2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No luck with autospring kit...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 12:25 PM
Pylda
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No luck with autospring kit...

Just posting to say that I have had absolutely no luck with my autospring 2" level kit for my 2005 STX. Me and my father are very mechanically inclined so I figured this would be no problem to install. I was wrong.

Took it to a few shops today and heard the same thing from 3 different suspension and allignment shops. "Is this all that the kit came with? We wont be able to get it alligned, and if by chance we do, it would be very dangerous to drive."

So I am now giving up and will try to sell the kit I suppose on Ebay. If interested, let me know.

If there is anyone that reads this that is in the Dallas area and had it successfully installed somewhere, please let me know. Thanks.

Old 01-10-2005, 04:30 PM
Blue Blooded
Senior User
Just curious, what problems did you have w/ the install? I did mine myself in about 2hrs and didn't have any real problems(2" kit) The alignment shop probably don't think they can handle it. I took mine to a local Firestone dealer and had no problem w/ their new laser rack.

Old 01-10-2005, 06:26 PM
Pylda
Junior User
Once we got the spacer bolted on and the strut assembly back in, we could not get the ball joint bolt back on to the wheel assembly. We tried jacking up on the control arm, tried prying down on the wheel assembly and just simply could not get the joint back in. Called around to a few different shops inclding a goodyear shop and was told numerous times that they could not allign the vehicle.

Old 01-10-2005, 06:53 PM
Blue Blooded
Senior User
For that, I actually had my bro help a little. I basically stood in the wheel well and pushed down on the upper arm until it aligned(the upper arm will touch the coil, but this is at full extension, which is never reached unless you take it off road and get it airborne), then my brother started the nut. I still don't know why they said it can't be aligned. It seems everyone that installed the kit on this and other sites,myself included, had no problems w/ the alignment. If you change your mind on the kit, I would just keep calling around. I really don't see what the big deal is to them.. it's simply out of alignment w/ the kit installed.

Old 01-11-2005, 07:44 PM
tpetty
Senior User
My brother and I installed the kit in about an hour. It drove fine after, but I had a tire shop align it - it was out a little, but they got it perfect again for $45.