Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator 1991-1994, 1995-2001, 2002-2005, 2006-2010 Ford Explorer

Can I get Repair Parts for Ford Electrical Connectors

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2002, 11:45 AM
winfordr
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 07-29-2002, 09:57 AM
Babcore
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a '93 Explorer 4.0L Pushrod 2WD AT. The AC clutch (intermittently) would drop out, even though the AC pressure switch was made.

I traced this to a connector which connects to both the pressure switch and the AC clutch.

This connector is typical of most of the sensor connectors throughout the vehicle. It is a 4 pin connector. If you slide the rubber seal back from the rear fo the connector and pull out the red plastic keeper in the middle of the pins (or sockets on the female), you can easily remove the crimped ends from the connector.

It would be easy to crimp new ends on the wires and put it back together if you could get the parts. My local Ford dealer says these parts are not available from Ford (he's been wrong before). Are these parts available?

Does anyone know what type these connectors are? All I can find is "epc" on the locking tab... (Are they some standard type like DIN?)

Old 08-03-2002, 07:51 AM
mikester
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ALL of the electrical connector parts can be purchased from Ford, but the parts guys hate to look them up, as most of em are on commission so it's the easy thing to do and say "they don't sell them"