2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bad fuel mileage reflash

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 05:19 PM
GMtoFord
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bad fuel mileage reflash

I took the 05 KR 150 3.73 gear into the shop this afternoon for the bad fuel mileage (10 in town) and the service adviser didnt know one thing about the reflash, I had to mention that a few people have had it done and he finnally agreed to put the truck on the computer,well the ticket says that they reflashed it for a stalling problem but he told me that it would load all avalible programs as they can't choose which ones to put in,do you guys think I got the right software update installed?

Old 12-14-2004, 06:57 PM
Mathwiz
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am sure you did. If I understood correctly last week when I had my truck reflashed, the shop tech put my vin # in the computer and it checked and determined if there was an updated revision for my truck. I was standing beside him asking a bunch of questions while the computer hooked to my truck was doing its scan. After it finished scanning, the screen showed a list of issues that had been corrected in the newer program. Some of the corrections were for 4.6L engines exclusively and I told him I did'nt need them and he said that the update was like a package thing and if a particular part did'nt apply to my truck it would just ignore it. I wanted to write down all the individual items, but when he started the reflash the screen changed.
It seemed to be rather comprehensive.
Hope this helps,

Mike

Last edited by Mathwiz; 12-14-2004 at 07:01 PM.