1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Mystery Hood Ornaments

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 12:35 AM
56_Toy
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mystery Hood Ornaments

I have been having a hard time trying to determine what vehicle the hood ornaments on my truck were taken off of. I put a couple of pics in my gallery in an effort to see if anyone else recognises them. I like them and am trying to figure out if it would be better to have them reworked or see if I can get a new pair. Any help would be appreciated.

Adam

Old 09-26-2004, 03:01 AM
58shortbed
Junior User
Adam,

Those ornaments on your hood are fender top ornaments from a 1958 Ford Thunderbird. Some refer to them as "gunsights". The style you have is definitely from a '58, and I think similar ornaments were on '59 and '60 models as well, but with slightly different emblems in the circles.

Now, I may be wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure that the same ornaments were also on '58-'60 Galaxies and Fairlanes.

I just saw a new pair on eBay with a "buy it now" price of 119 bucks (at the time of this post).
Go to eBay motors and search: 1958 Thunderbird Fender Top Ornament

or this place also has them:

http://www.thunderbirdconn.com/

Good luck. Great looking truck!

TC

Old 09-26-2004, 10:00 AM
56_Toy
Freshman User
Thanks 58Shortbed!

I knew they would be off of something totally unrelated to trucks, funny thing is the SquareBird is my favorite body style of T-Bird... I just never made the connection.

I appreciate the detective work!

Adam