable, a definate step up from what I have now. Didnt check a price, but the guy said that seats go for pretty cheap. Heck, he offered me four Aerostar bucket seats for a hundred bucks. They were pretty dirty though. I think ill head up there thursday or friday with my tools, do a little more reconniasance, but probably get those Cougar seats. Power shouldnt be too hard to rig up.

-Matt

Old 07-17-2005, 03:21 PM
bossind
Elder User
Cool, can you see if he has a 94 and up 5.8l engine? Don't care if its running or not, looking for a rebuild unless it has low milage. 94 and up has the roller cam.

Old 07-19-2005, 02:32 PM
MatthewC
Elder User
Boss. $60. Sixty dollars! Thats what they wanted for both of those seats. They are getting ripped out on friday. I checked on an engine for you, and they have a couple 91-92 351's, and an early 90's 5.0.

-Matt

Old 07-19-2005, 02:38 PM
bossind
Elder User
Dam thats a good price! Thanks for looking into the engines for me. I have 2 1992s 5.8l already but roller cam didn't come out till 94 in the 5.8s so I'll just keep looking. If you know someone that needs a 5.8l send them my way I have 2 for sell.

Thanks bud.

Old 07-21-2005, 03:46 PM
MatthewC
Elder User
Well I went there today to get the seats. Once there I thought I would walk around and look some more. I saw some other seats that would have done, but upon a closer look were in too bad a shape. I finally found a pair of seats. Tan in color, with adjustable head rests, vinyl and cloth, just like the Bronco's seats. They were perfect! Clean, and intact with not a nick or tear. But......

They came out of a Cherokee......how embarrasing. Oh well, they'll do the trick.

-Matt

Old 07-30-2005, 08:39 PM
MatthewC
Elder User
Hey Steve.

Thanks alot for the metal, they came in really handy. Let me know what you want for cash. I was hoping I would be there so we could meet, but we were already on the road to Grand Lake. Unfortunately the BBQ kissed the pavement on the 4 lane at 120kph......talk about lauging my butt off on the side of the road. The old mans gonna pick up a new one tomorrow. Ill post some pics of the new seats mounted soon, as well as the new floor carnage I discovered when I pulled the carpet up.

-Matt

Old 07-31-2005, 04:28 AM
bossind
Elder User
I'm surprise you didn't make the news with the bbq. No cash nessary just glad to help a fellow ford guy and a bronco guy at that. Best of luck.