Illinois Chapter Join Chapter Leader: wpnaes

Something to think about

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 10:26 AM
Fastronald
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Something to think about

I'd like to offer the Illinois Chapter members this to think about.

The Illinois Chapter was born in September of 2004 in Countryside at Sundown Meadows Forest Preserve.

No later than the end of August of this year, we would be able to accept nominations for officers positions in the Chapter.

I would encourage EVERYONE to think it over and decide if you would like to become active to run the Illinois Chapter.

We are still taking our first steps to becoming a much larger chapter.

Among our goals, we continue to strive to include everyone as best we can and spread word of the F.T.E. site and our Illinois Chapter.

We could set up an online voting/poll if the members feel that is best.

Give the matter some thought.............if you want to be more involved speak up and submit you name here.

You must also, meet the requirements stipulated by the site in order to serve as an Illinois Chapter Officer.

The Chapter elections would be held in September, either online or at a chapter meeting.

Let us hear your thoughts and opinions and if you are willing to take part.

Fastronald - Illinois Chapter Leader.

Old 05-07-2005, 05:36 PM
JohnT
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

I would definetly be interested in continueing on as a Chapter officer. I really want to be an active member of the Chapter, and do what I can to help the chapter grow. With summer coming, the cruise nites will be starting soon. As Event Coordinator, I will get out to some of the cruise nites and post the locations on the site so that other IL Chapter members will know where to go to show off their Ford trucks.

Old 05-23-2005, 07:32 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
New members

I'd like to encourage our newest members to give they idea some thought as well.

Any and all suggestions are welcome!

Fastronald - Illinois Chapter Leader

Old 06-11-2005, 08:23 AM
Fastronald
Elder User
Elections

There had been interest expressed by some Southern/Central Illinois members in beginning a Southern Chapter.

With elections due in September, perhaps this would be an opportunity to create two "regions" of the Illinois Chapter?

We could work together as one chapter and plan as both a Northern and a Southern "region" as well as one state Chapter?

Let me hear your thoughts on this.

Fastronald - Illinois Chapter Leader.

Old 06-27-2005, 02:14 PM
theracingtouch
Junior User
South and North::::::

Sounds like a great ideal to me. I volunteer to run the sourthern chapter. I have requested to start an extra chapter but managment has yet to contact any of us to let me know it is ok. Thanks for the great ideal Ron.

Hope we can get this set up.

Old 06-27-2005, 07:48 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
Regions

Hi Steve...........I see no reason why we can't make this happen. We need not draw a line through the state, just make events and meetings in two regions to meet members needs.

I fully support you as the Southern "region" Leader. We could always schedule a joint meeting mid-state somewhere some time to discuss plans, etc.

I apologize to all for missing Sundays U.S. 41 event. I had a family matter suddenly happen to take care of. As was mentioned in another thread, this is the first meeting I'd missed, sorry to all Illinois members.

Maybe a joint meeting in the Danville Pizza Hut or maybe Pizza Hut in Charleston?

I'll keep in touch with Steve and we'll begin to set the plans in motion for our "regions".

If any members feel I have not done enough or done a poor job as Chapter Leader during the first year of the Illinois Chapters Life, I will step a side.

I would would John (and Carol) would be a great Northern Region/Chapter Leader as would Bob (Fairmontman).

Fastronald

Last edited by Fastronald; 06-27-2005 at 08:05 PM.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:18 PM
DCP14
New User
Thumbs up

Fastronald, I feel you have done an excellent job as chapter leader. I nominate you for re-election in August.

Old 06-27-2005, 09:25 PM
fairmontman
Junior User
You have done a excellent job as chapter leader fastronald,I nominate you for re-election.

Old 06-28-2005, 06:51 PM
JohnT
Posting Guru
Smile

Fastronald, Carol and I think you've done a great job as Chapter leader, and we too nominate you for re-election.

Old 06-29-2005, 04:58 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
September Elections

Wow..............Thanks guys!

I feel that both John and Bob have been a great assest to the Chapter.

I could not have done much at all with out their help and they should seek re-election as Officers.............maybe Carol become an Officer too?

I would like to see some of our new members take an active role as well.

I will keep in contact with Steve and we can form two "Regions" of the Illinois Chapter.

We could even go so far as to give each region a name of sorts too?

"Chicagoland" - "Windy City", etc. Chapter or "Gateway" - "Capitol" Chapter?

We'll be electing two Regional Chapter Leaders and work together as a state and as two regions.

We could have a Mid - State Meeting once or twice a year to discuss or address issues, events, etc.

Fastronald

Old 06-29-2005, 07:16 PM
DCP14
New User
I'll be Chapter Photographer if no one else filled the position.
D.C.P.

Old 06-29-2005, 07:22 PM
whowey
Senior User
I don't know if I could belong to ANYTHING called 'Chicagoland'

Old 06-29-2005, 07:28 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
Chapter Photographer

Chapter Photographer?............unless someone less wants the position..........I think it's safe to say it's yours. It's been a long time since Tim moved on to other interests.

Old 06-30-2005, 05:53 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
Regions

Thus far the site responce for the regions is mixed at best. I also posted this in the Chapter Leader forum to gage their thoughts, again, mixed results.

I'll continue to see what the official policy is and IF we can really do this without the Chapter being "locked" or something.

With Illinois being ssssssssssssoooooooooo long top to bottom is it a very long and expensive (gas prices) drive now.

I'll keep everyone posted, express your thoughts as well.

Fastronald

Old 07-01-2005, 12:30 PM
JohnT
Posting Guru
Smile

I would be interested in continuing on as Chapter event coordinator, if no one else is interested in that position. I asked Carol if she would be interested in becoming a Chapter officer, but she said that she didn't really want to. Maybe she and I could both handle the event coordinator position?

Quick Reply: Something to think about