New Hampshire Chapter Join Chapter Leader: 7283-F250

Upholstery Shops?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 04:37 AM
Gregg C.
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Upholstery Shops?

Can any of you guy's recomend a good place to get a seat recovered? I purchased an original bench seat for the back of my Supercab to replace the jump seats. I need to get it recovered to match the aftermarket seat I have in the front. Any help or recomendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 12-29-2004, 11:35 PM
blue96psd
Senior User
gregg i dont' know where u live but theres a place right outside of waterbury in oakville i believe its called daves appulstery(sp) i seen his work on a few convertible top he did a good job its a small shop on main st i plan on having him redo my seets hope this helps

Old 12-30-2004, 04:52 AM
Gregg C.
Senior User
Thanks. We're through Waterbury at least twice a month. I'll give him a call and see what he say's. I've been getting prices around 450.00 to do that seat. The price may be close but I felt it was a little bit high considering it's so small in comparison to a front bench. Then add 100.00 for the art work I want to do, then the 100.00 I paid, it's starting to be a pretty expensive seat. Well, maybe I'm just cheap!

Old 12-31-2004, 06:44 AM
383lightning
Senior User
Fairfield Auto Upholstery is good, not sure on prices though. and not sure your location.

Jody

Old 01-02-2005, 07:42 AM
Gregg C.
Senior User
Thanks Jody. I'll check them out since I'm down that way quite often. I'm in Bethel but it's less than a half hour down Rte. 58.

Nice ride you have! I'd like to check that out sometime to. Do you take that to any show's? Alway's looking for new places to go with the truck during the summer.

Thanks again.
Gregg

Old 01-02-2005, 08:39 AM
383lightning
Senior User
I usually go to the All Truck Show at Holley Dodge in Middletown. and sometimes the cruise at Heavenly doughnuts in Ansonia. If the truck is running good and reliable this year maybe I can get up to the Sycamore or Marcus Dairy. Depends when my build is done, but maybe I will go to Carlisle Pa for he all truck Nat's.

Jody

Old 01-02-2005, 02:11 PM
Gregg C.
Senior User
Sycamore is about 5 minutes away from my house. We usually cruise in for dinner at least 4 or 5 times a year. They let anyone in. Marcus is for rides over 25 years old. I did get in last year with my truck all year though. They do have a truck night once a year for anyone. I'll post when it is. A friend did tell me to check out Heavenly Donuts but I just never had time on a Sunday.

We missed Carlisle this year but did spend 2 day's in Bloomsburg. There was about 3000 participants. My kid's loved the show. Montser truck's, mud drags, and tough truck's. I think there favorite part was the bikini contest though. We were lucky enough to get a photographers choice plaque for the truck.

Post when you hear of local or not so local shows going on. I'm always interested.
Gregg

Old 01-03-2005, 04:58 AM
Bordaine
Elder User
Heavenly Dounut is alot of fun. Every Sunday night from Mothers Day to (last Sunday in Oct?) I think. There is some very interesting equipment shows up there. I go there with my AMX.
There is A cruise night nearly every night of the week somewhere. I believe there is a list of cruise nights on Hemmings web site.