1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

Ranger 94 - stock fog lamp replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 04:26 PM
exstoker
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Ranger 94 - stock fog lamp replacement

I am looking for an alternative to the two fog lamps mounted in my plastic vanity piece below my bumber,as the stock price of these fog lamps is riduculous.

There does not seem to be an aftermarket alternative and the stock lamps will not allow you to replace the bulb, I am looking for something that will go through the mounting plate, with a bolt to mount to plate on lamp body.

Preferablly with a scree for protection, and with replaceable bulbs.

What is the best for fog, yellow or white??

Old 10-31-2004, 06:07 PM
ranger pat
Cargo Master
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
I think I paid $65 each for Hella replacement lamps when my stock lamps broke or fell off. Found them on a yahoo search.

Old 10-31-2004, 07:46 PM
CowboyBilly9Mile
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by exstoker
.......................the stock lamps will not allow you to replace the bulb.....................
Wanna bet on that one? I've replaced mine about half a dozen times in the last 10 years. The lamp is removable from the front; there is a small steel tab at the 6 o'clock position (or maybe 12 o'clock, it's been awhile). Push down on the tab with a small screwdriver and push the lamp away from this tab, then pull the lamp towards you. Remove the rubber cover on the back that is about the size of a half dollar and you will see the retention wire that holds the bulb in place. It takes about 10 minutes to replace if you're not in a hurry.

On a side note, I've found that the glue that holds the glass to the back of the lamp likes to deteroriate over time. While you have the lamp out and with your hands, try to pull/rotate the glass from the base. If it breaks free, clean the mating surfaces and secure the glass to the base with Permatex black. And while you're at it, I'd check the other one too. There's enough Rangers driving around out there with missing glass and messed up fog lights.

Last edited by CowboyBilly9Mile; 10-31-2004 at 07:52 PM.