1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Morrison Frames

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 08:18 PM
Gear Up
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Morrison Frames

Was looking at a small catalog my son got a couple of years ago from the Art Morrison Ent. company and wondered how their type of equiptment would work under a 50 panel truck. My goal is to put the running gear from a t-bird in and under the truck but haven't come up with a method of attatching the top of the struts. They show some front clips with strut fittings and wonder if it might be a route to go. Anyone heard of or had experience with their product?

Gear Up

Old 08-11-2004, 09:20 PM
robertr
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gear Up,

Art Morrison is a very high quality fabricator and manufacturer. His business is not far from Seattle, and they have become one of, if not the best, frame and chassis companies around. I was fortunate to be given a full tour of his company a couple of years ago, and wow they do high quality work. The welding is absolutely art work, and their tubing bending is aircraft quality. The design work is all Computer Assisted Design (CAD), and is very well thought out. I understand that Jay Leno's super hotrod Buick Roadmaster used a Morrison chassis with Corvette suspension. I know they are able to build to meet customer's wishes, so a phone call or visiting their website should get you started.

Shortly after I had the tour, a friend of mine bought a chassis from them to use under a car he had. I helped him do some of the work, and we both figured if we ever needed another custom chassis, Art Morrison is the only place to go.

Just my thoughts, but of course I'm rather biased. Art is a fellow Washingtonian. (grin)

Bob in Spokane, Washington

Old 08-11-2004, 10:54 PM
DS02F250
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shortly after I began my project '59 F-100 approximately 3 years ago, I needed a new gas tank for mounting behind the rear end. Based solely on proper dimensions and tank capacity, I purchased a foam-filled fuel cell from Art Morrison Enterprises. I didn't know Art Morrsion Enterprises from the man on the moon, but when it arrived and it was time to call on my buddies at the car club's hot rod shop, they were blown away that I have an Art Morrison tank. They were quick to point out the weld bead and finish work quality, etc.They said that Art Morrison has made top quality products for a number of years. Needless to say, I've had no problems with the fuel cell that I inadvertently came across through no knowledge of my own. Good thing they told me or I might never have known what a fine product I have!!!

Good luck,
Daryl