2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Regular Cab rear doors

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 07:05 PM
ejpreston
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Regular Cab rear doors

Hello,

Looking into a new truck, and I just realized that the new regular cabs actually have rear doors! I thought it was cool that they added the extra room but then to give access through doors is way cool. My question is, does anyone have this? Do you think it's decent room (i'm comparing it to a supercab ranger)? or is the space still useless? Thanks a lot for your help.

Old 08-09-2004, 07:15 PM
KCSport
Senior User
Yep I have them. Really not as cool as you think. You still have to move the seat up to get back there, but there is some pretty good room for a standard cab.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...=35395&width=0

Old 08-09-2004, 07:24 PM
ejpreston
Senior User
Great truck. That's exactly what I was looking for...color and all. May I ask what you got it for?

Old 08-09-2004, 07:52 PM
asinatra
Senior User
The room is awesome, i love it. But no matter what in any reg cab you will have to move the seats foward to access everything. The only reason i would advise staying away from a reg cab or supercab is the doors flex really bad on terrain with lots of bumps or groves in the road. But on street you wouldnt know.

Old 08-09-2004, 09:33 PM
orangebanzai
Senior User
yep, i am currently looking at a true blue reg cab, was also wondering about the space behind the seats....i figured if i put everything (minor tools, flares, blanket etc) in a black gym bag etc, well the stuff wouldn't be moving around or sliding under the seats....someone on here complained that it took no time for things to slide under the seats from the space behind the seats.......sure beats what reg cabs have had for room in the past...if it didnt cost 2-3 thousand more for a supercab i would probably go that route...those supercabs look so long i think.........lol

Old 08-09-2004, 09:39 PM
KCSport
Senior User
Originally Posted by ejpreston
Great truck. That's exactly what I was looking for...color and all. May I ask what you got it for?

Just a little over $23,000

Old 08-10-2004, 11:44 AM
khendrix
Senior User
When I went to buy my truck, I was stuck between a 4.0 Ranger Extended Cab 4x4 and the Regular Cab 4x2 F150.

I went with the F150 because I love the room behind the seat. I have a toolbox behind the seat to hold all my tools,straps,tow rope,jumpers.ect... The tool box is about a 12" tall and 20" long. I also have a shotgun behind the seat. I think it is really a large step foward in the truck bizz to actually make use of the area behind the seat in regular cabs.

My truck is a 5.4 XLT Swb. It looks just like KCSport's truck. The grey color is great. I gave a little over 23,000 for mine too.

Great truck.

Old 08-10-2004, 12:22 PM
75Player
Senior User
I love the rear doors on my regular cab, and don't even really mind moving the seat back forward. What irritates the hell out of me is that the STX seats don't have the seat back release mechanism that "remembers" the last position on the seat. Drives me nuts..... Even my hunk of junk Geo Metro had this feature, you'd think a $25,000 truck would have them. Is it just me that's bothered by this?

Old 08-10-2004, 01:43 PM
khendrix
Senior User
I doesnt really bother me moving the seat alot. I have to move the seat alot anyways because when my girlfriend drives it, she scoots the seet far foward to reach the pedals. I drive with the seat all the way back.

Old 08-10-2004, 02:05 PM
ejpreston
Senior User
Speaking of leg room, how is it? I'm 6 foot 4 inches (part of the reason I'm looking for a new truck). I fit well in my moms 03 S-crew. Is the leg room roughly similar?

Old 08-10-2004, 02:23 PM
JohnnyBoy
Senior User
Originally Posted by orangebanzai
someone on here complained that it took no time for things to slide under the seats from the space behind the seats.......sure beats what reg cabs have had for room in the past...if it didnt cost 2-3 thousand more for a supercab i would probably go that route...those supercabs look so long i think.........lol
Any any ANY truck will get stuff under the seats. Se la vie. I know what your talking about with the reg cab room. I have a 96 chevy reg cab and have to scoot the seat all the way back; im not so small in the belly region; and that totally eliminates all the room behind the seats. I have to admit, 2-3 K for a scab is no tmuch of a difference, unless your poor like me. I agree with you, the scabs look like longbeds even if they arent. ANd the real longbeds, look out! Land barge coming through!

Old 08-10-2004, 02:30 PM
khendrix
Senior User
Im 6' 1". I drive with the seat all the way back. There is plenty of room. I could sit closer to the steering wheel, but I dont like being that close the the air bag. I want to be far away from it because I seen one in action one time in a low speed parking lot crash. The airbag broke the man's nose that it went off on.

Old 08-10-2004, 02:36 PM
rang4wd
Junior User
Stuff does slide under the seat. I bought small plastic containers to put tow ropes, spare sweat shirt and stuff. The tubs don't slide anywhere. My hard plastic gun case fits behind the seat of my STX reg cab. Hunting season is not far away, that was the first thing I tried to put behind the seat. Now I can keep stuff in the cab.

Old 08-10-2004, 04:52 PM
840joneser
New User
8ft bed or extended cab? I wanted the bed and I love the Truck...