Scared The Dealer Finance Guy

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 06:31 PM
Forrest_F150
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scared The Dealer Finance Guy

the dealership i bought my F150 from has called me back twice since i bought my truck.....

1st time they needed my x-plan pin#.. i tried to give it to them when we closed the deal but they said they didn't need it.... even though they gave me the $500 x-plan rebate that i had to tell them about....

2nd time they said little rock needed 3 more references.. unno names, addresses and phone numbers.... i'm not wure what this means as i was approved for the ford credit loan etc etc..

so, i went in to give them the 3 people's information... and i asked the finance guy when i would have a ford motor credit account number.. he said that they needed the additional references to send it in to ford credit... i told him i have to have the truck registred by the end of the month (30 days) and that i wanted to get everything in ford credit's system (account #, balance etc.) so that i could then have my bank pay it off (lower interest rate by 3+ percentage points) before i went to register the vehicle...... i want to register the vehicle with my lien holder not forld credit.....

he was taken back by this because he thought i had to wait 90 days in order to get the $1000 ford motor credit rebate.......

i smiled at him and said that there was nothing that i signed that said i had to wait 90 days.... =) i even pointed out to him on the ford motor credit application that is says twice (once on the front and once on the back) that there are NO pre-payment penalities on the loan... he tried to convince me that i would not get the $1000 rebate....

i didn't buy it... the dealship wants their kickback on the sky-high interest ratge they gave me.. and from what i understand the account holder has to keep the account for 90 days in order for them to recieve the kick back....

too bad.. soo sad as far as i am concerned.... the dealership knew i was going to refinance in 90 days so they gave me a 7.75% interest rate so they could get a higher kickback from ford credit... even though i had a 782 credit score.......they even told me it was the best they could do....

so as soon as i get an account number with ford credit... it'll be paid off that day.....and if ford credit gives me any flak i'll tell them i never signed anything that described rebate conditions....nor was i ever able to find docuemntation about a 90 day requirement, not online, not in any paperwork....

i swear the games these dealerships play.....

Old 05-13-2005, 06:38 PM
BillC
Elder User

I can see the finance guy shaking in his boots!

Old 05-13-2005, 06:48 PM
Danko
Senior User
Forrest, I would like to congratulate you on that credit score!!!!!

Old 05-13-2005, 08:58 PM
pumpdriver20
Senior User

Forrest F150,

I had waited about 2-3 weeks for my acct. number from Ford Credit so I could pay it off thru my bank. Since I hadn't received anything I called the 800 number. All I got was a computer voice. It gave me all the acct. numbers, pay off, and anything else the bank needed. Never talked to a real person. Couldn't have been easier. Just like it says on the paper work...there is no penalty for prepayment, it's only for their benefit for you to have the loan for 90 days.

Old 05-13-2005, 09:57 PM
Nitramjr
Postmaster

My dealer actually told me about financing thru FMC to get the rebate and then paying it off for a lower rate. I wonder when Ford Credit will smarten up.

I almost feel guilty NOT financing with Ford Credit since back in the day when I had no credit, Ford Credit gave me loans when noone else would. I don't understand why they don't offer competitive rates for people with good scores. The local bank beat FMC by 2.5 points when I bought my Hybrid in March.

Old 05-14-2005, 12:16 AM
Forrest_F150
Senior User
in my case i think it was because my salesman knew i was going to pay it off in 90 days..... so he told the finance guy.... the finance guy figured heck if he's going to have his bank pick it up in 90 days then i'll stick him with a high interest rate so we can get more of a kickback from ford motor credit....

i have a friend of a friend who is a finance manager and he told me they tell people all the time that it's the lowest APR "The Bank" will give you... when in fact the finance guy is himself a salesman.... the finance guy sells loans... the higher the rate he gets you to accept the more money for him and the dealership... seriously.. that's how it works......

why do you think dealerships draw a line between the salesman and the finance guy?.. they want you to believe the fiance guy doesn't do any negotiating... they want you to believe the wheelin and dealin happens outside of his office... and when you get to his office that you are at the mercy of the bank rates.....

Old 05-14-2005, 12:33 AM
polarbear
Post Fiend
Can I enter a little thought in here...If you know you're going to pay off the FMC paper early to get the rebate, why would you tell the guy who's going to get dinged on his paycheck when the chargeback comes through ahead of time? Think this one through for a second. There is such a thing as too much information- that includes the salesperson, the F&I guy, and anyone else you might need at some point in time at the dealership.

