Sponsored by: DP Tuner

need a good diesel mechanic in south bay san diego

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 04:57 PM
cleannsober
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need a good diesel mechanic in south bay san diego

I have a f350 1997 7.3L ...it has a banks chip and transcommand, downpipe, pacbrake...exhaust brake also a ATS intercooler all after market. My engine light has come on of course the dealership has said i have modified the truck so they do not want to work on the truck. I have several different codes coming up.
Does anyone know of a worth while mechanic in the san diego area that is knowledgeable of after market products and their problems they bring to a truck ....if so please advise.....desperate to get on the road again. By the way the performance of the truck is great. It doesn't act sick it just has the engine light on. Please advise please help frustrated need a great mechanic

Old 09-15-2004, 05:21 PM
bodabdan
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm on the wrong end of the country to know for sure, but there is a group called Southern California power strokes or something like this. One of the users here has posted links to their web page. I think it was "weweld" but I'm not sure. Maybe they can help out.

www.socaps.com

Old 09-15-2004, 07:16 PM
jamesj
Mountain Pass
Old 09-17-2004, 08:39 PM
cleannsober
New User
mr. jamesj my light is on,my engine light. I have several after market products on the truck. I have a banks chip ...a banks transcommand ...banks downpipe...an ATS
intercooler and also a pacbrake or pac exhaust brake. I have several codes showing when taken in. I don't have codes right on hand , i have just found this sight and was hoping for the best. You know how people like to talk. I would really like someone who knows these products and there troubles and the troubles they cause, I need a good mechanic to work on my trucks. I am looking for someone in the southbay chula vista san diego area....i use to take my trucks to Sanders diesel in Escondido ....maybe you have heard of him...he was very knowledgable of diesels and all their products. He went out of business and now looking for another. Please help!

Old 09-17-2004, 08:50 PM
cleannsober
New User
mr. jamesj my light is on,my engine light. I have several after market products on the truck. I have a Banks chip ...a banks transcommand ...banks downpipe...an ATS
intercooler and also a pacbrake or pac exhaust brake. I have several codes showing when taken in. I don't have codes right on hand , i have just found this sight and was hoping for the best. You know how people like to talk. I would really like someone who knows these products and there troubles and the troubles they cause, I need a good mechanic to work on my trucks. I am looking for someone in the southbay chula vista san diego area....i use to take my trucks to Sanders diesel in Escondido ....maybe you have heard of him...he was very knowledgable of diesels and all their products. He went out of business and now looking for another. Please help!

Old 09-18-2004, 09:01 AM
overtime_ranchero
Junior User
Call banks, they have a tech support team. maybe they can help.

Old 09-18-2004, 10:50 PM
bodabdan
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I know that you are looking for a mechanic, but many of the sponsors of this site are VERY sharp on these trucks. They may not be able to do the wrenching but they may be able to make some suggestions. Maybe some of them supply a reputable shop in your area and they can refer you. Some of the "old school" diesel techs are not up to speed on these late model things but many are. What I'm suggesting is that a great shop for old Macks may not be equipped or trained for your truck. Sorry I can't do more to help.

EDIT- One more idea- I know that most dealers won't work on modified vehicles, but maybe there's a Ford tech near you thta does side work. A few years ago I gave up converting a 350 truck to 454. Couldn't figure out the problem. Tried the local bowtie dealership and they wouldn't touch it. A few days later I found out that one of the Mr. goofwrench guys worked on the side and had done it for years. He got it going for about $60.

Last edited by bodabdan; 09-18-2004 at 10:59 PM.