2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Toolbox Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 07:04 PM
mkbaquet
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toolbox Question

I posted a thread on "Aftermarket Products" but didn't get a reply yet so I'lll try you guys.
I have an 04 F150 FX4 SCrew. I need to carry my 4-wheeler in back but I also need a crossbed toolbox. The standard size box doesn't allow enough room for the 4-wheeler. I need a 15" or 16" max width toolbox. Do you know who makes one. I would prefer a low-profile aluminum diamond plate cross-bed single lid box BUT, I'll take what I can get.
Thanks alot.
Mike Baquet
Eunice, Louisiana

Old 05-02-2005, 09:58 PM
exiled
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by mkbaquet
I posted a thread on "Aftermarket Products" but didn't get a reply yet so I'lll try you guys.
I have an 04 F150 FX4 SCrew. I need to carry my 4-wheeler in back but I also need a crossbed toolbox. The standard size box doesn't allow enough room for the 4-wheeler. I need a 15" or 16" max width toolbox. Do you know who makes one. I would prefer a low-profile aluminum diamond plate cross-bed single lid box BUT, I'll take what I can get.
Thanks alot.
Mike Baquet
Eunice, Louisiana
Delta makes a low profile 1) is 16" and the other is 177/8" the model is 351000 for the brite alum. checkplate. i just did a search and all i found was the 177/8" so maybe checking w/ delta find find it for you. i prefure the chest you can get them in almost any size and they sit right inside the the bed. they call the narrower chest 5th wheel boxes or trailer boxes.

Old 05-03-2005, 01:27 AM
Birdhunter1
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Are you sreu you didn't post teh depth instead of the width. I think what you are looking for is like a 15-16" wide toolbox from the front of bed towards the back aren't you?

I have a delta, I know it is more than 15 or 16" from the front of bed towards the back but I will have to measure it to know it's exact dimension. If you need the toolbox it sounds like you may have to go with a trailer for the 4 wheeler.

Old 05-03-2005, 04:10 PM
stl1
Freshman User
Check out UWS toolboxs. They may have something that my work. unitedweldingservices.com

Old 05-04-2005, 07:27 AM
exiled
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Birdhunter1
Are you sreu you didn't post teh depth instead of the width. I think what you are looking for is like a 15-16" wide toolbox from the front of bed towards the back aren't you?

I have a delta, I know it is more than 15 or 16" from the front of bed towards the back but I will have to measure it to know it's exact dimension. If you need the toolbox it sounds like you may have to go with a trailer for the 4 wheeler.
more than likely your delta is 177/8" if its a crossover and 20" if its a chest but these are not the only toolboxes delta makes. they have narrow versions. but i think he can get that 4wheeler in there w/ a normal box unless its a big motha.

Old 05-04-2005, 01:13 PM
Champ
Junior User
I got a weather gaurd took chest that runs flush w/ the bed not over the rails.
I cant remember exactly how wide it is though. I believe it was 19 inches? somehting like that. I got a bike that fits no problem after installing the tool chest.

Old 05-06-2005, 02:30 PM
wedge88
Senior User
I ran into the same problem with my ATV but I also wanted a tool box that would hold everything I needed not just one that fit with the ATV because the tool box is in there year round and the ATV is not. I just put on a bed extended. My tool box is 22" deep and I still have plenty of room with the tail gate down. I know some people do not like to travel this way but just throw a strap across the seat of the ATV, throw the coolers alongside and hit the road. Better gas mileage on the trip as well because of free air flow.
Just my .02

Old 05-06-2005, 07:24 PM
mkbaquet
New User
I have a bed extender too. One that folds down to the end of the tailgate...But I have the FX4 Super Crew and it has the extra short bed...5 feet I think. So that is my problem. But I've decided to get the box that I want & need...Like you said, it's in there year rouns and the bike isn't. I'll just pull it in my small trailer.