Last edited by polarbear; 05-14-2005 at 12:35 AM.
Old 05-14-2005, 09:13 AM
Forrest_F150
Senior User
because i need them to send the paperwork through by the end of this month (30 days to register) so i can have enough time to get the FMC loan paid off and have my bank as the lien holder so i can go get the truck registered....

so i asked him when i would have a FMC account number... he said as soon as he sends the 3 additional references and my packet to little rock.. he said FMC has to "purchase" the loan....i told him it needs to be really soon.... he said i have until the end of the month... i said no i don't......

i need at least a week to have my bank payoff the FMC loan and to have all the paper work through........thats when we had the 90 day argument....

sure i could have lied to ensure he didn't find out that I was going to refinance in less then 90 days.. but....

1) He and the Salesman LIED to me when they told me I had to keep the loan for 90 days.........flat out LIED...

2) The Finance guy LIED to me when he told me 7.75 was the best rate "FMC" would give me.....flat out LIED....

3) The Finance guy tried to charge me a $99 documention fee even though X-Plan purcahsers are NOT subject to ANY fees as dictacted in the Terms of the X-Plan..........flat out incomptece....

3) The Finance guy, Salesman and the Dealership as a whole failed to tell me about the $500 X-PLan Rebate.... flat out incompetence....

as far as i am concerned he nor the dealship DESERVES whatever kick back they would normally get if i kept the FMC loan for 90 days......

The TRIED to take advantage of me and it came back to BITE them in the end.... So I enjoyed telling the Snakes that I would be paying off the loan in less than 90 days........

Old 05-14-2005, 11:21 AM
polarbear
Post Fiend
Right- I understand all that. Just drill 'em after the paper's bought and the deals put to bed.

Old 05-14-2005, 02:22 PM
pumpdriver20
Senior User

I always act like I don't know anything about buying vehicles. When they keep asking the same stupid questions..."what do you want your payment to be? What do you expect for a trade? How are you going to finace?...Yada yada yada... I just keep saying "I don't know or I'm not sure". I play this act out until I've settled on an exact vechicle. I've already done my research on my trade and the vechicle I want. I had a saleman ask me one timel "You have not even asked how much we are asking for the car". I replied "I don't care how much your asking...I already know how much I will give you for it". He didn't say much after that. I don't tell them anything I don't want them to know. When I bought my '04 F250 they wanted to run my credit before we started to look at what they had. I told them my credit will not be a problem. They like to pull some crap!

Old 05-14-2005, 06:10 PM
4wd
Elder User
Unhappy Pumpdriver

I guess I am a bit dense here. From what you have said, you are dealing with a bunch of liars (your words). My question is ---why? It is your money, and from what I have read on here, after my short time, is that there are good forthrite and very informed Ford salesmen out there like Polar Bear, and '56 MarkII. When I bought my F-350 pickup last Dec., I also ran into what I felt were less than honest answers to my questions from a couple of car dealerships, I just kept moving on to other dealerships till I found a sales mgr I could trust, and that is where I did my business. Sometimes carma means everything in car dealing, or any kind of business dealings. When it's right, the deal is right! I sure wouldn't do business with folks I felt were less than honest with me. And Yes, I do want them to make a profit from me so they will stay in business and be there for my next trade. These guys all have families, house payments, maybe car payments etc. That is the American way! ? I don't get so darn hung up on price that I end up s-crewing myself long term.

Last edited by 4wd; 05-14-2005 at 06:20 PM.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:37 PM
powerglide
New User
Dealers and FI guys lie as a course of business. I feel no bad for them. What goes around always , comes around.

Old 05-15-2005, 10:58 PM
polarbear
Post Fiend
powerglide "Dealers and FI guys lie as a course of business. I feel no bad for them. What goes around always , comes around."

A dishonest dealer, salesman, or F&I person is someone who doesn't plan on being in business...or at the same dealership...in five years. That's just about how long it takes.

Old 05-16-2005, 06:21 AM
jade97
More Turbo
Received 75 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by Forrest_F150

1st time they needed my x-plan pin#.. i tried to give it to them when we closed the deal but they said they didn't need it.... even though they gave me the $500 x-plan rebate that i had to tell them about....
I will be taking delivery of our Five Hundred, as soon as it arrives. This was an X-Plan order.

Where can I get the info on this $500 X-Plan rebate???? Polarbear, Jeff???

Zip 18073

Old 05-16-2005, 07:39 AM
Forrest_F150
Senior User
jade,

tell your dealership to run a Smart Vincent on the VIN of your 500. Smart Vincent is an online website for dealers to check for rebates, among other things.....

my salesman ran one but forgot to check a box indicating that it was a X-Plan deal so at first the $500 X-Plan rebate did not show up...... after he checked X-Plan it showed up......i believe the Rebate Program Number is 9562

However, I live in Arkansas, and your zip is in Pennsylvania, so I think we are in 2 different regions... Don't be surprised if the rebate is not offered in your region....