1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Fun Times with C notching my chassis

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2004, 07:38 PM
halfdone
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fun Times with C notching my chassis

G'Day

I haven't been participating in the forum for a few weeks because I have been having "fun times" in hospital

I was out in the shed working on the C notches in the F1.

I droped down on one knee to pick something up and landed dead square on the kneecap on an old bolt laying on the ground.

I did the usual dance routine and said a few choice words, and then got back to work.

About 24 hrs later at the office my knee balooned up and went real red, I went home and took some painkillers, strapped it up and sat back too watch TV.

By about Midnight I was in so much pain I dragged myself out to the car and drove my self to the casualty department at my local hospital (one of the good things about Australia is a great FREE public health system), that put me on antibiotics and strong painkillers and sent me home.

After 3 days and no improvement I went to my GP.....she took one look at my knee and sent me to the casuality department of the main hospital.

After 24 hours on a bed in the corridor outside casualty they admitted me and put me on IV antibiotics four times daily as an inpatient in one of the wards

....after 10 days of coctails of various antibiotics they decided it wasn't working and they would have to "open it up and clean it out"

So last week I had two lots of knee surgery in which they removed the burser (fluid sack) above the knee cap, because they couldn't clean out the infection in it. (plus one aborted surgery when I threw up under general anistetic!)

I am back home, can walk a bit, and they say it will be at least another two weeks before I can go back to work.

All up 5 weeks off work and I can't don anything in the shed, because I can't bend down!

Moral to the story - SWEEP UP THE FLOOR BEFORE YOU START WORK !!!

Can't wait to get back in the shed......the C notches need finishing!

Old 09-12-2004, 10:57 PM
kooper909
Elder User
Holy ...!! Ouch!!

Hopefully some of us can learn from your advice ... we hope you get better soon.

Old 09-17-2004, 12:33 PM
minuteman
Freshman User
Smile

Hope you get to feeling better. Maybe go the the shed and just look. That should make you feel better. A speedy recovery.

Mike

Old 09-17-2004, 01:13 PM
mt54
Posting Guru
Good lesson for all of us,, at your expense hope your doin better!
Sure glad my C notchin didn't go that way

Mike

Old 09-17-2004, 08:03 PM
halfdone
Senior User
Knee

Thanks guys

Stitches come out Monday......but I couldn't wait so I was back in the shed yesterday and today.

I cleaned up the inside of the rails and painted them with POR15........with my leg in a full length brace!

As soon as I can find answers to which holes need captive nuts I will weld in the boxing plates

Mark