2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fords Truck Colors....

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 04:13 PM
Dunk
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fords Truck Colors....

Blue is my color. My Lariat is Wedgewood blue and tan. I kicked around the True Blue but it was to dark. The Wedgewood looks like someone spilled a can of steel gray into can of blue and invented a new color. It's to flat looking. They need something inbetween and a brighter metalic leaning toward a teal color..

Bright red is red and thats fine. The Toreador red is nice especially with the tan accent and insides.. There was a Toreador red(same options) right beside mine when I bought mine. It was a close call because I do like that deep red..

Their green is horrible, but salvagable with tan accents... A real green would be like my 69 Mach I's Silver Jade.

Black is always a hot color, but pain in the butt to keep looking decent.

The rest are not even colors... Yellow is too much color..

Now before you tee off on me about your favorite color all I'm saying is Ford could put a little more effort into different colors each year. Lots of guy's like the Gray versions. White...never again will I own a white vehicle...

I was looking at 05 250's today while I waiting on the oil change in the 150 and found a Cocoa Brown Scab Diesel. I can't find that color on the Ford web site pricing out a 250, but it was there big as life??? I'm definitely going 250 when the lease is up. I miss my 460 F250HD...

Anyone got any thoughts on colors??

Old 12-22-2004, 04:49 PM
76Forder
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ive allways admired a nice electric blue, altho a deep forest green is nice, and some reason a neon green comes to mind for pinstripe

Old 12-22-2004, 05:29 PM
05ontheway
Freshman User
According to Ford's web site the only difference in colors between the F-150 and F-250 is the Green. As far as what you saw, the only color I can think of would be the new Dark Stone Metallic color (new for '05). Don't know how to describe the color except that it definately has brownish/greyish highlights. I think its very nice, though I saw where someone described it as the color of mud. Each to his own.

Old 12-22-2004, 09:11 PM
BOZE
New User
Whats wrong with White...chicks dig it!

Old 12-22-2004, 09:34 PM
dalejarrettfan
Junior User
my '05 s/cab 4byXLT is Dark Stone and 05ontheway is close it actually looks like it has green in it too depends on the light and been getting alot of compliments except for the tan interior....all my fords before have had the same boring Grey interior needed a change.....but hey i have a tan interior with Grey CatchAll mats for winter. fit right outta the front and second rows of a '99 expy. floor pan isn't all that different.

these guys in above threads talking about 22 miles to gallon....i am wondering when i am going to see close to that. i'm guess mine is close to half of that, but it is 25degrees here and it only has 800 miles on it. Please tell me it's gonna climb outta the toilet.

Old 12-22-2004, 11:42 PM
blitzen25bm
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that new harley davidson 250's blue is awesome and with the flames, i wish i had one.

Old 12-23-2004, 08:16 AM
Truckasaurus
Senior User
Originally Posted by BOZE
Yep, I have Oxford White and it is surely a chick magnet.

I love having white, and with the tan interior its really sharp. I just wish I could have gotten black carpet.

T

Old 12-23-2004, 10:36 AM
TRITON-ic
Senior User
Originally Posted by BOZE
No offence, but when I see a white vehicle, especialy a van or a truck one thing comes to mind "Fleet vehicle". After owning a white car, I don't think I'd do it again.

Old 12-23-2004, 01:43 PM
04ASGreen
Junior User
Unhappy Ouch!

"Their green is horrible, but salvagable....."

Now you've hurt my feelings.

Old 12-23-2004, 02:15 PM
bigplayrayr
Senior User
I like the white too, but only on Lariat. I like the True blue, but it wasn't available on the Lariat. I like the Wedgewood, but I don't like the arizona beige n the wheel moldings. A nice metallic silver would have been nice for the Lariat, but since it wasn't I chose black. A pain to keep clean, but nothing looks nicer than when it is clean.

Old 12-23-2004, 02:56 PM
dkshado
Junior User
Wanted the red but the wife wouldn't go for the lights and siren. Thought about the yellow, wife threatened divore. So bought the dark gray, black inerior, leather trim FX4 SCAB. Life is just a compromise. Love the Truck, love the color, I got what I wanted and she got what she wanted.

Old 12-23-2004, 03:16 PM
grayflare
Junior User
Sorry if you offended me, but Ill take my Dark Shadow Gray over all the other colors Ford has out right now. There are some nice colors just like the gray the best.

Old 12-23-2004, 03:51 PM
InboundFX4
Senior User
My favorite is the dark shadow grey... and that's the color of my truck. However, there is an older Dodge truck that parks near me sometimes and is almost identical in color. Seeing them side by side I sort of wish mine was just a wee bit darker.

I love the black but I had to break out of my black-vehicle streak. I'm not a fan of Green but I think Ford did a good job with their green. And yellow... could us a slight more orange in it.

Old 12-23-2004, 04:16 PM
cbsaf
Senior User
I went in trading a white 2000 XLT and had dark shadow grey in mind for my new truck but all I found I liked was a dark (theodor sp?) red and an Arizona beige 2004. I test drove the red and thought it looked good but in the end I went with the beige. I am glad I did as I think it has more of a dignified look to it rather than sporty and it can go a long time without a wash and not show dirt. It may not be the prettiest color but it sure is functional!

Old 12-23-2004, 04:31 PM
mjbesen310
Senior User
I have the True Blue color with the bright silver metalic on the bottom a long with the silver metalic fender flares to match! I love the looks!! Very sharp looking truck!!

Quick Reply: Fords Truck Colors....