2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm mad at my dealer service!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 02:19 PM
mjbesen310
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm mad at my dealer service!

I had to take the truck in again this week becuase somehow the back seat of my truck had a bad rattle in it everytime I hit a bump. Turns out there was some kind of a loose clip that holds the seat in, they told me they fixed it after a day not having my truck. I went to pic it up, but before I even see anyone, I alsways go into my truck to make sure it's fixed and make sure nothing else is wrong. I opened the rear door of my supercrew and hit the seat with my hand to see if I can hear the noise again, and sure enough, it's there! Not only is it making a rattle noise, I could acually take my hand and push back and forth the seat!! No now I'm gettign a little mad, so just looked around the truck, and saw the drivers side seat was stained! Along with the Passenger side seat! It looks like they left the doors open somehow in the rain and get rain makes all over them!! I couldn't find anymore inside the truck that was wrong until I looked over the outside of the truck, there I found out the car wash left a bunch of fine little scratches all over the outside of the truck!!! Boy..this was it for me..I ran to the mangeger, pretty much dragged him out of his office to look at my truck. He was speechless, he didn't know what to say! All he told me was he would get it fixed as soon as he can. He said he will have a guy buff the scratches out and detail the inside again! Also fix that clip again in the backseat thats making all the noise!
I get so mad when I try to take such good care of my truck, and thinking you can trust a dealer to take care of it just like we all do, but I was wrong. The dealers beat the crap out of the truck and don't care for any car or truck that they see since it's not there own car there working on!! All I want to do is enjoy my truck, but all I've been driving is this dumb little Taurus they gave me. I want my truck back and it's killing me that the dealer has had it more often then I have had it myself!!!!!

Old 01-13-2005, 04:08 PM
jdwheels
Senior User
I always demand a truck for a loaner, and my dealer always gives me one, from Enterprise.

Old 01-13-2005, 07:34 PM
Blue Blooded
Senior User
I feel for ya. Just had mine in for ocasional erratic idle. Didn't find any problems yet(I'll check in the daylight) but, I'm always very reluctant to leave it w/ them, if it's something I can fix myself I would. If it makes you feel any better, Jaguar dealer is no better. My wifes X type was in for "gear box failure" (engine cut out when engaging cruise) and 5 miles down the road after it was "fixed", you guessed it. I hope they fix it right. Good luck.

Old 01-13-2005, 07:55 PM
4.6Ranger
Senior User
Originally Posted by mjbesen310
The dealers beat the crap out of the truck and don't care for any car or truck that they see since it's not there own car there working on!!
sorry they messed your truck up man. I think you need to find a new dealer.
not all dealers are like this. I work at a ford dealer and i take a lot of care with peoples vehicles. Its guys like that who destroy bussiness for the rest of us. When you pay upwards of 35k. for your truck and $80 a hour for service you deserve quality work. I always try to make sure vehicles leave in better condition then they come in. if you work on the door clean off the window before you pull it out. Its these small things that keep customers coming back. my advice is fine a good tech and get him to work on your vehicle.

I hate guys like that Thats the reason i'm standing around when the independent shop down the street is busy

Old 01-13-2005, 08:16 PM
Catfish Mike
Freshman User
I took my truck in for it's 3,000 oil change ,I went up front to look at the new King Ranch, that they had jacked up, and when I went back for my truck I saw alot of people around my truck,The butt head drove my truck of the ramp.There was no way to drive it back on to the ramp,no way to jack it up.They had one hell of a time with it.They had to rent a fork lift to get it out.
Would you beleve they told me that they were going to give me a free car wash for wating so long,I told them to stick there car wash where the sun don't shine and started to raise hell.Next time I take my truck in ill stay with it.
The service manger said they would give me free oil changes as long as I owned my truck.I told him I wonted nouthing free ,waht I did wont was to fill safe to let them work on my truck

Old 01-13-2005, 09:26 PM
Toreador
Elder User
Originally Posted by Catfish Mike
I took my truck in for it's 3,000 oil change ,I went up front to look at the new King Ranch, that they had jacked up, and when I went back for my truck I saw alot of people around my truck,The butt head drove my truck of the ramp.There was no way to drive it back on to the ramp,no way to jack it up.They had one hell of a time with it.They had to rent a fork lift to get it out.
Would you beleve they told me that they were going to give me a free car wash for wating so long,I told them to stick there car wash where the sun don't shine and started to raise hell.Next time I take my truck in ill stay with it.
The service manger said they would give me free oil changes as long as I owned my truck.I told him I wonted nouthing free ,waht I did wont was to fill safe to let them work on my truck
I must admit I woulda taken the free oil changes.

Old 01-13-2005, 11:11 PM
mkoser
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When ford sends you the "customer satisfaction survey" make sure to be honest on it. The dealers are afraid of them, and ford takes them seriously. I am very good freinds with the owner of dealership here, who's son is the general manager. He's told me on numerous times that ford has called them on specific surveys which come back negative. He has even replaced 6 of his service people due to the survey responses alone. If you dealer is "blue oval certified" this is even more important to them.
M

Old 01-14-2005, 01:31 AM
exiled
Posting Guru
i would have hit the roof.but luckly here we have a very good dealer.they take care of their people. monday i bought a 05 fx4.i was really slow about trading in my 97 stepside lariat,but after signing the papers and while they where giving my new truck a bath and filling it up they let me drive my 97 one more time.they are are very well staffed.thank you very *** ******* i thought all ford dealers where equal now i feel blessed..

Old 01-14-2005, 03:44 AM
asinatra
Senior User
LMAO, you complain, why didnt you DIY? And who the hell would take in a truck and get a seat fixed. Thats asking for trouble, when that happens service just doesnt care on the subject and thinks your a jerk.

How did you drop of the truck, call it in or just drop it off?

Old 01-14-2005, 06:10 AM
charlesh
Senior User
I have an 03 XLT that is my baby. I take it to a local tire dealer for oil changes and tire rotation. The last time I took it to them the person who did the work left grease on my seats, door handle etc. A real mess. And I always know if they checked the air in the tires because they forget to put back at least one of the caps. And then there is the nice scratches on the rims.

I wish I had the answer but I can't do the work myself so I clean up after as best I can and say to myself there are more important things to get upset about.