2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Photos of After Market Stereo Pics wanted

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 10:26 PM
Black-FX4
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Photos of After Market Stereo Pics wanted

Hi,
If you have pics of an after market stereo install please post them and let me know so I can get some ideas.

Thanks,
BFX4

Old 03-31-2005, 11:22 PM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think from your request that you care how the install looks. Makes sense, these are great looking trucks, right?

So, since I have the materials at hand, I thought I would post pictures of something almost as important as the stereo itself, and that is the dash kit you put it in.

So for any lurkers I thought I would toss in a couple basics;

There are three ways easy ways to mount stereos in these trucks.

One: the factory way, Double Din. A single unit that’s twice as tall as a regular radio.
After market double din radios fit nicely with a double din adaptor.
The double din adaptor is the same as the two din adaptor, but with the center bar removed. My pictures show the one from Crutchfield, a Metra.

Two; two single din units. These are shown in my pictures, one with a DVD/Monitor, the other a Kenwood with monitor.

Three; this is the most common. A double to single din adaptor. You can get these almost everywhere.
Note the pictures of the Metra and the Scoschc. The Metra is the one that holds three CD/DVD boxes. The Scoschc holds two.

The Metra here is from Crutchfield. The Scoschc is from an independent dealer, but you can get them many places.

In theory the Metra is the better choice, as you can stuff one more jewel box in it.

The Scoschc is a much more cosmetic unit.
The pictures don’t show the difference very well.

The Metra is brand new, never installed. The Scoschc has had two receivers in it, and has had a hard life.
The Metra kind of sags in the center, and shows a LOT of cheap plastic when it’s installed.
The Scoschc, though cheaper, looks more factory.
Of course your tastes, needs may vary.
Chris