2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roush cluster

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 02:13 PM
JohnnyBoy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Roush cluster

Just got an email from roush... they say tyhat they have to modify the cluster on their trucks to keep the info the same, PATS etc.. can you swap the clusters in the FX4, etc w/ wout modifying anything, or are they right???

Old 02-08-2005, 09:36 PM
JohnnyBoy
Senior User
anybody? I mean I would like to swap a STX cluster for a FX4 mabye? or the Roush

Old 02-09-2005, 01:28 AM
AceSC
Freshman User
I think it would be easier to go with one of the OEM ford clusters in your case. I have heard a lot of F150 owners owners have been succesful with swaping out the STX for a FX4 cluster. I still think the Roush cluster would work. I recently bought one Roush cluster and received one as a present so now I have 2. I have the XLT and the gauges on the Roush cluster are in the same exact place as the XLT, maybe thats what roush means by modifying. I might be wanting to get one of those clusters of my hands, that is my friend doesn't deside to buy it from me. I still haven't had the cluster installed on my truck yet but I'm guessing it should work out fine.

Old 02-09-2005, 07:01 AM
JohnnyBoy
Senior User
thanks. I remember something about the milage actually being programmed into the cluster or something. post some pics of it if you can!

Old 02-09-2005, 11:38 AM
75Player
Senior User
When you make the swap to the FX4 cluster you need to take it to the dealer so they can program the truck to recognize the cluster. All the guages will work without the reprogram, but your automatic dome light and the door ajar chime will NOT work. Also, the display will show the mileage, and dashes (---) where the temp and compass would be displayed.

Can you post a pic of the Roush cluster? I haven't seen one. Thanks.

Old 02-09-2005, 06:05 PM
AceSC
Freshman User
I have posted a picture of the Roush Cluster in my gallery for anyone that would like to check it out.

Old 02-10-2005, 07:54 PM
AceSC
Freshman User
I am trying to figure who can install my Roush Cluster. I have called my local dealership and they asked me if my cluster came with any instructions or a chip. I have emailed some other ppl as well and they told me that Roush is no longer selling the cluster because of the extensive reprograming. Today I ran into my friend and salesman from the Ford Dealer. I asked him about it and he is going to find out for if it can be done by the Ford Truck Service Dept, but if not I guess he knows some ppl at Roush so I can take my truck in to the nearest Roush installer if neccesary. I will post my findings here if anyone is interested.

Old 02-10-2005, 09:52 PM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AceSC, Please post anything you learn. Galpin Ford and Citrus Ford both reprogram the dash here in Southern California. But they can't burn the mileage. A guy who sells stock FX4 clusters on e-bay does program mileage, but it can cost close to a hundred to ship it both ways, and pay him. Dealerships normally charge 85 to program, 85 to swap the cluster. Swaping takes one 7 mm socket and twenty minutes.
Chris

Old 02-11-2005, 10:32 AM
JohnnyBoy
Senior User
Roush said to ME that they WOULD NOT install a cluster in a truck that is not a roush. stuck up sons of ******!

Old 02-11-2005, 07:42 PM
AceSC
Freshman User
I also emailed Roush just before I ran into my friend/salesman from the Ford Dealer. This was what they responded back to me with:

We apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing with your
purchase. In order to help us get your installation question answered,
please let us know what part number your cluster is so we can determine
where to direct you next regarding its installation.

Joe E.
RPP Customer Service

I am still waiting for word from my friend on where to get my cluster installed as soon as I know I will post up what I learn. If I get hooked up right I will definately try and do the same for you guys.

Old 02-11-2005, 11:53 PM
big_saxy
Senior User
if i take a cluster from a wrecked truck and install it on mine will i keep my mileage?

Old 02-12-2005, 11:49 AM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nope. the mileage is in a chip on the IP itself.
Chris