New shoes

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 09:54 AM
horizonhuskies
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New shoes

Got some new shoes, gonna have them installed today. I ended up picking up some factory L rims a couple months back. They were on the L for about a week until some MOMO rims were put on. I got them for 480 to my door. I called up a local vendor, and am having Nitto 404's 305/55/18s put on them. With me being near bone stock, I wonder how hard it will be to break loose my back right tire? Haha.

Garrett

I will get pics up soon - As I am thinking about powder coating the inner part of each spoke black.

Old 01-26-2005, 03:11 PM
true4.2
Postmaster
You suck man...I've been wanting a set of L rims for a while now. I love 'em. Anyways, get some pics man! Also, I got a new guitar a while back...I'm not a drummer myself, but why did you install drums on your truck? Who has that kind of room man?!

Old 01-26-2005, 04:28 PM
horizonhuskies
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by true4.2
I'm not a drummer myself, but why did you install drums on your truck? Who has that kind of room man?!
I have no idea what you are talking about?

Old 01-26-2005, 07:20 PM
rmanTX
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by true4.2
You suck man...I've been wanting a set of L rims for a while now. I love 'em. Anyways, get some pics man! Also, I got a new guitar a while back...I'm not a drummer myself, but why did you install drums on your truck? Who has that kind of room man?!
just got an acoustic from my coworker today.....15 bucks

needs strings (nothing but elixer), maybe a new nut and bridge, it's got wicket fret buzz on low e in the first 2 or 3 frets. Maybe a little twist of the ol' truss rod will fix it up....

anyhow, i'm looking at getting some 20's sometime, i was going to get 18's but the price in tires between 18's and 20's is pretty minimal.

Anyhow, on a 20x8.75 what size tire should i get? the HD rides on 285/50/20, and that's about 31 inches. My stock 235/70/16's are about 28ish

Looking at the Goodyear Eagle GTII

Old 01-26-2005, 08:55 PM
low
Senior User
For what it's worth. I play guitar. I just quit a band that was pretty good and played all around Jackson. Now I play for my church. I have a Gibson and a B. C. Rich. I also have an Alverez acoustic. And I would like some 18 inch wheels too.

Old 01-27-2005, 08:05 AM
sigma
Senior User
Hmmm, you guys are not right… Reading this thread is like listening to the radio with two stations bleeding in on each other.

Garrett,

For a delivered price, that’s a good buy on the rims. They go for around $150 new. You’ll be surprised at the traction difference with the bigger tires.

I have no guitars, sitars, drums, bongos, or any other percussion, string, or wind instruments

Old 01-27-2005, 10:09 AM
true4.2
Postmaster
Originally Posted by low
For what it's worth. I play guitar. I just quit a band that was pretty good and played all around Jackson. Now I play for my church. I have a Gibson and a B. C. Rich. I also have an Alverez acoustic. And I would like some 18 inch wheels too.

Garrett, I apologize for the hyjack...

OBTW, I was just being my olf goofy self. It's good that you got a set of drums for the truck...good for braking ya know! And I still want those rims.

low,

What kind of Gibson? I used a Gibson Les Paul Custome Delux for a while there. I loved that guitar, but I just got too many guitars at once and ended up selling it. B.C. Rich guitars are crazy man. At a local pawn shop, there is a B.C. Rich guitar that's clear and is in the "axe" style shape of guitar. They want $500 for it. I've never actually played one though...do you like them?

Alvarez acoustics are pretty nice guitars also. I've played around with them at a place called Sound Techs in my town. They have mostly Alvarez and Larive's. I personally own a Yamaha Acoustic guitar... hmmmm...

http://www.guitar.com.au/guitars/acoustic/yamaha/

Look at the second guitar down. It's not a very big picture, but that's what mine looks like. I also own an ESP LTD and a Squire/Fender Strat blue w/white. The ESP is Maroon.

manster,

Elixers are the ONLY Acoustic strings I use. They have the perfect sound.

Old 01-27-2005, 11:31 AM
rmanTX
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
garrett, a million appologies.....i just can't hold back

I started out back in 9th grade, which was um....11 years ago or more. I lost touch for a few years, and have been on and off for the past 2 years. I own a guild acoustic, f4ce. they no longer make this model, but it's simply beautiful. It's glossy black, has a cutout, fishman electronics, the back has a slight curve in it. But not like an asphalt bowl of the applause or ovation.

I also have a 91 sunburst am. std. strat, which is sad that i don't play her so often. I bought that on in about 94, with a 500 watt fender amp, for 500 bucks. It was alsmost brand new, the guy who sold it to me was selling it for his brother who had passed away from cancer.

My first guitar ever was some classical that was strung with steel strings, beggin for mercy. I restrung it nylong, gave her a new bridge and nut, and now she's happy. My buddy has been watching her for about a year now.

My first electric i miss dearly, it was a fernanades (red) with a sustainer pickup. It had a toggle switch, in one position it was off, the other it sustained the strings, and the third position it sustained it, then raised it a few octaves. SWEET!

I use the elixer extra lights, which feel really good. I play a lot of acoustic guitar, but i play them like electics. I don't know why, i like the "natural" feel of the acoustic, but in high school it was almost like i was trained in electric. the difference between the "light" and "extra light" elixers is BIG. The extra lights lose a lot of tone and warmth. Nontheless, they are still better than your normal string

For the record, i mostly play a lot of slightly stoopid, sublime type music acoustically. I've listented to everything from the beatles, incubus, hendrix, stp. i even know a little dr. dre and tupac.

Garrett, how wide are the L rims? the 20's i most likely am getting are 8.75, and i was told by orange thunder that HD's ride on 275/45/20. I wonder if i should go wider with a lower aspect ratio. But on 20's, i'd better take out a loan for tires.....

Old 01-27-2005, 11:33 AM
horizonhuskies
Posting Guru
L rims are 18x9.5. The stock L tire is 285/45/18, I believe. This tire looks GREAT tucked under the wheel well. Pics to follow.

Garrett

Old 01-27-2005, 02:40 PM
true4.2
Postmaster
Originally Posted by horizonhuskies
L rims are 18x9.5. The stock L tire is 285/45/18, I believe. This tire looks GREAT tucked under the wheel well. Pics to follow.

Garrett
I would have to agree! Especially with the right drop.

manster,

I've been playing since I was 16...my B-Day (as you already know) is Dec 31, and I started practicing January 1st. So, I've been practicing/playing for an exact number of days.

My history consists of my original guitar and amp which was a...dare I say it...Peavey Raptor. You know all the kits guitars come in nowadays with the guitar, tuner, cord, amp, case, and strap? That's what it was, but it was a peavey setup for beginners. I eventually bought the Gibson/Epiphone Les Paul Custome Delux and then bought an Ibanez RG570 which I loved! So I had those 3 electrics. Somewhere in there I bought another Peavey Amp that had a 10" speaker. I still have that and use it today when I play live instead of a monitor. I sold those 3 guitars and bought 3 more. The Yamaha Acoustic guitar w/Elixer Lights, the ESP, and the Squire/Fender Strat (which really isn't much better than my original Peavey).

I also have a pedal board with Boss and Danelectro pedals that I use. Yummy! Boss pedal board - Boss SuperPhaser, Boss Chorus, Digitech Digidelay, Danelectro Fab Tone, and Crybaby Wah Pedal.

Anyways, I play for my church on Sundays, and I lead the Youth group on Wednessdays. Guitar is my 2nd life. I try (though I'm not the best...) to make God my 1st choice above all, but it's tough sometimes. Anyways, keep it real!