Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator 1991-1994, 1995-2001, 2002-2005, 2006-2010 Ford Explorer

ABS LIGHT flickers then stays on.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-1999, 09:56 AM
Cindy..

well, our 99 explorer limited has had it's first gremlin show up, less than 2k on the odometer, this one, the ABS light flikers for 1 day, then the next morn, it stays on. Back to the dealer for a look-see, I'm killing time on my laptop waiting for the diagnosis....
Anybody have probs with the ABS and it's lights going on, what does it mean when the light comes on, is it inactive or disabled???
Great truck, but the first glitch with less than 2k miles on it is a little troublesome.....

Old 12-09-1999, 06:21 PM
norm
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the problem with my 99 V8 Eddie B. went to the dealer they replace all the sensors did not solve it so they replace the control unit all that with about 2k on the rig and now I have 16k not a prob since. Oh i lied the Sub in the Mach sound system keeps blowing thats it

Old 12-17-1999, 02:08 PM
Steve "Muerte" Robertson

I live in Alaska and as you can imagine, get to experience the benefits of ABS quite a bit. One time I was trying to stop on a mixture of snow, ice, and gravel and the ABS light came on. After that the ABS was not functioning until I shut the vehicle off and restarted. Apparently the combination of slipping and gripping surfaces "confused" the ABS system and it shut down until the engine was restarted. I know not much help but for what it's worth, when your ABS light is on when you're driving, you don't have any ABS. These type of gremlins are going to pop up whenever you purchase a domestic vehicle. (sorry, but it's true... never had such problems with a foreign model)

Old 02-20-2000, 12:33 AM
ExplorerEB96
Junior User

LOL maybe the Foreign one didn't tell you... at least the explorer tells you when something is wrong...

Karol

Old 02-21-2000, 09:32 AM
fordfan
New User